“Montague is a delight and so is Lucia Excellent !!!”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
rainworth
“Montague is a delight and so is Lucia Excellent !!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend in April 2013. From the minute we walked out of the taxi the door men met us and offered to help with our cases...... It just got better from thereon... we booked in and our cases were taken to our room. Tea and coffee was served whilst we waited. Even great description of the tea and how to infuse it was explained to us in detail, no rush and as if we were the only customer. Everyone in this hotel met you with a smile and a cheery greeting. We took afternoon tea and this was beautiful, tasty and served in the conservatory, we asked for more sandwichs .... guess what no problem... Our anniversary and my husbands’ birthday were fully acknowledged with small gifts, folded towel hearts on our bed and rose petals and floating candles left in our bath. We particularly want to mention Lucia where can we start? This lady is an asset to Red Carnation Hotels , friendly , remembered our names and so attentive to detail (bottle this girl yiou’ll never go wrong she is a diamond!!) Thank you so much for making our weekend special and without a doubt we will return again and again. Thank you Mr and Mrs Spencer

1 Thank MarkyboyRainworth
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us.

I was so pleased to read that you felt looked after whilst you were being checked in, here at the Montague we like to ensure our guests are happy and feel relaxed, so I am delighted that this was noticed. I’m equally delighted that you enjoyed Afternoon Tea in the conservatory and felt it was beautiful and tasty.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that Lucia looked after you so well during your stay with us and made a wonderful impression on you; I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to Lucia and that her service is duly recognised.

As much-valued guests I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made both your husband’s birthday and your anniversary occasions to remember.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We would like to thank the staff of The Montague on the Gardens, for making our overnight stay on 27th April 2013, an experience to remember.

From the moment we walked through the front door, each member of staff were polite, professional and attentive, and made us feel very - 'at home'. An especial thank you to Jorge (Concierge) for arranging transportation to the theatre and sharing his knowledge of the area and being prepared to assist with any needs.

The room although on the ground floor was peaceful and beautifully furnished and the food excellent and with budgets to meet all.

We shall certainly being returning to this establishmnet and would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a Classis Double Room - beautifully furnished and spacious, though bathroom was on the small...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we made your stay one to remember. We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am delighted that Jorge assited you during your stay with transportation and knowledge of the local area.

I’m delighted to read that you found the food in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro to be excellent.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

welling
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My friends and I went for afternoon tea as a treat for my friend's 40th birthday. It was lovely to say the least. The hotel was lovely, very chintzy and traditional. We sat in the conservatory which was very comfortable and welcoming. The food was lovely, traditional as with other hotels providing afternoon tea but there was no limit as to what you could eat. The sandwiches and scones kept being replenished and we even got offered a doggy bag. We stayed over 2 hours but the staff were not hovering over us to throw us out. Excellent value for money at £25.00 per head, we will definitely be going again as we go every year and try and different hotel each time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank amanda l
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit.

I was thrilled to read that your friend chose to celebrate their special 40th birthday afternoon tea with us. We like to ensure our guests are comfortable and fully satisfied so I am delighted you found the Conservatory to be comfortable and the tea fulfilling. Your kind feedback is most appreciated.

I hope your friend’s birthday was an occasion to remember and I would like to thank you for your recommendation.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel for afternoon tea or a stay with us in the near future.

hull
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My partner and I have just spent five wonderful nights at this little piece of paradise in Bloomsbury. Excellent service from a dedicated workforce that the Hotel should be proud of. Room and facilities first class, and an excellent location to visit some of London's major tourist attractions. Breakfast was plentiful, and nicely prepared.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments following your visit to the hotel.

We are indeed very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such lovely comments as yours. I shall ensure that your kind praise is passed on.

I’m delighted that you found the Montague to be a little piece of paradise and the room and facilities to be first class, your feedback is most appreciated. I am equally pleased that you enjoyed breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The Montague on the Gardens is a luxury hotel, located in the Bloomsbury Section of London
It is part of a chain called Red Carnation hotels. The hotel is quiet and the staff endeavors to make guests feel at home. Its central location allows convenient access to British Museum and Theatre District. It is near many London attractions such as Parliament, Tower of London, the Eye, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and it is convenient to the tube. At the concierge desk, the staff will answer tourist questions, give suggestions on restaurants and arrange taxi cabs. Each night the staff turned down beds at night and left candy and cookies.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback following your stay with us.

We like to make our guests feel at home and so I am delighted that this effort was noticed. It pleases me to read that you felt comfortable and found the staff, especially our Concierge to be particularly helpful with regards to questions, recommendations and arranging transport.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel or one of our sister Red Carnation hotels in the near future.

england
Reviewed 28 April 2013

From the minute you walk through the front door you are made to feel totally 'at home'. The courteous staff are so helpful, friendly and can't do enough for you - the bedrooms are beautifully designed with every last detail thought of, including stationary aids, i.e. cellotape, elastic bands, etc., etc. The breakfast was truly memorable, Private dining (family birthday party) was exceptional, from the quality of the food, to the presentation and cooking.........nothing failed.Location for Covent Garden and the museums perfect, just a walk away.........A definite MUST if you want to stay in central London.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the gardens are quiet and very bright.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hollander22
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your recent visit.

Here at the Montague, our staff like to create that comfortable and welcoming home from home feeling and so I was delighted to read that this was noticed. We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am pleased that the staff were helpful and friendly.

I am thrilled to read that you found the breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro to be truly memorable and that the private dining you experienced for a family birthday was exceptional. We like to make every occasion special and so I am delighted you found everything to be perfect. I will pass on your kind praise and thanks to all the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Lyon, Rhone-Alpes, France
Reviewed 26 April 2013

fifteen minutes to come from St Pancrace station to Montague hotel it was the first positive point and not the last!
as soon as we went inside the hotel we were efficiently and friendly checked in by the reception staff and we succumbed to the charm of english style. The bar with its scottish walls and confortable lounge chairs where we drunk some delicious coktails and beer.
Our room was not very big but the bathroom spacious with well chosen cosmetic product
The location allowed us to visit many things just by walking or bus or subway.
I stop here my review because I want to keep many other congratulations for my next stay in London in Montague hotel of course

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our English style and the cocktails and beers we have to offer in our Terrace Bar.

We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am thrilled that our Reception team checked you in efficiently.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.