“exceptional hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“exceptional hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We are repeat guests. We are made to feel at home here. The consierge Mustafa and his asst. Jorge, gave us outstanding service. They seem to remember all guest's names.
Our room was a superior king on the top floor facing the courtyard. Loved the aqua/lace look decore'. Room was large enought to accomode a desk and 2 comfy chairs. Bath was all tiled w/nice lotions and soaps.
Location is excellent for train or to walk to restaurants, theatres and attractions.
When I made reservations, I told them it was our anniversary, The general manager arranged to have our bed decorated with towel hearts and flower petals when we returned after dinner. We were truly surprised and appreciated the thoughtfulness.
Cannot wait for another visit to London. We have been to Eng. many times, but this hotel is by far the best one
Thanks again to all staff for making our stay a great one

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding your stay at the Montague.

I was delighted to hear that we made your anniversary trip an occasion to remember and that you liked the little touches that we provide.

Thank you for your kind comments about Jorge and Mustafa and I will ensure that their service is duly recognised.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed for one night to visit West End show. Had 2 rooms to accommodate ourselves and 3 children which were next to each other as requested. The rooms were lovely and finished to a high standard, the bathrooms were very luxurious. The staff were fantastic, very helpful and wonderful to the children. Breakfast was a big hit with the children with plenty to choose from. As it was Easter weekend there was an Easter egg hunt in the hotel lounge with the children doing very well out of it! Felt totally refreshed even though we were only there one night, just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank NatSuC
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your Easter break at the Montague.

I was pleased to hear that the children had a wonderful time during our Easter egg hunt and that the whole family had a memorable vacation.

We hope that we can welcome you again soon.

Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for just a night as we were going to watch The Lion King show (only a 10 minute walk away). Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted with a very friendly atmosphere. Our room wasn't quite ready so we were given complimentary cups of tea and biscuits in the lounge area which was very cosy and warm. The room itself was quite small but very well decorated and spotless. The bathroom was very clean and modern too. We had our evening meal before the show in the Bistro attached to the hotel which was excellent. The concierge were very helpful getting us a taxi straight away. Breakfast in the bistro was also of excellent quality. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lucybrees
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Montague on the Gardens.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience with us and that you found the service to be excellent.

Thank you for recommending us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Derbyshire
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife booked this as part of a surprise for my 60th birthday. We've stayed in London a number of times but always at well known "chains of hotels", so she was looking for something different. Everything about this hotel is top rate (without the pretentiousness), the staff-nothing is too much trouble, the food, service, position, the quietness. As it was a special occasion, they automatically upgraded our room and even left a nice desert in our room for us to come back to on my birthday. In fact, i'm doing the London marathon shortly and have booked a room for a couple of nights.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G. M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that we made your 60th birthday celebration an occasion to remember and that we were able to upgrade you on this instance.

We look forward to welcoming you back during the London Marathon weekend.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My daughter and I just returned from a week's stay at this delightful hotel. I discovered it on TripAdvisor and was fortunate to discover an upgrade special on the hotel's website which gave us a junior suite for a great price. Our room, which looked out on the garden, was absolutely beautiful and a very nice size. It was very comfortable and soothing after our long days out exploring London.

I can't say enough about this hotel...the service was outstanding, truly five star. Everyone at the concierge desk was especially helpful and always friendly, never stuffy-as I have encountered in other hotels. Really the entire staff at the hotel went out of their way to make us comfortable which made our experience delightful. We loved the hotel's breakfast and we had several lovely meals in the Blue Door restaurant. Another highlight was their lovely high tea served in the solarium overlooking the garden. We also really enjoyed the location and that it was just a short stroll to the London Underground.

I have traveled extensively including ten different trips to London, and I have to say that Montague on the Gardens stands out as one of my all-time favorite hotels. I can say with certainty that it is the only place we will stay when we return to London.

Room Tip: If you can afford a junior suite overlooking the garden, you will be delighted with the spacious and...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RACLosAngeles
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very complementary feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found the service to be outstanding and that you especially enjoyed the meals in our restaurant and conservatory.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I went to visit my daughter who is studying in London for a semester & was looking for a nice hotel near her. I discovered the Montague from other excellent reviews written by guests who stayed there recently. Our family has done a great deal of traveling so I have stayed in many hotels. This was one of the best. The staff was extremely nice & provided exceptional service. I was traveling alone & the staff was very attentive to my comings & goings & always asking if I needed any help with any plans or sightseeing. I felt very safe & comfortable. The room was very clean & nicely decorated too. My husband & I are returning to visit our daughter again & I have already booked our room at The Montague. I would highly recommend The Montague.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very lovely feedback following your last stay at the Montague.

I was pleased to hear that you found the staff and the service that you received exceptional, which is a nice motivator for the team.

As we rely on word of mouth referral, I would like to thank you for recommending us to family and friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This was our second stay at the Montague on the Gardens and we once again were completely delighted with every aspect of our visit. The Hotel has a very warm, cozy atmosphere and the staff are an important part of that. Service, cleanliness, location, size & quality of the room, and value for money were all excellent. The breakfast is great also...we are vegetarians and they had a good selection of options for us. We generally try to get to London for a long weekend twice a year, and after two outstanding visits to the Montague, this will be our first choice for all future visits.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor in a king size room facing the rear garden and it was lovely. Quiet, l...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank E-J-Dublin
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your second stay with us at the Montague.

I was pleased to read that our service levels have remained consistently high since your last stay with us and that you enjoyed the hospitality that was provided to you.

I am delighted to hear that we will be your first choice for your future visits to London.