“1 night stay - wish it was more”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Corsham, United Kingdom
“1 night stay - wish it was more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I have just got home from a weekend in London, where we stayed in the Montague for 1 night. When we arrived we were met by the very attentive staff. We were a family of 5 so staying in 3 rooms and were upgraded to suites! The rooms were fantastic, they were all split level, comfy beds, nice bathrooms, great decor and some yummy welcome treats! Good and drink were great too. This hotel is the complete package and I will definitely be returning. It made the weekend away perfect.

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Sam D
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the rooms allocated to you. I am pleased that you thought the decor was great, that the beds were comfortable and that the bathrooms were nice.

I am delighted that you found the food and drink served at the hotel also great.

Your comment that the Montague is the complete package is most appreciated and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Nongeographic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Montague. We wouldn't normally stay in a hotel in Central London as we live within travelling distance but this was for a special birthday. My wife chose this as a surprise and we were both very pleased. Beautifully appointed, with wonderful staff who obviously take pride in their hotel. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nowhereman1999
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.

I am delighted that your wife chose the Montague as a special birthday treat and that you were both pleased with the hotel.

Our staff do take pride in all they do to ensure that every guest has a comfortable and memorable stay with us and so I am thrilled that their efforts were noticed.

Your kind recommendation is most appreciated and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I spent hours looking at hotels to stay in in London for a treat for my husbands birthday, came across Montague on the Gardens on booking.com although discovered it was cheaper to book direct with the hotel.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel special and like we were old friends. Wish we had booked to dine there in the evening as the food looked lovely. Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank phonelogic
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review regarding your recent visit.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am delighted that we have met your expectations, making your husband’s birthday an occasion to remember.

Thank you for your comments that the staff made you feel special from the moment you arrived and that they treated you as old friends. Our staff aim to provide first class customer care to make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay at the Montague or for dinner in The Blue Door Bistro soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I just want to say a massive thank you to the whole team at The Montague on the Gardens for making our Summer Party one to always remember. I just wanted to express how happy we were with our evening. The staff at The Montague are nothing short of amazing! You guys thought of everything and were always one step ahead. In all honesty, I have not experienced such wonderful and thoughtful service anywhere else in the world. This service puts you on the map as one of the best in the hospitality industry in my mind. I have been receiving comments on how wonderful the venue was and how fantastic the service was! Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sachaerin
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit to the hotel.

I am delighted to read that your summer party with us was one to remember. Our staff like to ensure that our guests have everything they need to ensure that their events run smoothly. We understand that planning a big event can be hard work and so the team work hard to ensure that everything is in place and perfect.

It is equally lovely to read that your guests also felt that the hotel was wonderful and that they felt the service was fantastic. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always motivating to hear that these efforts are noticed.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I had great stay as my birthday treat. CHARLOTTE was brilliant, checked in was smooth and professional. We was upgraded to lovely suite. The hotel is brilliant. They set up the Smal Conservatory for our dinner (privat and very romantic). Staff is out from this planet: LUKE (the Manager) welcome us with great smile, friendly and professional approaching. DECLAN treat us with perfectly mixed pre-dinner cocktails, which was not in the menu, he was very creative with incredible knowledge and great hospitality. For a dinner we had Rack of Lamb (was cooked to the perfection) and Prawn Stroganoff (was amazing). Table service provided by PIOTR was amazing! (Great personality, attentive and knowledgeable).After dinner all staff surprised me with Happy birthday plate and serenade !!!
They made my day !!!
Next day breakfast meet our expectations. LUCIA and EVA was incredibly good, no request to larg for them. buffet. We are had the best Eggs Benedict ever!!!
Quick Summary:
●Great location.
●Perfectly designed room.
●The best Bar and Restaurant.
●Delicious food.
●THE BEST STAFF IN THE WORLD !!!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING !!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ania P
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your recent visit.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us and that you feel the hotel is brilliant. I am pleased that you felt the room was perfectly designed and that the location was also great.

Our staff like to ensure that special occasions such as these are memorable and so I am thrilled that their hard work was appreciated. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that Charlotte, Luke, Declan, Piotr, Lucia and Eva were especially pleasant and friendly during your stay with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I am equally thrilled that you enjoyed your evening meal of prawn stroganoff and lamb and your breakfast of Eggs Benedict in The Blue Door Bistro. Your kind feedback is wonderful to read and I will be sure to share this with the kitchen team.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Montague soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our experience here were wonderful. Perfect place with perfect service and very confortable. I recomend it. The ubication is also perfect. We felt like at home loved it so much. Im sure we will go there again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review following your recent visit.

I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us here at the Montague.

It is equally delightful that you felt the hotel was the perfect place with perfect service and very comfortable. Our staff like to ensure that our guests feel at home during their time with us and so I am happy that we met your expectations. I am also pleased that the location suited your needs.

Your kind recommendation is highly appreciated; I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just got back yesterday from a 5 night stay at this hotel. The lobby staff could not have been better. The restaurant staff, while quite friendly and capable, were a little too loud in my opinion. The head woman spoke in a super-friendly fashion to EVERYONE, but was so loud that I heard EVERY conversation. The breakfast food was mediocre with better food to be found for MUCH less within a few blocks of the hotel.

My biggest complaint was the room size. It was a like being on a cruise ship and in some ways worse. The room was so small it was difficult to move around with 2 people. I know this is a fairly standard european thing, but for the money I had to pay for this room, I was not happy. The location was good and we were pleased at how quiet the street was, considering we were in a large city. I do think I would choose to stay here again given the value received for what I paid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank MyDogCiara
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your visit to the Montague.

I was really very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique. If you would care to mention that you would prefer a larger room when next making a booking with us, we will, subject to availability, allocate a more spacious room.

I would also like to apologise for the disruption during your breakfast with us. Although you thought they were friendly and capable, I am sorry that one of the staff member’s was a little loud during the service. Our staff enjoy interacting with our guests, however I am sorry that on this occasion you felt the conversation was too disruptive.

I am pleased however that you felt the lobby staff could not have been better during your time with us.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.