The Montague on The Gardens
US$187
Agoda.com
US$203
4,485 results
All reviewsbritish museumblue door bistroafternoon tealeopard barrussell squarered carnationcharming hotelquiet streetbirthday cardcovent gardenthe general managerconcierge staffturn down servicelittle toucheswest endjunior suiterooms are small
Reviewed 21 November 2013

yet again another great visit to the montague :) they must be doing something right as this was our 5th return, or it could just be the warm welcome you get from Jorge :). Everyone at the montague makes you feel welcome and cannot do enough to help make your stay a brilliant one.

Room Tip: Room tip: the standard double rooms can be a little bit on the small side, so if you like space then try to upgrade your room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rusties
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent visit.

As returning and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to develop the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your 5th stay with us one to remember.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that Jorge is always there to give a warm welcome; we like to do all that we can to provide our guests with a brilliant and memorable stay. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to him and that his service is duly rewarded.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed here and in other hotels of this Group - Carnation Hotels - many times and I have to say that I remain impressed. Nothing is cheap in central London but at least here you feel that they want your business and that the price is fair. The concierge and reception are excellent. Housekeeping is impressive. I stayed for four days and was working quite a lot in the room. The room was always cleaned while I was at breakfast. It was checked by a housekeeper mid-morning, there was a good turn-down and service early evening and then it was checked again by a housekeeper after that...not bad?

Breakfast service is very welcoming. All breakfast is included for everyone inc. individually cooked dishes. Lunch and Dinner are OK. Service is nice but choice a little limited and wines are somewhat over-priced for what they are.

The rooms vary of course depending on price but all are very comfortable.

Over-all I continue to be impressed with the level of training and obvious good management in these hotels. Congratulations - no wonder I sometimes can't get a room!

Room Tip: Rooms onto the gardens at the back are super quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely review about your recent visit to the Montague.

As regular and much-valued guests of Red Carnation Hotels, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore thrilled that we have once again met your expectations, and made your return visit an occasion to remember.

Your comments regarding our staff are wonderful to read, we invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received outstanding service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our work worthwhile.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals in The Blue Door Bistro. Our menus are sustainable and are changed seasonally. However, I shall certainly pass your feedback on to my Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef in order that they may review the menu.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband I spent 3 days at the Montague and can endorse the views of others. The rooms, although small, were sumptuous with rich fabrics, wall coverings and a lovely bathroom. The location is excellent with close proximity to two stations on the Piccadilly line and easy access to Heathrow. We had a relaxing and delicious lunch in the main restaurant -- try the sole--and two casual meals in the bar and greenhouse rooms. Possibly the best BLT we have ever had! The English breakfast was good with the only knock being that it was served buffet style. As others have mentioned the service was friendly, attentive and helpful. We appreciated the hotel's generosity in allowing a late check out the day of our departure. This is our new London favourite and, although London hotel prices are high, this felt like good value.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank borntotravel56

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your visit to the Montague.

I am delighted you and your husband had a pleasant stay with us and found the decor of the room to be sumptuous and the bathroom to be lovely.

I have noted your feedback regarding our breakfast service. Unfortunately, for operational reasons, logistically we are unable to serve breakfast directly from our Kitchens. However I am thrilled that you enjoyed your lunch in the Blue Door Bistro and your meals in the Conservatories. I will be sure to pass your feedback about the Dover Sole and BLT to our Chef who will be most appreciative.

Thank you also for your kind comments about the staff, I am happy that they were friendly, attentive and helpful during your time at the hotel. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always gratifying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Having spent time in many of the greatest and most expensive hotels in the world, while in London, we keep coming back to the Montague. Frankly it just like coming back to a great friends home. Staff greet you with a harming smile, they cannot do enough, its not a large hotel, it does bat's well above its weight, I stay and visit there lots, please try it, its truly a great little gem but, please leave room for me and my friends.

The bar staff and concierge service is unsurpassed,the afternoon tea, well loosen you belt and enjoy

Room Tip: ask for some of the ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive review following your recent visit.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your return visit an occasion to remember.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests are comfortable and feel at home when they stay at the Montague and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. Thank you also for your kind comments about our Afternoon Tea in The Blue Door Bistro, it is most appreciated. I shall ensure that all of your kind words and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

What a cozy find in London. Our family booked junior suites and we were upgraded on check-in. Our rooms were not quite ready so the staff encouraged us to adjourn to the sitting area near the reception where we were served complimentary tea and pastries while we waited. . The concierge Jorge was beyond nurturing and found several excellent restaurants for us. The staff could not have been nicer. Free canapes in our room each night and a delightful bar area was the icing on the cake. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank barbara s

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the Montague and that you found the Terrace Bar to be the ‘icing on the cake’.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests are comfortable and have a memorable experience. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that Jorge assisted you during your stay with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Jorge and the team and that their service is duly noted.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.