“True English flavour” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
MIAMI
“True English flavour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is my third stay at the Montague, and will continue to stay there in the future. Right next to the British Museum, walking distance to Covent Garden and the theater district, easily accessible by several underground lines. It's a bit pricey, but elegant and oh so British. Every room is wonderfully decorated, and the staff is superb. The concierge, reception, the bartender, everyone goes way out of their way to cater to every whim you come up with. Lovely outdoor area, awesome restaurant, and hunting lodge type bar. They even have a "tea room". I can't wait to stay there again

Room Tip: If you can afford the suites, go for it!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EARTHLINGTOURIST
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback following your visit to the Montague.

As regular and much-valued guests, your review is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore thrilled that we have once again met your expectations and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

I am pleased that you feel the hotel is elegant and that the rooms are wonderfully decorated.

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that they have everything they may need for a comfortable and memorable stay and so I am delighted that they were superb and assisted to every need. I will ensure that their service is duly noted.

Your lovely comments about our indoor and outdoor public areas are most appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel, which we chose for its proximity to the British Museum, made our stay in London exceptionally comfortable. All on the staff were thoughtfully attentive. It is difficult to identify any who were not amiable but, in particular, the concierge staff and the staff in the bar were outstanding. Individually decorated rooms are lovely. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in London.

Room Tip: All I saw seemed lovely.
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you had an exceptionally comfortable stay at the Montague and that you cannot imagine staying anywhere else in London. This wonderful comment is highly appreciated.

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our team, we invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care. I am thrilled that they were thoroughly attentive, especially the Concierge and Bar staff. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile and I will be pleased to share this lovely feedback with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the outside, this hotel looks like many others but when you walk through the doors it's something special.

The staff were warm, welcoming and thoughtful, and very accommodating for our three year old. In the room, they left him a toy, mini slippers and a mini bathrobe! In the evening we ate at the Blue Door Bistro and they brought his dinner as soon as it was ready.

For adults, this hotel is a little sanctuary. There are conservatories, wood decks and a terrace overlooking Bedford Gardens. We had breakfast outside on the terrace one morning - what better way to start the day. We were too early in the summer, but we read that they have bbqs in the summer - we'll be back!

Room Tip: Room 216 caused even our son to say 'Wow' as he walked in. Split over three levels overlook...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank S G
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you found the Montague to be ‘something special’. Our staff take pride in all they do and it is always pleasing to receive such positive comments as yours. We like to ensure that our younger guests have a great stay with us too and so I am delighted that your 3 year old enjoyed the gifts and amenities we provided for him. I am equally pleased that you had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro and that it was a good experience.

Your lovely feedback that the staff were warm, welcoming and thoughtful are most appreciated and I will be pleased to share this with the team.

I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfast on the Terrace and I do hope that you have the chance to return to enjoy a BBQ meal on our Wood Deck in the summer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Montague for our 20th Anniversary and took advantage of the 3 for 2 junior suite offer in May.Our room was small for a junior suite but beautifully decorated and laid out.
We ate in the restaurant on our anniversary night and the food was delicious.We returned to our room to find a card and the room decorated with candles and rose petals.Unlike another reviewer i thought.this was very nice and that the staff had put themselves out to do this.It was much appreciated.Throughout our stay ALL the staff were so helpful and efficient,always had a smile and nothing was too much trouble.
Every evening we returned to our room there were nibbles to tempt us which were beautifully presented and new bottles of water.
The hotel has a small bar which is cosy and an outside eating area which will be lovely in the summer.We go to London twice a year and have tried lots of London hotels but never have we had service like this.I would recommend this hotel for anyone going to London.Thankyou for a lovely start to our 20th Anniversary holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 1834jules_philip
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations and made your 20th Anniversary stay an occasion to remember.

I am thrilled that you dined in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro and that you found the food to be delicious. I will share your positive feedback with the Executive Chef and his team.

I am equally thrilled that you enjoyed the romantic turndown we prepared and that you felt the staff were helpful, efficient and that nothing was too much trouble for them. We are very proud of our team and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

Your kind comment that our bar is cosy is most appreciated and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the summer so that you can experience dining on our Wood Deck or Terrace.

Thank you for your recommendation to others, I hope that you return to the Montague again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had been invited to afternoon tea with a group of friends at the weekend, the service was outstanding and the food was out of this world. Andrew and Garcia were very attentive and the hotel surroundings were superb.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you had a pleasant afternoon tea experience with us. I am delighted that you felt the service was outstanding and that the food was ‘out of this world’.

We are very proud of our staff at the Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is positive to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that Andrew and Garcia were attentive during your time with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Came here on Saturday for a pre wedding treat with family and friends. The hotel was beautiful and the staff were all very welcoming, the afternoon tea was lovely and very tasty! Andrew and Garcia in particular were very friendly and helpful, they really did make my day that bit more special. Thank you for a fantastic time, it will definitely be a day to remember.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I am thrilled that you had a fantastic time at the Montague when you came for afternoon tea. I am especially delighted that Andrew and Garcia were very friendly and helpful; making your day truly special.

We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care to make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile. Your kind comments that the afternoon tea was lovely and very tasty are also most appreciated.

I shall ensure that your feedback is shared with the staff and that their service is duly noted.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I visited the hotel this weekend with a group for afternoon tea, for a pre-wedding celebration. Both Garcia and Andrew were very welcoming and could not have provided a better service. The afternoon tea was great, lots of varity and plenty for eveyone. Would highly recommend this tea to anyone. Thank you for a great afternoon!

Dear guests,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the afternoon tea you experienced with us as part of a pre-wedding celebration.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that Andrew and Garcia were particular welcoming and provided excellent service.

Your kind comments that the selection was varied and plentiful are most appreciated.

Thank you for your positive recommendation, I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Montague in the near future.