The Montague on The Gardens
US$258
US$191
Priceline
4,489 results
All reviewsbritish museumblue door bistroafternoon tealeopard barrussell squarered carnationcharming hotelquiet streetbirthday cardcovent gardenthe general managerconcierge staffturn down servicelittle toucheswest endjunior suiterooms are small
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had great stay as my birthday treat. CHARLOTTE was brilliant, checked in was smooth and professional. We was upgraded to lovely suite. The hotel is brilliant. They set up the Smal Conservatory for our dinner (privat and very romantic). Staff is out from this planet: LUKE (the Manager) welcome us with great smile, friendly and professional approaching. DECLAN treat us with perfectly mixed pre-dinner cocktails, which was not in the menu, he was very creative with incredible knowledge and great hospitality. For a dinner we had Rack of Lamb (was cooked to the perfection) and Prawn Stroganoff (was amazing). Table service provided by PIOTR was amazing! (Great personality, attentive and knowledgeable).After dinner all staff surprised me with Happy birthday plate and serenade !!!
They made my day !!!
Next day breakfast meet our expectations. LUCIA and EVA was incredibly good, no request to larg for them. buffet. We are had the best Eggs Benedict ever!!!
Quick Summary:
●Great location.
●Perfectly designed room.
●The best Bar and Restaurant.
●Delicious food.
●THE BEST STAFF IN THE WORLD !!!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING !!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ania P
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your recent visit.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us and that you feel the hotel is brilliant. I am pleased that you felt the room was perfectly designed and that the location was also great.

Our staff like to ensure that special occasions such as these are memorable and so I am thrilled that their hard work was appreciated. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that Charlotte, Luke, Declan, Piotr, Lucia and Eva were especially pleasant and friendly during your stay with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I am equally thrilled that you enjoyed your evening meal of prawn stroganoff and lamb and your breakfast of Eggs Benedict in The Blue Door Bistro. Your kind feedback is wonderful to read and I will be sure to share this with the kitchen team.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Montague soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our experience here were wonderful. Perfect place with perfect service and very confortable. I recomend it. The ubication is also perfect. We felt like at home loved it so much. Im sure we will go there again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review following your recent visit.

I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us here at the Montague.

It is equally delightful that you felt the hotel was the perfect place with perfect service and very comfortable. Our staff like to ensure that our guests feel at home during their time with us and so I am happy that we met your expectations. I am also pleased that the location suited your needs.

Your kind recommendation is highly appreciated; I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just got back yesterday from a 5 night stay at this hotel. The lobby staff could not have been better. The restaurant staff, while quite friendly and capable, were a little too loud in my opinion. The head woman spoke in a super-friendly fashion to EVERYONE, but was so loud that I heard EVERY conversation. The breakfast food was mediocre with better food to be found for MUCH less within a few blocks of the hotel.

My biggest complaint was the room size. It was a like being on a cruise ship and in some ways worse. The room was so small it was difficult to move around with 2 people. I know this is a fairly standard european thing, but for the money I had to pay for this room, I was not happy. The location was good and we were pleased at how quiet the street was, considering we were in a large city. I do think I would choose to stay here again given the value received for what I paid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MyDogCiara

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your visit to the Montague.

I was really very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique. If you would care to mention that you would prefer a larger room when next making a booking with us, we will, subject to availability, allocate a more spacious room.

I would also like to apologise for the disruption during your breakfast with us. Although you thought they were friendly and capable, I am sorry that one of the staff member’s was a little loud during the service. Our staff enjoy interacting with our guests, however I am sorry that on this occasion you felt the conversation was too disruptive.

I am pleased however that you felt the lobby staff could not have been better during your time with us.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Montague on the Gardens was an extra special holiday. This being our honeymoon we wanted lavish, romantic and relaxing, all of our expectations were exceeded tenfold. The little touches made all the different, the way the room was dressed, the gifts of flowers, chocolates and the card signed by all the staff was a lovely heartfelt touch. We could not single out any member of staff for extra praise as everyone went beyond the call of duty, we were made to feel special and felt that everyone went the extra mile to make our stay perfect. We would be delighted to recommend this hotel to anyone and when we visit London again we will definitely stay at the Montague.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations and made your honeymoon an occasion to remember.

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their stay with us is perfect and so I am thrilled that you felt your time with us was lavish, romantic and relaxing with all your expectations exceeded. I am equally thrilled that you felt all the staff went beyond the call of duty to make sure you felt special and to ensure that your stay was perfect. I will be sure to share this positive feedback with the team.

Your recommendation is most appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I came to stay for my 18th Birthday and we had afternoon tea on the Sunday. Not only was this Boutique hotel wonderful and not too far from the shopping centre, but the staff are extremely attentive and the most pleasant my family and I have encountered across the globe. It is a luxurious hotel and the afternoon tea is of the highest standard. We had an amazing time and they really made our stay so enjoyable. We had a suite which consisted of three floors and the decor was gorgeous. I have to be honest and say I really could not fault anything. Everything done at this hotel is generous and anything you ask for seems to be done immediately, without any issues and with a smile. I will never forget my 18th birthday as it was perfect and the staff made sure of this. All family members now say they will stay there when in London and I look forward to when I get to stay there next.

Room Tip: Duchess suite has more room and really worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth R

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I am delighted to read that you chose to celebrate your 18th birthday with us at the Montague and enjoyed afternoon tea as part of this special occasion. I am happy that you were pleased with your room allocation and felt that the tea was of the highest standard.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always motivating to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that they made your stay so enjoyable and assisted with all your needs. They work hard to ensure that every guest has a memorable stay with us. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly noted.

It is equally wonderful to read that you could not fault anything.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.