“Another lovely stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
York, United Kingdom
“Another lovely stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I usually stay here in London. As an often single female its the perfect hotel. Not so big you feel lost and the staff are wonderful. This time stayed with my son. The only draw back is the rooms are on the small side and with two of us and single beds it was a bit snug and given the cost of two days stay it would have been good to have had more room. However the staff were great as always and the breakfast choices are excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review following your recent visit to the Montague.

I was thrilled to read that you think the Montague is the perfect hotel for a single traveller. We like to ensure that all of your guests whether they are travelling alone or with a group are comfortable and have everything they may need during their time with us. I am delighted that both you and your son had a pleasant stay.

I am also pleased we have once again met your expectations with regards to the staff and the breakfast.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (752)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We overnighted here, travelling with a small baby and on our Honeymoon, they went out of their way to make everything easy with baby and a very special stay at the same time. Everything is good about this place; the service is wonderful and friendly, the rooms are really nice (although small, but it is an old building), the decor has charm, the location is unbeatable (and secluded) and the breakfast is tasty. Ok its not cheap, but it is well worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

Congratulations on your recent wedding, we are honoured that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us at the Montague. We like to ensure that our guests have a special and memorable stay with us and so I am delighted that we met your expectations.

Your kind comments that the service was wonderful and friendly are most appreciated and I will be sure to pass these onto the team. I was equally thrilled that you felt the breakfast was tasty.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed here this year travelling on my own.
I found this hotel to be super friendly intimate and nothing too much trouble
It was easy to relax in the bar in a comfortable environment

Perfect location
Totally recommend it
I will use it again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time at the Montague. It pleases me to read that the staff assisted you with everything without anything being too much trouble.

I am thrilled that you were able to relax in the bar and found it to be a comfortable location.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife, son and daughter(8 years old) stayed at The Montague from 30 June 2013 to 5 July 2013. We had booked two rooms. We were warmly welcomed on our first day, and we experienced warmth and friendliness from staff for the entire duration of our stay. I want to especially thank staff for the attention that they paid to my little daughter. It further enhanced our experience of the hotel. The location of this hotel is excellent and we were able to walk to almost all of the attractions that we wanted to visit. The complimentary fruit, coffee, tea, muffins, etc is also a very thoughtful touch. We loved our stay at this hotel and it made our experience of London all the more enjoyable.

1 Thank Mahandra N
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

Our staff take genuine interest in our guests no matter what age to ensure that their time at the Montague is welcoming and memorable. I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be child-friendly and that this enhanced your experience with us.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

I am delighted that you found the amenities to be a thoughtful touch and that the location was ideal for you.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We specifically wanted to go to the British Museum and this hotel was perfectly located. Much to our surprise, we were overwhelmed by the wonderful experience we had staying here. We had made a reservation for afternoon tea, which was delicious, served by a very friendly and accommodating staff. Everything from check-in to check-out was perfect. There is a lovely bar where the bartender was more than willing to talk to us about what to do and see, the staff throughout the property was friendly, helpful, efficient, and professional. We will definitely return for a longer visit and have told many of our friends that this is the place to stay in London. I was also pleased at the price...when compared to other London hotels (especially in the summer) The Montague was fairly priced. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oceangirl2008
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit to the Montague.

I was thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am especially pleased that you found the Afternoon Tea to be delicious; my kitchen and restaurant teams will be delighted.

Your kind comments that the staff were friendly, accommodating, efficient and professional are most appreciated. The team take genuine interest in our guests and truly enjoy engaging in conversation with them. Your lovely feedback is a great motivator to the staff and I will be sure to pass these words on.

Thank you for your kind recommendation to friends that the Montague is ‘the place to stay’ when in London.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Louisville
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and, once again, the reviews were spot on. The hotel was very accommodating to my family of 6 and the friendliness of the staff could not have been better. With such an extremely friendly staff in the restaurant and bar, we hated to move on to our next destination. Rooms were spacious enough for my large family and had all the amenities we desired.

While making the reservation and securing all the details for transfers and other plans, one employee really stood out - Julie. She was the most responsive and helpful of all the places I booked for our 3 city European vacation. I highly recommend this hotel, especially to families.

Room Tip: Email or call because the website will not be able to book a couple of rooms if you have a big enoug...
2 Thank botank
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about your recent stay with us.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your stay with us and enjoyable experience.

We are really proud of our staff and it is always delightful to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that you found the bar and restaurant teams to be extremely friendly. And I am equally delighted that Julie really stood out for her help with your reservation. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Julie and the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

Thank you for your kind recommendation to others, we hope to welcome you back to the Montague soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

What a amazing experience! I had to organise a babyshower for my best friend and we had very little time left to do so. From the start to finish it was a smooth experience with staff being so understanding and helpful. It was almost unreal with the amount of detail they picked up on without me even asking or having to tell them. My friend had such an amazing shower and we were very reluctant to leave at the end of the event. Some special mention to Ben Seager, who came to personally meet me on the morning and who gave me access to the room early so that I can add the finishing touches. Arjeta, the assistant food and beverage manager, is definately a plus for the hotel as she was so enthusiastic and knowlagable. Thank you to The Montague - a great venue for a babyshower!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hettie S
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.

Our staff take pride in all they do at the Montague to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable visit whether they are in house or just visiting. I am absolutely delighted that you found the whole experience of the baby shower to be smooth and that our staff were understanding and helpful. We take a lot of time making sure that each event is perfect and that we have covered every area to make sure our guests have a memorable time.

Your kind comments that Ben and Arjeta were both able to assist you personally are most appreciated and I will be sure to pass them on.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Montague in the near future.