“Excellent location and service”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #10 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This elegant hotel is a quick walk through a lovely London park to the underground. It's location, which is around the corner fromt he British Museum makes it ideal as well. The concerige(all of them) was so helpful. They went out of their way to help with directions, obtain rail tickets and were as nice as could be. The room was a little small in terms of having somewhere to put our suitcases, but the decor, and cleanliness made up for it. If you want a great location and be pampered this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the garden as the view is lovely and they are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the service provided by our concierge team to be very helpful. I will certainly ensure that their service is duly recognised.

I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Write a ReviewReviews (4,354)

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed at this establishment for two night at the end of April 2012. I would like to thank the doormen, front office staff and breakfast team for the friendly and super efficient service. Congratulations on an excellent team and I look forward to my next stay with you!

The room was very well appointed and luxurious. Turn down was discreet with different gifts each night.

I did not have an opportunity to experience the restaurant or in room dining, but the menus seemed very enticing.

Overall- I will certainly return and had a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pepper_Club_PR

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments about the Montague on the Gardens and I would like to especially thank you for your praising feedback on our staff.

I am delighted to hear that you will be returning back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

If you really want to know what it must be like to be royalty then this is the nearest you will get. The staff sincerely want to make your stay as comfortable and as happy as possible even if it means going out into the pouring rain and standing on a corner to get you a cab. The small things also make a difference, whether it's the complimentary fruit delivered to your room or the chocolates left on your pillow. They really do think of everything. I have never left reviews for other hotels before but I had to on this occasion. Just go and see. The gardens were gorgeous as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with us.

It was an absolute delight to read your praising comments about the hospitality that we provide and that our staff went the extra mile to make your stay more comfortable.

I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We have just returned from an excellent 2 night stay in this delightful hotel. The staff were the friendliess and best I have I met in any London hotel I have ever stayed in as nothing was too much much trouble for them. The rooms, although a little small, were superbly decorated to a high standard, spotlessly clean; high quality bed linen; bath robes, slippers etc etc. along with an excellent breakfast made this a sure cert for a return stay on our next visit to London. The location was also just spot on for tube, trains, west end, shopping etc etc. As this break was for my wife's 60th birthday the staff presented a hand made box of biscuits, card, balloon and a plate with petite fours in our room which just made the personal touches round off the perfect weekend. Many thanks to the management and staff of this delightful boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are the quietest
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very complimentary feedback following your visit to the Hotel.

I was very happy to read that we made your wife's 60th birthday an occasion to remember and that you enjoyed the hospitality that we provide.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 1 May 2012

A charming place to stay. The hotel staff were excellent. We were one of many guests yet all staff (concierge, front desk, servers in the bar and restaurant, etc.) made a genuine effort to make us feel like they valued our business. We had been booked into a superior double with queen bed. There was a problem with the room so the Front Desk Manager offered to put us in a superior double room with twin beds on the ground floor overlooking the garden. We preferred the configuration of the twin bed room, which appeared larger and easier to manage than the queen bed room. It had a charming little terrace off the room where it would have been possible to sit and enjoy a drink except for the rain. The hotel is ideally located next to the British Museum, close to restaurants and a 10 minute to the Holborn tube station. We have lived and visited London many, many times. Now that we have discovered The Montague we intend to put it at the top of our list when planning our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Montague on the Gardens.

I was thrilled to read that you found the staff to be excellent and that you had a memorable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have recently returned from a 5 day stay at the Montague on the Gardens and would give it more than a "5" if I could. The staff are friendly and work very hard to make it a wonderful experience and respond to any request. This is not a hotel to go to if one wants to be anonymous, as they know your name and follow up on everything. The hotel has done a wonderful job of converting an old hotel with small rooms into double room with wonderful bathrooms, beds, duvets, and decorations. One thing that really struck me was the lack of noise. I never heard another toilet flush or someone in the hall and the street noise is non-existent due to special panes on the windows. The lounge is a wonderful place to sit and we were often too tired for a regular meal at night so instead got drinks and sandwiches in the lounge. The staff were wonderful about this, particularly Ayoung, who looked for us each night and was truly delightful. I am amazed at how hard working the staff are and how the management seems to never go home, working very long hours and being present for the guests. The location is also wonderful. I have stayed in London before and never think about access to the tube station, but this time we hit it perfectly. A short walk across Russell Square had us at the tube station and easy access to the city. I can't say enough good things about The Montague on the Gardens and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your very complimentary feedback following your stay with us.

At the Montague we strive to exceed our guest's expectations and create true hospitality each and every time, and it is a delight to read that these efforts are being appreciated.

Thank you for your nice comments about Ayoung and I will ensure that her service is duly recognised.

I am delighted to hear that you will be visiting us again in future.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I recently stayed at The Montague with my parents to celebrate my mums 60th birthday along with my own and we were certainly not disappointed. We booked 2 stunning junior suites on a special package which I was advised of when I made the reservation to include champagne and a late check out time. The little touches did not go un-noticed, such as the box of biscuits, petit fours, balloon and birthday card that arrived at our room with birthday wishes. The use of complimentary wifi was also excellent! Breakfast was also first class and we great enjoyed full continental and a full English breakfast on each morning of our 2 night stay. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the hotel, and my mum has stayed 3/4 times, so when we are in London as a family I would have no hesitation in staying again. It's great location also means you are just a walk away from the shopping area of Covent Garden, you are in the heart of theatre land and right next to the British Museum.
I would recommend this hotel as we were treated like 5 star guests, in what is a lovely boutique hotel. Nothing was too much trouble! As someone that works within the hospitality industry in a 5 star environment, it makes me feel proud to be part of it, when you can receive such good service and exceptional quality while staying away from home!
Keep up the good work The Montague!

Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very complimentary comments on your recent stay at the Montague.

It is an absolute delight reading your praising feedback about the hospitality and the exceptional service that we provided during your stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the little touches to celebrate your birthdays.

Thank you for personally recommending us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.