“beautiful”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. My Husband and I have stayed here about 12 times over the 13 years weve been married and it never fails to please us.we have mostly stayed in the delux double rooms but, last time we arrived, we were upgraded to a Junior suite which was a beautifully decorated split level apartment type room.
The staff are the most helpful people you will meet in the industry.They always go the extra mile to help.
It is a clean and comfortable place to be and very close to Oxford Street for a bit of shopping. We only live an hour or so away but we come here for an Anniversary treat etc.we tried another Hotel once. Never again!

Room Tip: Junior rooms are huge. Rooms overlooking the 'Gardens' have a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrissie b
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments following your stay with us.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important and most appreciated and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your special occasion one to remember.

Our staff like to make sure that our guests have a most memorable stay with us so that they have everything they need, and going the extra mile to guarantee that their time with us is perfect.

It pleases me to read that the Montague is your first choice for London and I hope to welcome you back to the Montague again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Montague on The Gardens

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. Jorge in particular always had a smile, and looked after us very well. Nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel is perfect for visiting the British museum, Coventry garden and soho. Also just a short walk to Oxford Street. All in all a fantastic location, and lovely boutique style hotel. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanne R

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review regarding your recent visit.

I was pleased to read you found our staff to be helpful friendly and accommodating, especially Jorge. I was delighted that he was always smiling and looked after you during your time with us. We are very proud of our staff and your kind feedback provides great motivation for them.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Found by chance as I needed to be close to the British Museum for the Pompeii exhibition. Perfect as it was a stones throw away.
On arrival showed around the hotel, restaurant, bar , BBQ!
Comfortable bedroom, spotless clean. Theatre land and Coventry Garden less than 15 mins walk.

Definitely will go back.

3  Thank darcyStaffordshire

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about your recent stay with us.

It pleases me to read that our staff showed you around, we like to ensure that our guests feel welcome and at home so that they feel comfortable going to any part of the hotel.

I was equally delighted that you found your room to be comfortable and spotlessly clean.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

From the moment my daughter and I entered the Montague on the Gardens, I knew that I had chosen a special hotel. We were greeted by the staff as if they had been waiting just for us to arrive! We immediately felt welcome. I had been e mailing with Jorge, a wonderful concierge at the hotel, and upon our arrival he showed us around the hotel and to our room. He helped arrange our theater tickets and more, and was amazingly helpful, patient and kind. We stayed in a standard room and it was a bit small, but very clean and rather charming. The beds and bedding were very comfortable. Breakfast was very enjoyable and there was a nice selection. For me the two things that stand out about the hotel are the neighborhood (lovely, quiet street, but within walking distance to many sights and near a few tube stations) and the staff. I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel where the entire staff has been so friendly and attentive. I will definitely stay at the Montague the next time I visit London.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ilttravel

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review following your recent stay at the Montague.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I’m thrilled that you felt the staff were friendly and attentive and I am especially pleased that Jorge was able to assist you before and during your stay with making arrangements for your time in London. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to Jorge and the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro and that you thought the selection was nice.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband booked this hotel for a weekend break. We wanted somewhere central so that we could avoid the tube- this was perfect just 15-20 mins walk from Euston and about the same to the West end theatre land.
The entrance to the hotel is lovely and the desk staff are very welcoming and really helpful. We had tea on arrival in the conservatory overlooking the garden which is lovely for central London. Our room was excellent in every way- comfort and luxury. Breakfast was very good with the waiting staff looking happy and eager to please in a beautiful dining room. We would definitely come here again.

Room Tip: Book a few weeks in advance on line and get a small discount. Our room was overlooking the garden an...
2  Thank lubman
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review regarding your recent visit.

I was pleased to read you found our staff to be welcoming and really helpful. We are very proud of our staff and your kind feedback provides great motivation for them.

I was equally thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience afternoon tea in the conservatory and that you felt breakfast in the Blue Door Bistro was very good.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here for the last two nights of a 5 week trip through Italy and Ireland before returning home. We can't speak too highly of the quality of the hotel, the staff and their attention to detail. Upon arrival we were guided to our room by one of the concierge staff who showed us all the details of our room. Shortly after this we were phoned by the check in staff to ensure we were happy with our room (we were) particularly when we noticed the welcome gift from the General Manager to help us celebrate a significant wedding anniversary. At breakfast the next morning we were greeted by name. Every time we entered or exited we were acknowledged. When we were checking out there was a period of some hours before we were scheduled to be picked up. Again the concierge staff (Patrick) were only too happy to assist further. I can't speak to highly of all we dealt with. HIghly recommended

1  Thank gdnow
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

Thank you also for choosing to spend your special wedding anniversary with us at the Montague. It pleases me to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were happy with your room.

Our staff take genuine interest in our guests and we endeavour to ensure that they are comfortable in their room and feel at home, by getting to know them and using first names.

I was delighted to read that Patrik was able to assist you with regards to your checkout and pick up time. I will pass on your lovely comments and ensure that his service is duly noted.

Your kind recommendation is most appreciated; I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We have vacationed in London several times in recent years and this is the first time we have stayed at the Montague on the Gardens, but it won't be the last!

We had a clean and quiet room facing the garden, the staff was attentive, the food was superb, and the bed was comfortable with plush pillows and duvet. The hotel is an 8-minute walk away from Russell Square Subway Station which is on the same line as Heathrow. Bookstores and theatres are also only 10 to 20 minutes on foot. Free passes to Fitness First are available and this facility is just a short walk away.

All-in-all, when in London, The Montague-on-the-Gardens is a fabulous accommodation choice!

2  Thank liz029

Dear guest,

I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your first visit to the Montague and plan on visiting again.

It pleases me to read that you found your room to be comfortable and you enjoyed the free passes for Fitness First during your stay.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am so pleased that the team were attentive and that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro. I will be sure to pass these comments on to the team and will make certain their service is duly recognised.

I hope to welcome you back to the Montague in the near future.