“Terrific!”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the Montague on the Gardens this past week for three nights. From arrival on the staff couldn't have been friendlier and more attentive. The room, albeit quite small was delightful and so quaint, yet had all the modern amenities we needed. I would definitely stay here again and would love to see the other rooms as I understand they are all different!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LAB8957
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit to the Montague.

I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and you were happy with the amenities provided in the room.

Your kind comments that the staff couldn’t have been friendlier or more attentive are wonderful to read as they provide great motivation for the team.

Each of our rooms are unique and so I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon to experience a different one.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We recently had a good sized group at the Montague on the Gardens hotel in London. As tour operators, the Montague is our first choice for hotel in London. As usual, the service was superb, from the sales department to the front desk to the catering staff.
The location can't be beat and staff is wonderful. Can't say enough good things about the Montague and we've been bringing groups to the hotel for over 12 years!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review following your visit to the hotel.

As regular and much valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations.

I am absolutely thrilled that the service was superb from all departments, I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the staff who will be most grateful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was at this hotel this summer for a business trip and everything was marvelous.
From the consierge that was extremly nice and willing to help to the superb rooms. The room was not too big but it was enough to accomodate me and it had really nice interior, it made me feel really welcomed.
Another thing is the fact that the hotel is really in the center of London and you can easily walk to the Oxford Street (if you are interested in shopping) or to the British Museum if you are more of an art person.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marta V

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent visit.

At the Montague we like to ensure that everyone has a comfortable stay with us whether they are travelling for business or leisure and I am delighted that that these efforts were noticed.

I was delighted to read that you found the Concierge to be extremely nice and willing to help. I am equally pleased that you felt welcome; I will be sure to pass this kind feedback on.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I spent a weekend in London and I stayed at this hotel from October 4-6, 2013. I chose this hotel solely based on Tripadvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room, although a little small for a King room, was very well appointed and very clean. breakfast was very good, and the location very close to major sights; including the British Museum which is just around the corner. I had a late dinner, a club sandwich, in the bar on Saturday night and it was delicious. My room (Room 20) faced the garden and was extremely quiet even with the window open. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there the next time I'm in London.

Room Tip: My room faced the garden and I recommend getting a garden-facing room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and was not disappointed. I am pleased that the staff were friendly and helpful.

At the Montague on the Gardens we pride ourselves in excellent customer service and quality of food, so I am thrilled that you found breakfast to be very good and that you were happy with your sandwich served in the bar.

I am equally happy that you had an undisturbed and quiet night.

Thank you for your kind recommendation. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at The Montague for a week long business visit and was very pleased. The location is great, as it was a short walk to my offices, but also a short walk to the underground, a quick cab to Camden, and across the street from the British Museum. Upon arriving I was greeted by name (and every time I returned from the office). My early arrival from the US meant my room was not immediately available. The staff set me up with a nice light breakfast and some tea while final preparations were made. I was in the room shortly and appreciated the personalized feel. As others have mentioned, the room sizes are a bit tight, but I do feel this is to be expected at a hotel of this age. I would recommend requesting rooms off the ground level however, as my garden view was not enjoyed in lieu of closed blinds and privacy.
The overall feel was one of excellent service and English hospitality. A classic feel with little use for trends or fads. When coming home exhausted from a long day settling into the lounge for a quick dinner and drink hit the spot perfectly. Be sure to try the breakfast, as it was definitely a great start to each day. While I may seek a more modern experience if traveling for pleasure, I have regular business in London and will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Give preference to rooms off the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank petezigs
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Montague and that the staff were able to assist you when your room was not quite ready. We like to ensure our guests are comfortable and so I am happy that you enjoyed breakfast whilst the finishing touches were being made to your room.

We like to offer our guests an area where they can relax after a long day of business or sight seeing and so I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy dinner in the lounge.

Your kind comment that service is excellent is most appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed recently on their Bloomsbury Weekend deal, two nights with afternoon tea, 6pm late checkout, champagnes and other goodies thrown in. First rate service, nothing was too much trouble, well appointed room, fine breakfast.

Two key features:

1. It's quiet - off a quiet side street from Russell square backing into to private gardens - so a nice peaceful nights sleep. Also, it's not a massive hotel, so none of the bustle of vast hotels, nice and intimate when sat in their compact gentlemens club style bar, complete with jazz singer and fine range of cigars and whiskies. The outdoor terrace and conservatories are ideal book reading territory.

2. The food - is very good, their in house restaurant is rated number one locally on trip advisor. More importantly they do a fab afternoon tea in their peaceful garden conservatory overlooking the rear gardens, recommended and surprisingly filling.

Room Tip: Get one looking over the gardens for a super quiet night. The split level rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dominatronix

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

I was thrilled to read that you had a pleasant ‘Bloomsbury Weekend’ with us.

I was delighted that you had the opportunity to spend time in our Terrace Bar, Cigar Terrace and Conservatory. Your kind words that these public areas are nice and intimate are most appreciated. I am equally pleased that you enjoyed a peaceful night’s sleep.

Your positive feedback that the Blue Door Restaurant is very good and our afternoon tea is ‘fab’ is a great motivator for the team, I will be sure to pass this on to the Kitchen and Restaurant staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This well situated hotel has a great disign and the service is amazing. The staff is very helpfull and polite. Rooms are well design and all different with lot of Charm.
A true Victorian heritage! You are almost walking disctance from the King's cross train station and the metro stop next to the hotel (Russel Square) is well situated

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent stay with us.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind feedback as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always wonderful to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that you felt the staff were helpful, polite and that the service was amazing. I shall ensure that all of your kind words and praise are passed on to the team.

Your kind comments that the rooms are well designed are also most appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back to the Montague soon.