“elegance without the attitude”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #10 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Most of the nice things they say on this site about the hotel are true. It is a sweet English hotel. If you look hard enough you'll find fault everywere - and reading reviews it seems some people only travel to do so - but it's difficult to find some in this place. We stayed here for three nights and what struck me most was the very, very good customerservice. I think that's their main asset. If you're looking for a happening hotel this is not your place. If on the other hand you want a quite, elegant place with a well trained staff in the centre of London: this is it.

2  Thank erasmus115
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at The Montague on the Gardens Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our customer service and that you found our property to be elegant with well trained staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Dirk Crokaert

Write a ReviewReviews (4,327)

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Montague of the Gardens is a great place to stay whille traveling in London. I stayed here for one night in late December and had a very plesant experience. It is about 1hr away from London Heathrow airport by Taxi. The hotel can arrange a pick up and drop off taxi service upon request. The bed was extremley comfortable, and after having traveled by plane for many hours, the comfort and relaxation the hotel provided was much needed and appreciated. I origionally booked a twin size room, but was able to upgrade to a double for a small additional fee. The bathroom was very nice, and very clean, which is very important to me. The staff was extremley helpful in providing information about tours. I was able to book a tour thru the hotel, and it was only a block away from the hotel, so close enough to walk. Also the hotel is located close to the tube station, so you can use that mode of transportation as well. I ordered room service and the food was very good. The internet works extremley well, they provide both free wifi and cord. I was able to skype with no interuption in service and a clear picture. There are many many restaurants close to the hotel within walking distance and driving. I would definitely stay here again and look forward to returning to London.

Room Tip: I would choose a double room at the very least, rooms are a bit small in London compared to hotels i...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank briebw
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read your very complimentary comments about the service that you received and the facilities that we have on offer at the hotel. I was delighted to also read that you will definitely return in the future.

We wish you all of the best for 2012 and we look forward to welcoming you back in the new year.

Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed at the Montegue just before Christmas and loved it. The rooms are fantastic, decorated in a distinctive style and to a very high standard. Breakfast was delicious and made all the better for the friendly service. Our only regret was that we had such a busy schedule we didn't get to enjoy sitting in the bar and conservatory. Recommend this hotel and we will definately be back.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank ReadL
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay at the Montague on the Gardens. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the accommodation, service and breakfast in the morning.

We wish you all the best for 2012 and we hope to welcome you back in the new year.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Another return trip to this hotel and not disappointed by level of service.
We have at this hotel a number of times for a London break, its situated next to the British Meseum and approx 10 mins walk to Covent Garden. The Service is consitiently good.

The bedrooms are small (especially by American standards) but well decorated and comfortable, breakfast is normally included in room rate, with a range of options available.

Will stay again on next visit to London.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am delighted to hear that the service has remained consistent since your last visit to the hotel.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2012 and we hope to welcome you back in the new year.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

We have stayed at The Montague a number of times but recently were able to spend three nights there, enjoying Christmas shopping in style and comfort. The staff were wonderful, attentive and helpful, always on hand but never intrusive. A meal in the Blue Door restaurant was a must. We even sampled the Christmas experience of mulled wine and flavoured vodkas in the garden...brilliant fun. I recommend the hotel to everyone I know spending time in London and to anyone going to stay in London it is perfectly positioned to access all that London has to offer. Choose The Montague and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the garden,

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your comments and pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations once again.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your Winter Wonderland experience, which has been a new addition this year, and I am pleased to hear that you found it great fun!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Lovely smaller hotel with all the bells & whistles you'd hope for in this price range. Great location, professional & helpful staff, elegant & comfortable room. We look forward to staying there again.

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the service that you received and we all wish you all the best for 2012 and we hope to welcome you back in the new year.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

What a lovely hotel and impeccable service! I really can't think of anything wrong with this hotel. It's a charming english hotel, located in a perfect spot for a weekend in London. It is located near the Britisch Museum and it's approximately a 15 minute walk to Piccadilly circus. We stayed in the master suite for three nights. The room had two floors, was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The rainfall shower is a nice touch. Roomservice was fast and quality of the food was good. One day we were late for breakfast and in a heartbeat we had a continental breakfast in our room without extra charge. We had diner in the restaurant one evening, which was really nice as well. Staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make you as comfortable as possible!
Unfortunately the last night I got sick, so we couldn't leave in time. Without any problem we could stay in our room till the end of the afternoon. In the end I ended up going to the hospital and was forced to stay another night. Because the master suite had two floors and climbing the stairs everytime I had to run for the bathroom was kind of uncomfortable we were able to change our room to a room with only one floor. Again the service was excellent. Arrangements were made very fast and within a few minutes someone was there to help us move the luggage. Staff has been very helpfull in calling the GP etc. Compliments and keep up the good work! I will definitely return when I visit London again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Montague on the Gardens.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the accommodation, service and the quality of the food throughout your stay.

I was sorry to hear that you fell ill and had to spend time in hospital, however I was pleased that we were able to make this difficult time easier for you. I do hope that you have recovered since then and had a comfortable onward journey.

We wish you all the very best for 2012 and we hope to welcome you back in the new year.