“Best customer service experience ever!”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #10 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just spent 2 nights in this hotel which has now become my London hotel of choice! Great location and without doubt the most friendly hotel we have experienced anywhere - all the staff live and breathe customer service. Lovely building full of charm and welcoming places to sit and relax. I particularly appreciated being welcomed back like an old friend by the concierge when we finally got back from the theatre last night! The nightcap in the bar was the perfect end to a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the compact and bijou side - fine with us but if you like space you might want to as...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you feel the Montague is your London hotel of choice!

Your comments regarding our staff are highly appreciated. We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile. The team take genuine interest in our guests and so I am thrilled that they were friendly and welcomed you like old friends.

I am equally pleased that you were able to relax in our public areas and that you especially enjoyed a nightcap in the bar to end your perfect stay!

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Montague.

There are newer reviews for The Montague on The Gardens

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We love this hotel. It is our 5th vacation here. Thank you Dirk, Mustafa, Jorge,Tommy and Santos for all your help. Service here is the best of any other places in Longon and around Eur. that we have stayed. Hotel is spotlessly clean. We love the location and feel safe walking back in the evening after the theatre.
Hope to see you all again next year

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ronadebra

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review following your recent visit.

As regular and much valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

Your kind comments that Mustafa, Jorge, Tommy and Sandor were helpful during your time with us are most appreciated and provides great motivation for the team. Our staff like to ensure that our guests have everything they may need and so I am pleased that they could assist you.

I am equally pleased that you found the hotel to be spotlessly clean, I will share this feedback with the Housekeeping team, who will be most grateful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed in The Montague on The Gardens for 8 days. We got a very small room at first, but the staff there helped us to change to a larger room with a sofa bed and a king bed. The rooms were a bit old but clean. The location is excellent -- next to British Museum and very close to 3 tube stations. It is also very quiet and not crowded throughout the whole day. An excellent stay. I would recommend to stay here if you like small hotels and museums.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sych2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your visit to the Montague.

I was very sorry to read that you were not entirely happy with the first room that was allocated to you, finding it to be small. However, I am delighted that the team assisted in helping you to move to a much more comfortable and more suitable room.

I am pleased that you found that the rooms were clean and the location of the hotel suited your needs.

Your recommendation is most appreciated and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Been london twice but first time spending my mum's birthday here and they had a sweet surprise for her.thanks for the great team!
Room is clean with great service and decorations are so historic..location is great even walked alone in late night is still fine:) definitely will come again

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank ChloeYip129

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your recent visit.

I am thrilled that you chose to spend your mother’s birthday with us and I am delighted that we have met your expectations, making her special day an occasion to remember.

I am delighted that you found the room to be clean and that the service was great.

Our staff like to ensure that everyone has a memorable and comfortable stay and so I will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

A very recommendable choice when staying in London - almost perfect in any respect, maybe just perfect! Rooms, breakfast, restaurant, staff service was just excellent. The location is good both in terms of eating out, visit shops and museums, and public infrastructure.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sthan1972

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you had a perfect stay with us at the Montague. I am extremely pleased that you found the rooms, breakfast in the Blue Door Bistro and the service to be excellent.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is motivating to know that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

Your kind recommendation is highly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very nice hotel with very tidy good service from the staff. It is expensive but like all hotels in London are expensive but do not offer all the same services but expensive prices specific if it is in the city center.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank billakos2004

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about your recent visit.

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay and found the hotel to be very tidy.

Your comment that the service from the staff was good is most appreciated. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I visited London in the busy time of Easter and stayed one week at the Montague. Really I could never stay better! The Hotel is fresh and clean with all modern comfort, but keeps that delightful old british athmosphere. The staff was competent, active and very helpful, and what's more very nice, in a word they are faboulous and I could never be more happy with it. Breakfast was very good indeed, the Bar and the Afternoon Tea delightful. I had a single room with a ultra-wonderful bed, were I slept very well, and a bathroom excellently fournished. The Hotel position is between the British Museum in Great Russell Street and the delightful georgian Russel Square, reminiscent of Jane Austen's novels. Covent Garden is only a few minutes way, but for dinner time, the hustle and bustle and overcrowding of the city were quieted in Bloomsbuty, so that you could enjoy a peaceful rest. In shorti, I am planning to get myself there again as soon as I can. The Montague on The Gardens cannot be forgotten easily!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rossella C
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review following your recent visit.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your Easter stay with us and that you especially liked the ‘British atmosphere’. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be fresh and clean with modern comfort. I am especially delighted that you felt your bed was ‘ultra wonderful; and as a result had a comfortable night’s sleep.

Your kind comments that breakfast was very good and that the Afternoon Tea is delightful are most appreciated. I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience this at the Montague.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. I am pleased that they were competent, active and very helpful and I will ensure that their service is duly noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.