“Loved this hotel”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise in London. There was plenty of staff to help with your every need. The decor is beautiful and very comfortable. My room was a little small but the beautiful furnishings helped make up for that. I received a phone call to make sure all was ok with my room, then also received a visit from house keeping with complimentary home made biscuits .. Which were beautiful and a wonderful gesture. I stopped shrove Tuesday and here was a chef in the lounge area cooking complimentary pancakes. The bar area is quaint and I could spend many an hour watching the world go by. Only thing to watch out for was the pricey drinks - a house vodka was 11.50 !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you found the Montague to be a pleasant surprise in London. Your kind comments that the decor is beautiful and that it is very comfortable are most appreciated.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to spend some time in the bar to watch ‘the world go by’. We like to celebrate special occasions and holidays so I do hope that you enjoyed one of the Chef’s complimentary pancakes!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Visited my sister here for lunch and had a fabulous time. The hotel is excellent and the attention to detail is amazing. Staff are fabulous but a special mention to Paulus who went the extra mile. I felt like a princess, nothing was too much trouble and he shone like a star!
Fantastic food, service and ambience'

This is a hidden gem and I will be back!
Well done Red Carnation Hotels!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you and your sister had a fabulous time with us when you came for lunch in The Blue Door Bistro.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always lovely to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that Paulos went the extra mile when serving you and that he ‘shone like a star’. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Paulos and that his service is duly rewarded.

Your positive comments that the food, service and ambience were fantastic are equally most appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Simply put, all was perfect. Especially the staff was extremely pleasant, maybe the most pleasant I have ever experienced. Rooms were nice and clean, food perfect, so was bar. I can only recommend and for sure I will be back soon myself.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent visit.

I am thrilled to read that you found everything perfect during your stay with us at the Montague.

Your lovely comment that the staff were the most pleasant team you have experienced is most appreciated. We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and to make sure that our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I am equally delighted that you felt the rooms were nice and clean and that the food was perfect. I will be sure to share your kind feedback with the staff.

Thank you for your positive recommendation, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Service throughout the hotel is first class, from the doormen to the front desk to the bartenders. I was on a two week business trip and they made me feel like home. There are two downsides to note: 1) the single rooms are tiny. I upgraded to a larger room which was much more spacious and comfortable; 2) breakfast is not included and while it's convenient, it's overpriced for what they offer. I ended up walking to Starbucks on most mornings. If you want a quick and reasonable meal in the evening, I'd highly recommend the bar menu. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As noted above, the singles are very small.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit.

Here at the Montague we like to ensure that all our guests are happy and have everything they may need during their time with us whether they are here for business or leisure. I am thrilled that the staff made you feel at home over the two weeks that you stayed.

Although I was really very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique. Please mention that you would prefer a larger room when next making a booking with us and we will, subject to availability, allocate a more spacious room.

However, it is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your meal in our Bar. Your kind recommendation is most appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We only stayed 1 night and could not take advantage of all the amenities. However, the room was great, the hotel is very charming and the staff are very warm and helpful! The locatio is great being close to Covent Garden. I think in the summer, the terrace could be a clear highlight of this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that although you only experienced a short stay with us you found the hotel to be charming. I am equally delighted that you were happy with your room and felt it was great.

Your kind words that the staff are warm and helpful are most appreciated. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always lovely to hear that their hard work is noticed.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague, especially in the summer so that you can experience our outside areas.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were celebrating an important anniversary and the staff were brilliant. We got upgraded to a junior suite, a personalised card from the staff and some extra goodies. The room was delightful, overlooking the gardens. Superb Penhaglion toiletries and lots of lovely little touches. Even by London standards this is not the cheapest, but it is really worthwhile for that extra special trip. Breakfast had a really good variety of items to choose from including 'home made' smoothies and an excellent selection of cheeses.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review following your recent visit.

Many congratulations on your important anniversary, I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am equally thrilled that you found your room to be delightful and you enjoyed the toiletries we provided.

It is wonderful to read that we met your expectations and that you felt the staff were brilliant. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

Your kind words that the breakfast offered a great variety including homemade smoothies and an excellent selection of cheese are most appreciated. We like to ensure that all of our guests are happy and have plenty of choice.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our sons 50th birthday and so glad that we did, from checking in to having to leave everything and every member of staff were superb, the room was fantastic and spotless everything you could possibly need was there, the location was good close to all amenities,will certainly stay again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CONTRIBUTING TO A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with your decision to do so. I am thrilled that we contributed to making your son’s 50th birthday weekend a wonderful occasion.

We are very proud of our staff and it is lovely to read such positive comments as yours. I am pleased that they were superb throughout your whole stay. I will be sure that your kind feedback and praise are passed on to the team.

I am equally delighted that you found your room to be spotless with everything that you needed during your time with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.