“Superb hotel”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #10 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went to this Hotel early November and I must say this was FANTASTIC , the moment I pulled up outside the doorman was straight out to collect the case and even asked if I wanted my car parking in the underground car park around the corner , the decor in the hotel is very tasteful ,our room I would think would be the same as the others with fabric wallpaper everywhere , very chic .

The room was very quite and it had all the home comforts you would welcome , this is just a short walk from the theatres and we will defiantly add this place to our list of hotels we return to .

Room Tip: I believe ALL the rooms are as good as each other as the Hotel is class .
1  Thank Fmc1963
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that it was ‘FANTASTIC’.

We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and to make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. I am thrilled that they assisted you during your time at the hotel. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

Your kind comments about the decor is most appreciated, each room does indeed have fabric wallpaper but in a different design.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Dirk Crokaert

Write a ReviewReviews (4,331)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at the Montague at the end of October and I'm remiss to just be posting this review. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. First of all, it's just the right size -- big enough so you don't feel self conscious, yet small enough that you really do get personalized service without it being over bearing. The people at the front desk are friendly and helpful, but the restaurant staff take the cake. They were so warm and welcoming, remembering one's name and going out of their way to make one comfortable. And I wish I knew the name of the hostess who served us our tea because she is truly a treasure. And last but certainly not least, the rooms division surprised us on our anniversary by adorning our room with rose petals, hearts and candles. I will never forget it. As is evident, I highly recommend the Montague.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimmy1048

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your visit to the hotel.

We are honoured that you chose to spend your wedding anniversary here with us at the Montague and that this special occasion was made memorable by our staff.

We are very proud of the team and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that the front desk and restaurant staff were warm and welcoming and made you feel comfortable. They really do like to make our guests feel at home when they stay. I shall ensure that all of your kind feedback and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was our 3rd trip to the Montague, our first booking was made having read trip-advisor reviews. The high rating is with good reason, you are made to feel special from the moment you enter the hotel. The staff are welcoming and helpful without being overbearing and the surroundings are sumptuous throughout. The breakfast is great, loads of choice for vegetarians which was a welcome bonus. We have recommended this hotel to family, friends & neighbours and all have experienced the same high quality. Best value for money hotel in London.

Room Tip: Don't expect a huge room but do expect quality and cleanliness

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review following your recent visit to the Montague.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your return stay an occasion to remember.
Your lovely words about how the staff were friendly and helpful are a great motivator to the team. They work hard to ensure that our guests have a great stay from the moment they arrive until they leave.

I am thrilled that you liked the breakfast served in The Blue Door Bistro and that you were happy about the vegetarian options provided.

We are extremely grateful of your kind recommendation to friends, family and neighbours. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Such a wonderful place. It's like stepping into a warm, welcoming scrumptious mansion. The attentive staff set the tone. Everyone bent over backward to be helpful. Even when I went outside in the rain to get a photo, the doorman, Patrick, asked if I wanted a doorman in the photo and when I said "yes", he stepped outside, put on his top hat and made my photo "picture perfect". Our room was lovely, the breakfast very well done, and dinner was one of the best meals we had in our whole trip. We'll be back!! So glad we discovered the Montague.

1  Thank sandtray

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at the Montague and found it to be a wonderful place.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests have everything they may need to make their stay perfect and they like to create a memorable experience. I am so pleased that Patrik was happy to assist you with your photo and make it “picture perfect”.

Your kind feedback that your dinner in The Blue Door Bistro was one of the best meals you had experienced during your whole trip are most appreciated! I will be thrilled to share this with the kitchen team who will be most grateful.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

First visit to this hotel yesterday 21/11/13, I will be going back !!
Pulled up outside and was instantly greeted by the doorman, the luggage was unloaded and the valet whipped the car away to secure parking.
Where ever you go in this hotel there is eager staff willing to help with anything and everything!
The style and décor of the hotel is fabulous, the room was beautiful, the heating easily controlled, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud,the shower was a hot monsoon!
The cigar lounge is perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine or coffee and of course a Cuban cigar.
The food was as to be expected, delicious. The breakfast was vast and again, delicious!
You will NOT be disappointed with this hotel.
Kind regards
Jim Simms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 430Jimbo143

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you were happy with the room, especially the heating, bed and shower!

Our staff like to ensure that all of our guests have everything they may need when staying at the hotel and so I am delighted that their service has been noted.

I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to relax in the Cigar Terrace with a drink and cigar. Your positive feedback about the food in the Blue Door Bistro is also very much appreciated, I will pass these comments on to the team.

I am happy that you plan on returning, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Enjoying the hotel and the food is excellent. Don't miss The Ski Lodge to put you in the holiday spirit. Bartender Jaoa was outstanding at the Ski Lodge. He has a great personality and made the night.

Stayed: November 2013
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Montague and that you found the food in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro and the Ski Lodge to be excellent.

It is always wonderful to receive such kind comments as yours about our staff. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that Joao was pleasant during your visit to the Ski Lodge and ‘made your night.’ I will be sure to pass this feedback on; I know he will be most pleased to receive it. I will also ensure that his service is duly noted.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel or the Ski Lodge again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

yet again another great visit to the montague :) they must be doing something right as this was our 5th return, or it could just be the warm welcome you get from Jorge :). Everyone at the montague makes you feel welcome and cannot do enough to help make your stay a brilliant one.

Room Tip: Room tip: the standard double rooms can be a little bit on the small side, so if you like space then...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rusties

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent visit.

As returning and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to develop the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your 5th stay with us one to remember.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that Jorge is always there to give a warm welcome; we like to do all that we can to provide our guests with a brilliant and memorable stay. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to him and that his service is duly rewarded.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.