“Can't wait to return”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Can't sing this hotel's praises enough. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful. The service we received was second to none. The little touches that were made during our stay were very much appreciated. The attention to even the smallest detail was unbelievable. Thankyou for a very memorable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely review about your recent visit to the Montague.

We like to ensure that all our guests have the most comfortable and memorable time and so I am delighted that we have met your expectations and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

I am thrilled that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass this kind feedback on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for The Montague on The Gardens

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We enjoyed a luxurious, relaxing, pampered 5 night stay. We were so pleased with the location, decor, service and the knowledgeable staff recommendations on restaurants and logistics. There was nothing lacking, nothing we could have asked for that would have been better. It's a charming, smaller hotel. The rooms are beautifully appointed and regal. The street is not noisy to begin with, but our room faced a back side, and we slept in complete quiet, which says a lot in a bustling city like London. We enjoyed an afternoon tea one day (included in our hotel package) and had a nightcap in the charming, comfortable bar several times. The service was consistently gracious and attentive. We chose not to have breakfast in the hotel because we like to be on our way in the morning, but the hotel staff provided three excellent recommendations, each within a couple of blocks, depending on which way were were headed (and significantly less expensive than the hotel's breakfast). We appreciated having a coffee maker in the room (tea is also available, of course). The Montague is located within easy walking distance from two different Tube stations. We didn't know it at the time, but we could have quite easily taken the Tube from Heathrow, and walked a few blocks to the hotel. We'll do that on our next trip because we will definitely stay here in the future. Our experience was simply stated -- wonderful! I would have no reason to stay anywhere else in London.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review following your visit to the Montague.

I am delighted that you experienced a luxurious and pampered stay with us and an undisturbed night’s sleep.

I am equally thrilled that you also had the opportunity to enjoy Afternoon Tea with us and a night cap in our Bar.

We like to ensure that our guests have everything they may need during their time with us, so I am pleased you were happy with the amenities in the room including the coffee facilities.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always satisfying to receive such kind comments as yours. We always endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that they made suitable dining recommendations for you. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly noted.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

It was a truly wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms just as described. We ate several evenings in the Bistro and were delighted.
The feeling is a bit like watching an Agatha Christie film on BBC.
I could even recommend it for women travelling alone.
We will come back.

Room Tip: Rooms are on the smaller side (but this is London). Book rooms on the garden side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I was thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed your meals in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro. Your kind feedback is most appreciated; and I will be delighted to share this with our Kitchen team.

We like to ensure that all our guests are comfortable and have everything they need when they stay with us including solo travellers. Thank you for your kind recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have been in such hotel for two weeks last week of October and first week of November 2013
The only negative thing is that the rooms are not very large (quite small) but despite the fully booking period the direction changed my room with a largest one (this once again shows their total attention to the client)
Rooms (despite measures) are very comfortable very well equipped and the kindness of the whole personnel is more than perfect (I wish to thank you in particular one lady – Naples origins , her husband, and all staf of reception – sorry but I cannot remember her name and I apologize for this since she has been very very nice towards me and all the hotel personnel made me feel at home)
The hotel is very well located and most London attractions can be easily reached on foot (see Covent garden)
I deeply suggest such Hotel to anyone visiting London
Thanks for everything

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit.

I was very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique. However, I am delighted that you were offered a more suitable room.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests are comfortable and have a memorable experience. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Adele, Jorge and the team and that their service is duly noted.

Your kind recommendation is very much appreciated. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and we were delighted with the experience again.Other reviewers have made the advantages of the geographical situation obvious and I can only endorse this.Everything is first class and the food,furnishings,linens etc,are top quality.What we especially appreciated were the "little touches" e.g. a bookmark slipped into a reading book,heating turned up to give us a warm welcome after a night out and phone calls to make sure all was o.k. with the room.I cannot speak highly enough of the staff who are pleasant and friendly and prepared to go "the extra mile" to oblige.I jist didn't want to leave to return home!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive review regarding your recent visit.

As returning and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your second stay an occasion to remember.

Your kind words that everything including the food, furnishing and linen are ‘first class’ are most appreciated. I am equally pleased that you liked the small gestures our staff did to ensure your stay was comfortable and memorable. I am thrilled that they were pleasant, friendly and were happy to go the extra mile for you. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our work worthwhile.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

A beautiful hotel in a superb location. Rooms were standard size for London. Great bar area, breakfasts were fantastic. Stayed for 3 nights for a graduation. The hotel picked up on this and sent a balloon, a card signed by all the staff and a plate of treats to the room to join in on the celebrations. Amazing touch! Only down side was a v.small gym room with 3 CV machines in. Otherwise, had a great stay and would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the gardens!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent visit.

I have noted your comments with regards to the gym equipment and I would like to apologise for the disappointment this would have caused to you. Unfortunately due to a lack of available space, we are limited with the amount of equipment we can provide in our fitness suite however our Concierge would be more than happy to assist you with recommendations for a local gym on your next visit.

I am pleased that this did not detract too much from your stay and we have met your expectations, making your special graduation trip an occasion to remember.

Your kind comment that the breakfast was fantastic is most appreciated and I will share this with the Kitchen and Restaurant staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your first anniversary!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Super clean and lovely, great location mid way between two central tube stations. The nightly treats left on the bed at turndown and the fluffy towels and crisp linens were a treat. Very very nice, not inexpensive but nothing in London is.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at the Montague. We like to ensure that our guests have a comfortable and memorable stay and you found the hotel to be ‘super clean and lovely’. I am equally pleased that you were happy with the amenities including the fluffy towels and crisp linens.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.