“Just splendid !!!”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Last week we stayed at Montague hotel for 3 days including week end . The experience was splendid . This is our home in london . It will give you a definite home away from home feeling indeed . Its not only us lots of guests were saying the same . In these hotel everybody cares .People are happy to work here . Nobody will disturb you for anything . The best place for me in this hotel is the Red velvet Lounge area sitting next to there fire place having glass of wine . Then the afternoon tea in there beautiful conservatory area . A big tower block five star hotel at London cannot provide you these posh town house comfort .

For me and my husband we would really like to see there staff soby and musthapha again when are down there next time . We had our breakfast and afternoon tea with soby . We had so much fun with him . These people knows our need even before we are asking it . Thats there speciality . Rooms are small but very well equipped , excellent food , delicious breakfast lots of choice , nice cigar lounge , classy bar . You dont feel that you are in the middle of the cosmopolitan city ,its that quite .What else you want ?

Steve

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent visit to the Montague.

I am delighted that you enjoyed relaxing by the fire in the lounge with a glass of wine as well as Afternoon Tea in the Conservatory.

Our staff aim to ensure that our guests experience that comfortable and memorable home from home feeling when they stay with us and so I am thrilled that their efforts were noticed. They enjoy providing first class customer care to make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. Your lovely feedback provides great motivation for the team.

I am thrilled that Soby and Mustafa assisted you during your stay and you had fun with them, I will be sure to share this feedback with them both.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the New Year.

Dirk Crokaert

Write a ReviewReviews (4,394)

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed at the Montague as a regular guest 12 years ago. Having recently returned it was a concern that it may have changed over the years. It had - for the better. All the qualities from 12 years ago were thankfully retained, but the staff were even better.

The food is good and the public areas are very comfortable and relaxing. The rooms are generally quiet and well fitted although some rooms are on the small side.

The real plus is the amazing staff who could not be more cheerful and helpful.

Great location and well equipped for the business traveller and a slice of English delight for overseas visitors.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

As a returning and much-valued guest, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your stay with us one to remember. I am thrilled that you felt the hotel had only got better.

I am pleased that you had the opportunity to relax in our comfortable public areas. Your positive feedback that the food in the Blue Door Bistro is good is also lovely to read.

I am equally thrilled that the staff were cheerful and helpful. It is comments such as these that make us so proud of our team. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed.

Thank you for your wonderful comment that the Montague is a ‘slice of English delight for overseas visitors’. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We celebrated our 41st Wedding Anniversary visiting London with a two night stay at the Montague. We couldn't have found a more delightful hotel. The elegant, cosy charm of the lounge, conservatories and bar, and the comfort of our beautiful large bedroom were just what we desired. But over and above, what made our stay so special were the wonderful staff. All, without exception, were professional and efficient but also so helpful, friendly and welcoming. I would like to mention Declan in the bar, and whoever it was who decorated our bedroom so beautifully with a card, flowers, candles; but if there was space I would like to mention everyone. Thank you all for making our anniversary one to remember.
One other thing, the breakfasts are superb, the best we have ever had in London.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your visit to the hotel.

We are honoured that you chose to spend your wedding anniversary here with us at the Montague and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made this an occasion to remember.

I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to spend time in our public areas finding them to be elegant with a cosy charm.

Your kind comment that the breakfast served in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro was superb is lovely to read and I will share this with our kitchen team who will be so appreciative.

We are very proud of the team and it is always pleasing to receive such kind words as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am happy that they were professional, helpful and friendly and I am especially thrilled that Declan assisted you during your time with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind feedback and praise are passed on to Declan and the team and that their service is duly noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here for a night on the 16th December with a friend. The hotel has a lovely homely feel and the service is 5 star. The ski lodge is excellent and all the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything that we needed. The dinner and breakfast was delicious and I would highly recommend a stay here. Better than many of the 5 star hotels I have stayed in. It is indeed a "home away from home".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review following your recent visit to the Montague.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience the Ski Lodge and thought it was excellent.

I was so pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and felt that the hotel is like a home away from home. We like to ensure our guests are comfortable and have everything they may need when staying with us and so it is lovely to know that our efforts were noted.

Your kind comments that the dinner and breakfast in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro was delicious are most appreciated. I will be sure to share all of your wonderful feedback with the staff.

