“Unbelievable Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

This hotel is fantastic! I told the hotel that it was for my girlfriend's birthday when booking, not expecting much, and what we got exceeded any, and all, expectations! From an upgraded room, to a birthday message, I was stunned by how far the hotel had gone to make the stay special. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful from the moment we stepped foot in the door and helped make our stay all the better.
Now to the room, what can I say, it was one of the best hotel rooms I have stayed in, the bed was very comfy (including the duvet and pillows), the shower could get a paragraph to itself explaining how amazing it was, and everything we needed/could have wanted was there.
The only food we ate was an in-room breakfast, it was pricey but tasty and there was a lot of food (including a continental -and- cooked breakfast).

I can't thank the hotel staff enough for making my, and more importantly my girlfriend's, stay so special. I will be back as soon as possible and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. If I could live there, I probably would!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David224
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit to the Montague.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your girlfriend’s birthday an occasion to remember.

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their time at the hotel is comfortable and memorable and so it pleases me to read that this visit was made special by the teams’ hard work.

I am thrilled that you were happy with your room and found it to be comfortable and that it had all the amenities you needed during your time with us.

Also, your kind feedback that your breakfast was tasty is most appreciated and I will be sure to share this with the Kitchen team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I just wanted to say a final heartfelt thank you to Morgane and Clare for organising such a great and impeccable event for our team festive lunch.

I have already highly recommended the venue to the other event managers as well as our American staff who often travels to London.

Adele has been amazing into accommodating all the requests we had and I couldn't fault all of the staff if I wanted. Marvelous afternoon.

The hotel it's exquisite. It has style, class but also warmth and a sense of hospitality rarely experienced elsewhere.

I would highly recommend it for lunches, dinner, family, couples, business. Anyone who is looking for a superb experience.

1 Thank Tiziana S
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review regarding your recent visit.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your festive lunch with us and found the hotel to be exquisite with warmth, style and a sense of hospitality.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind feedback as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am extremely pleased that Morgane, Clare and Adele assisted you during the planning of the event and on the day itself. We like to make sure that our guests have a perfect and memorable time with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

Thank you for your positive recommendation to colleagues, friends and family. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had our office Christmas party at The Montague on The Gardens and couldn't fault it! The friendliest staff we have ever come across and a beautiful venue. After the party, I have had numerous comments from employees saying this was the best Christmas party they have been to. The ski lodge was beautiful (even during the thunder storm!), as was the meal and DJ. Great time had by all.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent Christmas party with us.

I was delighted that your festive celebrations were enjoyed by all and your guests felt it was ‘the best Christmas party they had ever been to’. Your lovely feedback is most appreciated.

I am pleased that you felt the venue was beautiful and that the staff were friendly. We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received brilliant service. It is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed and I will be thrilled to share your wonderful feedback with the team.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed at The Montague on the Gardens on the weekend of 6th December. It was a short break to celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary. Have stayed once before here so knew what to expect. Cannot fault this hotel. Everything is so well done. You feel so comfortable as soon as you enter, the staff are friendly and welcoming and not at all stuffy. The public areas are very pretty and look lovely at Christmas. Our classic room although small had everything you required. The bed was very comfortable and the shower excellent. Food is very good, we had a meal from room service before heading out to the theatre. Location is great, you can walk everywhere or Russell Square tube is very close by.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a special weekend break in London. Hope to return soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackie2
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent visit to the hotel.

As returning and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore thrilled that we have once again met your expectations, and made your 35th Anniversary celebration an occasion to remember.

I am delighted that you found your bed to be comfortable and the shower to be excellent. I am equally pleased that you were happy with our Room Service and thought the food is very good.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind words as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always enjoyable to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that they were friendly and welcoming. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are shared with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I spent a few nights at this hotel, and found that it was a great option. The location was excellent, and the rooms were really clean/neat.

From arrival to departure, I found that the staff were all extremely helpful. I arrived well before the normal check-in time, and asked if there was a place where I could freshen up before heading to work. They allowed me to use a room temporarily, and even kept my luggage and moved it to my actual room when it became available.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

I was so pleased to read that you felt your choice of the Montague was a great option and that your room was very clean and neat.

Thank you for your comments that the staff were extremely helpful, we invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. I am delighted that they were able to assist with your luggage whilst your room was being prepared. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Our family had a enjoyable stay at The Montague. The staff is friendly and willing to do their best. We often go on family holidays around the world and this one was defiantly one to remember. Thank you to all personnel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your visit to the hotel.

I am thrilled that you and your family had an enjoyable stay at the Montague. Our staff like to ensure that our guests have the most comfortable and memorable time when they are with us and so I am delighted that their hard work was noticed. I am delighted that they were friendly and willing to do their best for you all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

We recently used The Montague on the Gardens as the venue for our company Christmas party. All our colleagues commented on what a beautiful venue it was, the attention to detail was spectacular and some of the best service we have experienced. From being greeted at the door and showed to the wonderful outdoor Christmas Ski lodge for our drinks reception, to the incredible service throughout dinner and the rest of the evening, the staff at The Montague outdid themselves. Not only that, but the events team in the run up to the night were very attentive and on the ball, making sure that every detail was covered and thought through, even when we had to make some last minute changes, they were dealt with very professionally and always with a smile. I would definitely recommend The Montague for future events.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your recent visit.

I was delighted that you and your colleagues all had a wonderful Christmas party with us and felt that it was a beautiful venue. I am equally pleased that you had the opportunity to spend some time in the Ski Lodge.

Our staff take great interest in our guests whether they are staying or visiting to ensure that they have a perfect time with us. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. Your kind words that you experienced the best service are most appreciated. I am also thrilled that our Events team were attentive and professional throughout the run up and during your event. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

Thank you for your kind recommendation. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.