“Thoroughly enjoyable”

GreenLeadersGold level
England, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

An excellent place to stay. Great rooms and excellent service from the staff. Highly recommended.

1 Thank KayeGee
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments on your recnt stay with us and I was delighted to hear that you found the service to be excellent.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Westchester County, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We arrived very early morning and our reserved room wasnt ready. For an additional fee we were able to check into a slightly bigger room (Smooth move) Room was quite pleasant and beautifully decorated with great bathroom. We took the tube on the Picadilly Line from terminal 3 Heathrow to Russell Square. Since we only had carry ons it was no trouble at all and faster than a bus or taxi. Had only one day before we went onto India so enjoyed the nearby British Museum and city walks. Luckily we had clear weather. Very nice value , would return to this hotel. NB: Crazy to eat here esp breakfast; there are tons of great places within easy walking distance all around the area.

1 Thank SigneEastfordCt
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Montague and I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you will be returning to the hotel in future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

From the first moment that we entered the lobby, the staff could not have been more polite, friendly and helpful. I stayed with my wife and two boys aged 8 and 11 to "show them the sights" for a few nights over February half term. The manner in which the staff went out of their way to interact with the boys and make them feel special was a delight. The Montague is a gem of a hotel in the heart of Bloomsbury, an area which itself has plenty to offer, as well as being located only a short stroll from the heart of the West End. We could not fault the quality of our rooms or the superb breakfast offerings, while all the communal areas of the hotel have a special ambience, especially the bar area. We found that once settled into a comfy leather settee enjoying a second drink listening to a high quality singer/pianist, it became increasingly hard to leave! Our experience was summed up by the fact that when we checked out on our final morning to visit the British Museum 500 yards down the road, the doorman kindly offered to meet us outside the museum with our cases once we had finished our tour. Need I say more !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Stuart P
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Guest

I was absolutely delighted to hear that you and your family had a memorable stay with us and that you found the service to be outstanding.

It was a pleasure looking after you and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Didn't stay at the hotel but attended for a party. We were initially in a room with a good outdoor space available and were provided with drink and some very nice food, which was provided by helpful and friendly staff. We were then shown to a downstairs room for music and dancing which was easily large enough for a good party. The only gripe would be the limited selection of drinks available from the small bar but overall an excellent venue for a party in central London.

Room Tip: Didn't stay at the hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the staff to be friendly.

Thank you for your comments regarding the drink selection available in our banqueting suite.
Whilst we only have a limited selection on display in this area we have a wide range of drinks on sale from our main bar and I was sorry to hear that you were not informed about this.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay. Cannot fault the service or the cleanliness of the rooms. All the staff made you felt really welcome - nothing was too much trouble. The concierge staff and dining room staff remembered who we were after just one encounter - little things make the difference. We were out in the evenings but came back to a refreshed room with clean towels fresh bottled water etc. The bed was large and comfortable - each room must be unique as on entering ours the bathroom was on the right and the wardrobe on the left then you went downstairs to the main part of the bedroom - very different and lovely. It was my birthday and a lovely plate of chocolates arrived with a balloon and a handwritten note. Only ate breakfast in the hotel but ot was really lovely. My only criticism....for some reason there were no drawers in our room that we could put clothes in just a desk and a wardrobe!

1 Thank Withers
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay at The Montague. I was delighted to hear that you had a memorable birthday celebration with us and that you especially enjoyed the service and the treats provided.

Thank you for your comments regarding the lack of drawer space which I will certainly look into.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Chesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I recently attended this hotel for a two day work event and as I have coeliac disease had requested special dietary requirements for lunch. Often hotels will make something different to the usual buffet they provide but not the Montague. All the food was served together and available to everyone, they provided platters of beautiful food for the whole group and each platter had a label highlighting whether it contained gluten or not. What stood out was at tea break in the afternoon the group were given scones, with cream and jam and I was presented with a plate of freshly baked gluten free scones - I felt I couldn't say no as someone had gone to the effort of making this especially :-) Thank you!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments on your recent visit to the hotel and I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our gluten free offering.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

If you are looking for a quaint, very English hotel with more than enough staff to pamper you....then this is the one for you.

Reception was beautiful and the staff could not do enough for you (even though there seemed to be a lot of senior staff in a small space).

The hotel inside is like a picture book and you get a quick tour prior to being taken to your room.

We did not eat at the hotel as we had already pre-booked elsewhere but from the look of the afternoon tea it would have been very nice!

The only problem I had was I booked for 3 adults online as my son is older, we were booked in at reception (you couldnt miss there were 3 of us in such a small area) and we were taken up to a double room! You could sit at the end of the bed and touch the wall it was so 'cosy'. To their credit the hotel upgraded us to a suite which was outstanding (thank you!). I do wonder what would have happened if they were fully booked though????

Overall a higher cost hotel but you do get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Rooms are quite small so if you can afford it upgrade!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at The Montague. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the service that we provided.

May I take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for the misunderstanding with the room type that was booked for you, which should have been picked up prior to your arrival and further more upon check in. I was however pleased to hear that we managed to accommodate you in one of our suites and resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in future.