“Golden wedding presant”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We were treated by our sons to a one night stay at the Montague and theatre tickets. We were greeted at the door by a welcoming doorman, this set the standard for our stay. The bed was comfortable, the room pleasant, very clean, bathroom bit small but there again I am not exactly small. Breakfast was well cooked and appetising I can say that without exception all of the staff we encountered were polite, helpful and knowledgeable. They made a country bumpkin feel special. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 738AnnD
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback following your visit to the hotel.

Congratulations on your Golden wedding anniversary. I am so pleased that you chose to spend this special occasion at the Montague.

I was delighted that you enjoyed breakfast in the Blue Door Bistro and that you were happy with your room, especially the comfortable bed.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always lovely to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to surpass our guest’s expectations of service and it is always pleasing to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised.

I do hope and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have stayed here twice ion the last two years with a group. In both cass I found the staff to be first rate. They pay attention to you and your needs. The breakfast has a good variety of food and the hostess is friendly with a great sense of humor. My favorite place is the bar, where the bartenders are quick to check in with you and know just when to ckeckin. They remember what you like and bring it to you as you sit down. They made available a beer that one of our group asked for the first night. It turns out they went out and purchased the beer so that for the rest of the week it was available.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the second floor better than the ones on the first floor. I was on the last room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sarahandartemis

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your stay with us.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your stay one to remember.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed breakfast in the Blue Door Bistro and found the staff to be friendly and fun.

I was equally thrilled that you liked our bar. We like to ensure that our guests have everything they may want or need during their stay and so it pleases me to read that your friend was able to enjoy his favourite beer. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the staff.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed here with my Mother early April and had a great stay. The concierge (especially Jose) was really the shining star in our visit. He (they) assisted us in many matters, including purchasing football tickets that were sold-out! The rooms were nice and clean, a little small but nice enough. The lounge was also very nice. Great food and live piano music nightly. Overall, nice small boutique hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cara H

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to the Montague.

I was pleased to read that you had a great stay here with your mother earlier this month. I was especially delighted that you liked your room and were able to enjoy the lounge and bar with the live pianist.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am pleased that Jorge looked after you and assisted you throughout your time with us and got you tickets to the football. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to Jorge and that his service is duly recognised.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

This was our first trip to London and we chose this hotel because of it's central location and rave reviews. We were not disappointed. This is a charming hotel with a most pleasant and accommodating staff. It is across the street from the British Museum and walking distance to just about every major attraction. The hotel is clean and well kept with wondrous space to relax for afternoon tea or a pint.
But it is the staff who make this hotel special. They were all most pleasant to deal with on every matter. The concierge staff had ample advice to help plan our day and assist with tickets and reservations. Each of them were genuinely attentive and considerate of our needs without being intrusive or fawning. The service was simply brilliant.
We won't hesitate to stay at The Montague when we return to London.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mkaasen
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit to the Montague.

I was thrilled to read that your first trip to London was not disappointing. Your kind comments about the facilities are most appreciated and I am delighted that you found it a nice environment to relax in the afternoons.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always gratifying to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that our staff were pleasant and that our Concierge team were able to assist you with tickets and reservations during your time with us. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I chose this hotel for a private lunch recently to celebrate a special birthday. I took a group of friends to the Pompeii and Herculaneum exhibition and the location of the Montague for lunch afterwards was perfect.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything was ready as planned and we were able to have champagne in the lovely outdoor area before lunch. A very patient member of staff took lots of photos for us with genuine enthusiasm.
The food was delicious and beautifully presented, the wine was also very good and the whole event went off brilliantly.
I'm so glad I chose the Montague for a day I'll remember for the rest of my life - I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lucy3Guildford

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback following your visit to the Montague.

I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your special birthday lunch with us here. We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. Our staff like to make our guests feel comfortable and their stay memorable and so I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly acknowledged.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

This hotel is truly wonderful. Full of loads of charm and is perfectly located in central London. The staff and service are exceptional. My husband and I used to live in London and stayed here for a couple of nights as part of our honeymoon and we could not fault the place. We were made to feel like royalty. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in London.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their time with us is memorable and special. I am delighted to read that you chose to spend part of your honeymoon with us and I am thrilled that we were able to make you feel like royalty.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel over the Easter Holidays and found the whole experience superb. The room had every facility you could require, the staff were extremely helpful, the food awesome.
The Head Concierge Mustafa el-Omari looked after us throughout our stay and we will definately be using the Hotel next time we stay in London

Room Tip: Situated next to the British Museum
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay here at the Montague.

I was delighted that both you and your wife had a superb experience with us and found the room to be fully equipped with everything you may need during your visit.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such wonderful comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am pleased that Mustafa looked after you and assisted you throughout your time with us. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to Mustafa and the staff and that their service is duly recognised.