“AMAZING”

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Montague on the gardens was the perfect place for us to stay while we were in London! It was in walking distance of all tourist attractions. After flying all the way from Australia, the comfortable and quiet rooms were seen to us as a blessing! We couldn't hear any noise in the early hours of the morning and in the late hours at night, or at any time for that matter. The selection of continental and full buffet breakfasts was great as well! But the one thing I will always remember about my stay at the Montague on the Gardens is the outstanding service we received. Whether we wanted to purchase tickets for the London Eye, in order to skip the long queue in the cold weather, or recommendations on the best places to eat, the staff were always able to help us out and we so friendly. When we come back to London, I will most definitely be staying at the Montague, and would recommend it to all who want a friendly, clean, value for money, comfortable and helpful stay in London. This is the hotel is one of the reasons I loved my stay so much.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback following your recent visit.

I am pleased that you enjoyed a comfortable and peaceful time with us at the Montague.

We are very proud of our staff and so it is always wonderful to receive such kind feedback as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. Our staff like to ensure our guests have anything they may need or want. I am delighted that they assisted you with purchasing tickets and making recommendations. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly noted.

I am thrilled that you found breakfast in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro to be great.

Thank you for your lovely words that the Montague was the perfect place to stay in whilst in London. Your kind recommendation is equally appreciated; I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Chevy Chase Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Reservations: easily made over the internet.
Check-in: gracious fast and friendly.
Room: unusual layout with bedroom area down a flight of steps from bathroom and a few steps down from desk and closet. Bathroom was large with an amazing shower. Superb bath products. Comfy bed with excellent linens. Towels were fantastic too. Spotlessly clean. Elegantly decorated. Almost perfectly quiet. Great place to sleep and relax.
Internet: the only fly in the ointment. Very spotty reception in the bed area of the room, making it difficult to work.
Restaurant: expensive but not overly so for downtown London. Top notch food. Superb breakfast offerings.
Location: across the street from the British Museum, easy walking distance from the restaurants and shops of FitzRoy and Covent Garden. A few blocks to the Tube.
Check-out: fast efficient and friendly.

Additional Notes: lobby doormen and concierge were fabulously helpful and kind. Also, the hotel has apples and nice nightime sweet treats gratis. In addition, there is free tea and coffee, fruit, and muffins in the lobby if you don't feel like springing for a full breakfast. There is an elegant bar off the lobby for a glass of wine or a night cap.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel are good rooms. Don't even give it a second thought.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit.

I would like to apologise for the issues you had with the free Wi-Fi service that we offer, I have passed your feedback to the IT department and have asked them to look into this situation.

However, I am thrilled to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you had no issues with your online booking and that both the check in and out check procedures were fast, efficient and friendly.

I am delighted that you were happy with the room allocated to you and that you had a peaceful and comfortable night’s sleep. I am pleased that you enjoyed the towels and bath products.

Your kind comments that the food including breakfast served in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro is top notch and superb. I will pass this positive feedback to the Kitchen team and ensure that their service is duly rewarded.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel soon.

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

a lovely small hotel in london, warm and friendly with great rooms. they went the extra mile for us on our honeymoon: fresh rose petals, complimentary chocolates and a card from all the staff. easy to get a taxi to st pancreas from here.

1 Thank sjr38
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

Congratulations on your recent wedding, I am delighted that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us here at the Montague. I am thrilled that we made this special occasion one to remember.

Your kind words that the staff were warm and friendly are most appreciated; I will be sure to pass these on to the team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our overall experience with The Montague on the Gardens was excellent. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. They knew our names and always greeted us in a friendly manner. Jorge in particular was beyond belief. We would have been lost without him. He provided maps, directions and travel options. The tube is a great way to get around and quite affordable. Jorge also helped us in deciding our options on weather to rent a car and drive ourselves to Southampton for a concert or hire a private car and driver to take us, wait for us during the show and drive us back to the hotel. Although the private car and driver was more expensive, we were grateful that Jorge arranged this service for us. I don't believe we would have enjoyed ourselves as much without his help. We were celebrating a birthday and upon arrival in our room was a decorated plate with Happy Birthday in chocolate, cookies and candies and a balloon to make everything more special.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice and decorated with style. Upgrade to a larger room if possible. We were happ...
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

I was thrilled to read that you chose to celebrate a birthday with us and that you had an excellent stay at the Montague.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always wonderful to receive such positive comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to surpass our guest’s expectations of service so it is always fulfilling to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that Jorge assisted you during your time with us with regards to arranging a car, maps and directions. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments are passed on to Jorge and that his service is duly noted.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Dorset england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I study Trip Advisor before I book anything and did so again when I booked to stay here. Located conveniently close to Russel Square, The Montague sounded perfect as I wanted to feel special and spoilt too on my big day. I was not disappointed. The warmth of the welcome is only the beginning of a time where you can trust this hotel to treat you extremely well. The rooms are richly furnished and comfortable but it is the standard of service that marks this place out. They aim to please and believe the odd surprise treat is perfectly acceptable too. I was very surprised by how spoilt I was and would like to thank them all for making my stay so memorable. Im not going to tell you what happened but it was so appreciated by myself and my partner. I recommend you go there and find out the treats this hotel holds.... all this and a breakfast which deserves its own 5 stars too. Best regards and thanks to all Caroline and Sarah

Room Tip: Ask for the garden view at the back..
Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent stay with us.

As much-valued guests, your comments are extremely significant to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your special visit to the Montague an occasion to remember.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests’ stay with us is memorable. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that you were made to feel welcome throughout your time at the hotel.

Your kind recommendation is most appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to the Montague soon.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My family and I stayed at the Montague in August of 2013. The staff was very friendly and always made conversation. The food in the restaurant is great. Breakfast was also very good. There are several nice inside and outside spaces where you can relax with a drink or a book. It's on a quiet street so it is very nice to be outside. Our room was lovely. Russel Square is a nice park very close by with a cafe and Russell Square tube station is a 10 minute walk. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

Our staff like to make our guests feel comfortable and at home and so I am thrilled that you found them to be very friendly.

Your kind comments that the food including breakfast served in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro was great. I will be sure to pass your lovely words to the team who will be most pleased.

I am pleased that you had the opportunity to relax in both our indoor and outdoor public areas.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Montague in the near future.

Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The service was outstanding, the food was excellent, the staff was most friendly and went out of their way to assist us with our needs ~ small and large. Our room in the back was quiet and had a beautiful view. We can't say enough about this wonderful place!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank higbee35
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent visit.

I am delighted to learn that you found the Montague to be a wonderful place and that you were happy with your room, including the view of the private gardens.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that they were friendly and assisted you during your time with us. I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the team.

I am equally thrilled that you found the food served in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro to be excellent.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.