The Montague on The Gardens
US$155
US$143
Travelocity
4,485 results
All reviewsbritish museumblue door bistroafternoon tealeopard barrussell squarered carnationcharming hotelquiet streetbirthday cardcovent gardenthe general managerconcierge staffturn down servicelittle toucheswest endjunior suiterooms are small
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Although we were in London with our family, in order to celebrate New Year, only my husband and I were booked into the hotel, the others were staying with friends. However we were all warmly welcomed and they stored my son's families luggage while we all went off exploring the city. On our return we all had afternoon tea and our granddaughters were treated so wonderfully by the staff. This hotel is everything you would expect of a five star in London, yet it isn't at all stuffy! When we visit London again, we will definitely stay here and we have already recommended it to our friends.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the garden are pleasant.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jwain834
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I was pleased to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us over the New Year. We like to ensure that everyone who comes to the hotel whether they are staying or just visiting has a warm welcome and so I am pleased that the staff effort was noticed and that we could help with storing your son’s luggage.

I am equally delighted that you had the opportunity to experience afternoon tea with your family at the Montague and that the team looked after your granddaughters. We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is lovely to hear that these efforts are noticed.

Thank you for your positive recommendations, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

A great stay in a real english atmosphere, great service, quiet place and extremely comfortable and well furnished rooms ! A good place for business travelers and an great location with you want to visit around

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay at the Montague and that you enjoyed the English atmosphere. I am equally pleased that you felt the service was great and that the hotel was quiet, comfortable and the rooms were well furnished.

We like to ensure that every guest staying with us, whether it is for business or leisure has a memorable time and I would like to thank you for the kind recommendation.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been lucky enough to stay at this hotel six times on business since the beginning of February and have found the staff genuinely friendly not just well trained. The rooms are always extremely comfortable and I look forward to each visit. I now wonder why on earth I used to stay at one of the chains but then that was before I discovered the Montague. The restaurant has a high standard of food and wine and a visit to the bar is great for relaxation with a talented pianist/ vocalist which is a much better background that pre recorded music.
I am so impressed that I will be bringing my wife to stay for our wedding anniversary early July.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit.

As a regular and much-valued guest, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide. I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, making your stay with us an occasion to remember. I am pleased that you always find your rooms to be extremely comfortable.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is wonderful to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that they are genuinely friendly. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed.

It is wonderful to read that you find the food and wine served in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro to be of a high standard and that you feel you can relax in the Terrace Bar.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife in July to celebrate your anniversary.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for one night with my wife. Of course this hotel is awesome and worth to stay. I booked this hotel through www.hotel-bestdeal.com for £212 include tax. I belive it was a good deal to stay in this type of hotel.
The room was smaller than what I’m expecting. But the friendly staff and good location make this hotel a best choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maran_maniam

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about your recent visit.

I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your time at the Montague and found the hotel to be ‘awesome and worthy of a stay’. I am pleased that you found the location to be good.

Your kind comment that the staff were friendly is most appreciated, I will ensure that this is shared with the team.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location, quiet rooms, good service....but this hotel didn't quite do it for me. The decor was a bit worn, the room cramped and the front desk manager rather snooty. The rest of the staff tried really hard and generally were very helpful. Overall, if you're looking for this location the Montague is a solid choice. But given the price of the rooms and the upscale air this hotel tries to give itself, something is definitely lacking. For GBP 17.50 per person, the breakfast offer could feature more and better quality items.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank melinlyon

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent visit.

I was very sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy this stay with us. We often receive positive comments about our decor, however I understand that is not to everyone’s taste. I am also sorry that you felt your room was cramped. We offer a number of different room sizes so please mention that you would prefer a larger room when next making a booking with us, we will, subject to availability, allocate a more spacious room.

I was very disappointed to read your comments about the Front Desk Manager’s behaviour for which I would like to apologise. In general we receive very complimentary feedback about our staff; however I will be sure to investigate your comment. I am pleased that you felt the staff to be generally very helpful.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your faith in the Montague.