Thank you for your positive recommendation, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was having trouble organising the company Christmas party and remembered the Montague from when I worked around the corner from it. We had an AWESOME time. The staff were amazing and always ready to help and made my life incredibly easy. I cant praise them enough, the location, food and staff were brilliant. Anything we requested was not an issue and I would recommend this hotel to anyone and EVERYONE!!! am already looking at the dates for next year!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you and your colleagues enjoyed your Christmas party with us at the Montague. When guests book an event with us we want to ensure that they have a great time and so we like to make it as easy as possible for them. I am happy that the team were able to assist you and that their efforts were noticed.

Your kind words that the location, food and staff were brilliant are so appreciated and I will be sure to share this with the team.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in 2014 for your next event.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend for two nights on the 13th and 14th December. I had been here before but just for afternoon tea. When we were checking in it was busy so the
Concierge George sat us down with complimentary tea and coffee while we waited. Our room was ready before 11am which was great. The room was lovely, bright with two large windows and high standard furnishings. Bathroom was well equipped but not very large.

The common areas of the hotel are by far the best in London. It's more like a country home than a city centre hotel and it's great particularly if you spend a day in the city shopping.

We went to the ballet Friday night in Sadlers Wells. I forgot to pack cuffs for my shirt so I rang reception and Vasilis gave me
his own pair! Now that's service.

We had a few drinks in the bar and Declan really looked after us. The staff know their stuff and will be particular about what you want. A pianist plays in the bar Friday and Saturday evenings from 7-10pm.

On Saturday we eat in the Blue Door Restaurant in the Hotel. The manager there was Luke Aherne and we were very well
Looked after. I had the pate and Dover Sole and cheese board with port. Aine had prawns and turkey and rice pudding. We really enjoyed the food.... fresh and good portions. More could have been done with my side of potatoes but that's a small complaint! We stayed on champagne that we brought from the bar but I had a look at the wine list and it was very decent and fairly priced.

Breakfast was busy Sunday morning but we were seated within minutes. The general manager Dirk had sent a letter to our room letting us know the busiest breakfast times so we could have avoided it.

The hotel did a very special turndown service for us with flowers and candles. We received a welcome fruit plate also which was lovely. They really are customer focused here in a very sincere way.

It was a lovely stay and Aine was particularly grateful to Patrick who kept and umbrella over our heads whenever we waited for a taxi!!

We'll definitely be back and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in London. I've already recommended it to work colleagues.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Cian C
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review following your recent visit.

As returning and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

I am pleased that you were looked after by Jorge on arrival and were able to enjoy your room early. Thank you for your comments that you found it to be lovely, with high standard furnishings and a well equipped bathroom.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests have everything they may need during their time with us and so I am thrilled that Vasileios was able to assist you when you needed cufflinks. I am equally delighted that Declan and Luke looked after you in the bar and restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro. I am also happy that Patrik helped with an umbrella whilst you were waiting for your taxi. It is feedback such as this which makes us proud of our staff. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Jorge, Vasileios, Declan, Luke and Patrik and that their service is duly rewarded.

Your kind words that you really enjoyed your dinner are most appreciated and I will be happy to share these with the kitchen team

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent a weekend at the Montague for a pre Christmas break. My boyfriend picked the hotel following a recommendation from a friend and it most definitely did not disappoint. I was slightly apprehensive about choosing to go to London before Christmas as I felt the fact we were visiting a busy capital city would mean there would be no time to relax, however the hotel was like this whole other world once you entered it. Beautiful, unique and well thought out decor created a truly warm, relaxing and romantic environment. You really could sit for hours in any of the common areas and forget that you were in the middle of a city. The whole experience was kind of magical.I could not say enough positive things about the staff, they were all so personable and beyond attentive, but not in an 'in your face way'. The romantic turn down service they provided was truly unforgettable.The interaction and interest made for a welcome change to the mechanical exchanges in larger chain hotels. We chose to eat in the restaurant in the hotel on the Saturday night, the food and service were both great. It really was such a pleasure to stay here, and we will most definitely be back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AineACork

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us on your friend’s recommendation did not disappoint you. I am equally pleased that you liked the beauty and decor of the hotel and found it to be warm, relaxing and romantic.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and make their stay comfortable and memorable and so it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

Your kind feedback that your meal in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro was great is positive to read and I will be sure to share this with the restaurant and kitchen teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.