“Excellent!”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My family and I stayed at the Montague in August of 2013. The staff was very friendly and always made conversation. The food in the restaurant is great. Breakfast was also very good. There are several nice inside and outside spaces where you can relax with a drink or a book. It's on a quiet street so it is very nice to be outside. Our room was lovely. Russel Square is a nice park very close by with a cafe and Russell Square tube station is a 10 minute walk. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

Our staff like to make our guests feel comfortable and at home and so I am thrilled that you found them to be very friendly.

Your kind comments that the food including breakfast served in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro was great. I will be sure to pass your lovely words to the team who will be most pleased.

I am pleased that you had the opportunity to relax in both our indoor and outdoor public areas.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Montague in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Montague on The Gardens

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The service was outstanding, the food was excellent, the staff was most friendly and went out of their way to assist us with our needs ~ small and large. Our room in the back was quiet and had a beautiful view. We can't say enough about this wonderful place!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank higbee35

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent visit.

I am delighted to learn that you found the Montague to be a wonderful place and that you were happy with your room, including the view of the private gardens.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that they were friendly and assisted you during your time with us. I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the team.

I am equally thrilled that you found the food served in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro to be excellent.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have stayed at the Montague Hotel on three occasions for business purposes. The hotel is only a 4 minute walk from my office and that's why I chose the Montague originally. The reason I keep returning is that I love the ambience of this hotel, the attentiveness and natural warmth of the staff, and most importantly to me, the standard of cleanliness in each of the three rooms I have stayed in. The restaurant is lovely and I look forward to hearty breakfasts each time! I was lucky enough to have a room overlooking gardens and what impressed me was the quietness of each room, the attention to detail in both the decor and the guest accessories. Whilst the hotel is in Central London, it does not feel like it, you feel as though you are in a quiet oasis away from the general madness! I would most certainly stay again for business trips and would not hesitate to also stay for leisure.

Room Tip: Third floor at the back. If you like feminine rooms (as I do), I would recommend Room 303 (especial...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

As a returning guest, your comments are extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore thrilled that we have met your expectations, and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

I am grateful for your lovely feedback that the ambience, attentiveness and warmth of the staff are the reason for your return. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

I am equally delighted that you enjoyed our restaurant; The Blue Door Bistro and that you looked forward to the breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon for business or leisure!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I arrived in London on September 3rd. Took the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then the #7 bus to Montague Street. The bus left me off right across the street from the hotel. Very convenient! I was able to check in early to room #302 on the 3rd floor. My room faced the street, but I was never bothered by any street noise during my stay. My room had beatiful fabric wall covering, like nothing I'd ever seen before. The bathroom was quite nice. My room was equipped with a hairdryer, iron, ironing board and a safe. The hotel staff were wonderful, very helpful with directions or ideas of what I could do. Full breakfast was included with my room rate, no complaints whatsoever. It was delicious and had almost anything you could think of. I picked this location because of the proximity to The British Museum. I was within walkng distance of the Tottenham Court Road or Holborn tube stations. Plenty of restaurants to choose from along Kingsway, a short walk.

Went to Sir John Soane's Museum (stuffed to the brim with interesting things), got a meringue from Bea's of Bloomsbury (excellent!) and of course, spent hours at the British Museum.

I'd definintely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank scuba62

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at the Montague and you liked the decor in your room. I am equally pleased that you were happy with all the amenities provided including the hairdryer, iron and safe and that you experienced a peaceful night.

I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback that the staff were wonderful, helpful and assisted you with ideas of what to do. Your comments will be most appreciated.

I am thrilled that you were happy with the breakfast, finding it to be delicious and of a good variety.

Thank you for your positive recommendation, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here on business and it was good for a functional, clean and quiet place to lay my head. Decently priced but small rooms, even by european standards. Only stayed one night - overall comfortable, average service and amenities, friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this may have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique.

However I am pleased to read that you found the room allocated to be comfortable and a quiet place. Your kind feedback that the staff were friendly is most appreciated.

I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the Montague on the Gardens this past week for three nights. From arrival on the staff couldn't have been friendlier and more attentive. The room, albeit quite small was delightful and so quaint, yet had all the modern amenities we needed. I would definitely stay here again and would love to see the other rooms as I understand they are all different!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LAB8957

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit to the Montague.

I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and you were happy with the amenities provided in the room.

Your kind comments that the staff couldn’t have been friendlier or more attentive are wonderful to read as they provide great motivation for the team.

Each of our rooms are unique and so I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon to experience a different one.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We recently had a good sized group at the Montague on the Gardens hotel in London. As tour operators, the Montague is our first choice for hotel in London. As usual, the service was superb, from the sales department to the front desk to the catering staff.
The location can't be beat and staff is wonderful. Can't say enough good things about the Montague and we've been bringing groups to the hotel for over 12 years!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review following your visit to the hotel.

As regular and much valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations.

I am absolutely thrilled that the service was superb from all departments, I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the staff who will be most grateful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.