“Superb!!”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 December 2011

What a lovely hotel and impeccable service! I really can't think of anything wrong with this hotel. It's a charming english hotel, located in a perfect spot for a weekend in London. It is located near the Britisch Museum and it's approximately a 15 minute walk to Piccadilly circus. We stayed in the master suite for three nights. The room had two floors, was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The rainfall shower is a nice touch. Roomservice was fast and quality of the food was good. One day we were late for breakfast and in a heartbeat we had a continental breakfast in our room without extra charge. We had diner in the restaurant one evening, which was really nice as well. Staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make you as comfortable as possible!
Unfortunately the last night I got sick, so we couldn't leave in time. Without any problem we could stay in our room till the end of the afternoon. In the end I ended up going to the hospital and was forced to stay another night. Because the master suite had two floors and climbing the stairs everytime I had to run for the bathroom was kind of uncomfortable we were able to change our room to a room with only one floor. Again the service was excellent. Arrangements were made very fast and within a few minutes someone was there to help us move the luggage. Staff has been very helpfull in calling the GP etc. Compliments and keep up the good work! I will definitely return when I visit London again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Montague on the Gardens.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the accommodation, service and the quality of the food throughout your stay.

I was sorry to hear that you fell ill and had to spend time in hospital, however I was pleased that we were able to make this difficult time easier for you. I do hope that you have recovered since then and had a comfortable onward journey.

We wish you all the very best for 2012 and we hope to welcome you back in the new year.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 December 2011

The hotel has its own English charming. All the interiors are so cosy and comfortable, all the staff I dealed with for 4 days of my staing was very hospitable and friendly. The room very nice, clean and comfortable. There are all the staff you need in trips in the room and even more: a robe, slippers, meeled coffee beans and...Russian tv channals...if somebody interested in:) But the thing which absolutelly impressd me: every night when I came back to my room I found a nice candy on my bad:) Thank you for that especially! I felt as I'm home in the hotel room and may be even better, because nobody put a candy on my bed at home:)
Thank you very much for your hospitality!
My best regards to all people and prosperity to the business.
Galina

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear Guest

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at The Montague.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service you received, and the amenities and treats that we have on offer.

We would all like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the New Year.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We have stayed at The Montague several times. The Hotel is very plush as are the bedrooms and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is well located for all areas of London, particularly the West End. We would thoroughly recommend the Hotel, as we stay there always when in London. It has a very hospitable Bar and the Restaurant is also good, with the breakfasts being the best we have tried.

Room Tip: All rooms face onto the gardens, but the Deluxe rooms are best if you do not really want to push the...

Dear Guest

As regular and much-valued guests your feedback is very important to us and I was delighted to hear that you find our staff to be consistently friendly and helpful.

We would like to take the opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the New Year.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

My partner, Andrew, and I have been going to the Montague on the Gardens since 2006 for a variety of reasons and will be going back there for three nights over Christmas. Can't wait to get there and will be bringing a few gifts along for the staff as they really deserve them. To say that the Montague is a home away from home does not quite cover it. The staff are simply wonderful and we see them as treasured friends rather than staff. They have been trained superbly well and the hotel manager Dirk (a really nice and very approachable man) has a great team on hand and one that never disappoints.

From the knowledgeable concierge staff led by Mustafa, to reception who make checking in a breeze, then on to the restaurant and the bar, the list of names is long. From Arjeta to Everett (sorry if I have spelt your name wrong!) who take care of the restaurant and bar (and many other things), to Mario in the extremely cozy bar and all the girls and boys who help in the bar, restaurant and rooms, a visit to the Montague always exceeds expectations.

The rooms are very comfortable (will be staying in the Virginia Woolf suite, so rather looking forward to that) and beautifully decorated, room service is first class and a big thank you has to go to the girls who clean the rooms.

Have been quite ill of late, but I am sure a visit to the Montague will restore heart, mind and body. How many hotels can claim to do that?

As I have said, can't wait!

Dear Guests

It has been an absolute pleasure reading your very kind feedback on your many times spent at The Montague.

It is very touching to know that you consider many of our staff as friends which I know is reciprocated.

We were all very concerned to hear of your recent illness and we do hope that you are now on the road to recovery.

We are all looking forward to seeing you both over the Christmas period.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Although clean for 235 pounds I would expect to have a bigger room.Had to walk sideways around the bed. Also the bathroom was very tired and needed upgading.

It was my husbands birthday and we would have been better to go to another cheaper hotel with the same standard rooms but bigger, there is one called the Bloomsbury Hotel. I have been to this hotel 3 times and should have stuck to it.

Would not use this hotel again.

6  Thank PinaPineapple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Dear Guest

I was deeply disappointed reading your comments about your recent stay.

I was really very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique.

Whilst we try to upgrade guests celebrating a special occasion this might not always be possible due to the availability and therefore I am sorry that we were not able to do so on this occasion.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

We had just 2 nights here and are planning to go back next year. It's nice when an hotel exceeds your expectations!

1  Thank DavidWheater
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that the hotel exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

On behalf of the Montague team I would like to wish you a very Happy Christmas and a brilliant New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2012.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

This is a lovely hotel across from the British Museum, on a nice tree lined-street in the Bloomsbury area. Very comfortable bed, lovely, well sized, quiet and impeccably clean room. What truly stood out was the service, however. We were delightfully surprised when we arrived at 7:00 AM after a long flight from the US, expecting to just drop off our luggage, to be greeted with fresh orange juice and the news that yes, of course our room was ready! As others have said, service across the board was truly outstanding--friendly, attentive, professional--yet never hovering. We honestly had the feeling that this hotel wanted us to be happy with our stay. Concierge was knowledgeable and helpful and secured excellent theatre seats for us. We ate breakfast every morning at the hotel in their lovely and cozy dining room. Would definitely stay here again on a return trip and would recommend without reservation.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service to be friendly, attentive and professional.

I was glad to hear that your room was ready after a very long flight.

I would like to thank you for your personal recommendation and I am very happy to hear that you will be returning to stay with us in future.