“Ski Lodge at Montague”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Ski Lodge at Montague”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Wow what a quirky idea. The outside terrace has been converted into an Alpine Ski Lodge for the Xmas season. A must visit to see the reindeer, snowmen and falling snow, all in Central London. Bespoke flavoured spirits and festive platters are available on site. Booking essential.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to visit the Ski Lodge and that you found it to be a quirky idea!

The Ski Lodge is something that we enjoy at the Montague because of its great atmosphere and truly festive feeling and so I am thrilled that you felt it was a ‘must visit’ venue.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (752)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The title says it all. Everything about this hotel is .. WOW .. From the time you walk through the door, to the time you leave you are looked after in the best possible way. If it's "The Way To Stay" personified you are looking for this is it. Everything expected from a top class hotel is superbly catered for. I stayed on my 60th birthday on arrival was treated to exceptional service and some very unexpected but very welcome surprises .. The staff are so professional, considerate and absolutely first class in making you feel welcome and almost part of the family .. I could not find a bad word to say about this exceptional hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback following your visit to the hotel.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your 60th birthday stay with us an occasion to remember.

We are extremely proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always wonderful to receive such kind comments as yours that they were professional, considerate and first class. They take great interest in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable and so it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind words and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I am thrilled that you could not find a bad word to say about the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin
Reviewed 1 December 2013

From the moment I walked into the cosy lobby with the Christmas tree (with that proper Christmas tree smell) I was greeted by pleasant staff on the door and at the front desk. Checking in was swift and simple (not the case at some hotels) and the room was spacious and comfortable with complimentary coffee and tea and bottled water. The location was perfect (right around the corner from beautiful, leafy Russell Square), and the manager kindly gifted me some biscuits in my room. I hope to return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and I am equally pleased that the check in process was swift and simple.

Your kind words that the staff were pleasant and that your room was spacious and comfortable are most appreciated. I am equally thrilled that you liked the cosiness and festiveness in the hotel, it is lovely to know that our guests enjoy this atmosphere.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We highly recommend The Montague! From the moment we checked in and all through our 7 night stay, the service, food and housekeeping, maintenance, concierge, bellmen and front desk staff were so friendly and made you feel as if you were the only person in the hotel.
Worth every penny!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always wonderful to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am absolutely delighted that all the staff were so friendly and made you feel ‘looked after’. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

Thank you for your high recommendation of the Montague! I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

A 5 night stay. Yes, everything was as reviewed, so expectations were high. Yes, those expectations were not only fulfilled but exceeded.

So what can write about - THE SCALLOPS IN THE HOTEL RESTAURANT ARE FABULOUS!

The MOG has a lovely restaurant, the Blue Door (for obvious reasons). Sadly, I'm on the 2:5 diet so wasn't able to avail myself of the other dishes on the menu. So for my dinner I ordered my absolutely favourite seafood, scallops.

Now this might sound boring, however the scallop has a beautiful texture, that if over cooked becomes suitable for erasing pencil. Personally I usually cook them by bringing too room temperature and blasting briefly with a butane burner (learnt in Japan), leaving the inner flesh "raw". However these were done in a pan (no hint of butter or oil that can overwhelm the subtle flavour). And, to my great chagrin, the inner meat was just warmed a little above room temperature.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit to the Montague.

I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the scallops when you visited The Blue Door Bistro. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback about your meal with the Executive Chef who will be extremely grateful. When the hard work of the staff is acknowledged it makes all our efforts worthwhile.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels in London but from the moment the doormen took my luggage off me as I arrived till the moment I checked out the Montague was a cut above. At most hotels you get the feeling you are little more than a statistic in the weekly occupancy rate but at the Montague I felt like they really cared if I had a good stay, from Petra in the restaurant who actually knew her way around the wine list and menu to Joao who tried his best to get me drunk in the fantastic outside Christmas bar everyone was great. I'd unreservedly recommend the Montague and am looking forward to my next stay there.

PS best homemade piccalilli I've tasted

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback about your recent stay at the Montague.

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their time with us is comfortable and memorable. I am thrilled that Petra was able to assist you with her knowledge of wine when you visited the restaurant. I am equally delighted that you had the opportunity to experience the Ski Lodge and that Joao was pleasant during your visit.

I will be sure to share your positive feedback; that the homemade piccalilli is the best you have ever tasted. The Executive Chef will be most appreciative of your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming back to the hotel in soon.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed at this Hotel for a short break in London. Very good location for touring London. Very near to train stations and the underground tube. We stayed at this Hotel for 4 night. We had excellent service and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was very quiet and spotless clean. Breakfast was superb, lots of choice and it was kept fresh. I would certain be staying again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about your recent stay with us.

Here at the Montague, we are very proud of our staff and it is always motivating for them to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly make every effort to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that they were pleasant, helpful and provided excellent service. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I am thrilled that you found breakfast in The Blue Door Bistro to be superb, with plenty of choice.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Montague soon.