“Speechless”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #12 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The location is amazing, the rooms are big spotless and well decorated, the breakfast is great (loved the fresh fruit) and the atmosphere is relaxing but above all this place is all about the SERVICE!
My girlfriend and I arrived to the hotel on a very short notice after our flight was canceled and after a very long night at the airport terminal.From the minute we walked in the staff made us feel at home. All our requests were answered immediately, the concierge (Sandor) toured with us around the hotel presenting the hotels facilities, Andrew in the front desk was very helpful with recommending nearby restaurants and solving other small issues we had and Charlotte helped us organize all the paperwork needed for the flight agency ( and there was allot).
Because my girlfriend and i are both students we usually cant afford these type of hotels, but after spending two nights at this terrific place I am sure that we will be back for more....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ranmate
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you and your girlfriend enjoyed a pleasant stay with us at the Montague.

We understand that not all holidays go to plan and so when issues like what you experienced happen we like to ensure that our guests are truly comfortable. I am thrilled that Sandor, Andrew and Charlotte all assisted you on arrival and during your time with us.

It is equally wonderful to read that you found your room to be spotless and well decorated and that the atmosphere in the hotel was relaxing.

Your kind comment that the breakfast in The Blue Door Bistro was great, especially the fresh fruit, is most appreciated.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Montague on The Gardens

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our visit started about four months before we arrived. Once I'd made the reservations, I emailed the Concierge to request recommendations on private guides and tours. We had several email exchanges and the Concierge who booked two tours for us.

When we arrived to checkin, their first words were "Mr. and Mrs. X, we've been waiting for you."

Our room beautiful and well maintained. We had a couple of minor issues which were addressed immediately.

The Concierge and the front desk were exceptional. The included breakfast was very good. It included both English and American breakfast items.

The location is excellent. Tube stations are close by and it is about a 10 minute taxi ride to central London.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cruzzzinma
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests have everything they need from the moment they book to make their stay with us comfortable and memorable. I am delighted that the Concierge team assisted with booking tours for you and that you felt they were exceptional. I will be sure to share this feedback with the team and that their service is duly noted.

I was sorry to read that you had a few issues in your room, however I am pleased that the staff rectified them and that this did not detract too much from your time with us.

Your kind feedback that the breakfast served in the Blue Door Bistro was very good is highly appreciated.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for just for one night last week and could not find any fault with our stay. The room was very comfortable and quiet. We only had breakfast in the hotel but it was very good with plenty of choice and the service was excellent.. All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and efficient. It took us less than 15 minutes to walk into Covent Garden. The British Museum is just across the road. I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hope48

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent stay.

It is wonderful to read that you could not fault anything about your time at the Montague, finding your room to be comfortable and quiet.

I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfast in the Blue Door Bistro and that you felt there was plenty of choice with excellent service. I will be sure to share this with the Food and Beverage teams who will be grateful.

Your lovely feedback that the staff were pleasant and efficient is equally most appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My first trip to London was made very memorable thanks in part to the staff at The Montague. My sister and I stayed from July 21-25 (room 218), and after traveling nearly 12 hours from San Diego, California, it was nice to be greeted by such friendly staff and have a room to check in to. We were greeted by the hotel concierge, Tommy, who was very friendly and taught us how to ride the tube (underground). Our room was clean everyday and it was always so nice to come back to the hotel after a very long day of sightseeing and be greeted so warmly by the whole staff. They definitely give a personal touch throughout your stay at The Montague.

Aside from the wonderful accommodations, their English breakfast buffet was very good! From the juices to the pastries and warm food, everything was fresh and top of the line. I also highly suggest their afternoon tea. I can't describe how delicious the pastries were and how well it paired with their tea selection. I most especially loved their scones and now have a new love for clotted cream and jam. I only wish we had clotted cream back in the states. Just thinking about it has made me miss London even more.

The hotel is located in Bloomsbury, away from the the busy-ness of the city center. A very safe neighborhood close to shops, lots of restaurants, and the Russell Square underground station, which is about a 5 minute walk to and from The Montague. Now, my only disclaimer is that the rooms are smaller than American standard BUT with so much to see and do in London, you will only be in your room for a couple of hours for sleep.

Would I stay at this hotel again? ABSOLUTELY ! I really do hope to return to London soon again in the near future. Such a beautiful place filled with such great history and friendly people.

Stay at The Montague on the Gardens...you won't be disappointed. Trust me.

So to the staff of the The Montague, with a special mention to Tommy, thank you very much for a very memorable first visit to London. I hope to return sometime soon and when I do, I hope and look forward to seeing all your smiling faces again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank GiantsFanSD

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback of your stay at the Montague.

As much-valued guests, your review is extremely significant to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide. I am delighted that we have met your expectations, making your stay with us a memorable occasion.

We understand that after a long journey it is nice to be welcomed to the hotel and able to check in to your room to relax. I am thrilled that Tommy was there to welcome you and that he was friendly and assisted you with your tube journey! I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Tommy and that his service is duly recognised.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience afternoon tea with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed it, finding a new love for clotted cream and jam. I am equally pleased that you felt the breakfast served in The Blue Door Bistro was very good.

I would like to thank you for your positive recommendation to other travelers, commenting that they won’t be disappointed.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Just returned from another perfect stay at this lovely hotel, where I regularly stay for business trips to London from the US. After long days of work or travel, I feel like I am coming home to a place that exudes safety, coziness, and tranquility. Mustafa, the head concierge, and his wonderful staff, as well as the front desk staff, could not be more helpful and welcoming. And no need to go out for dinner. The restaurant unfailingly offers delicious meals with a quiet ambiance. The Montague is not just my favorite hotel in London. It is my favorite hotel anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CCRDC

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review about your recent stay with us.

As returning and much-valued guests your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations making your stay an occasion to remember.

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that they feel at home, so I am pleased that their efforts are noticed and that you feel the Montague exudes safety, coziness and tranquility. I am especially happy that Mustafa, his team and the Front Desk staff could not be more helpful and welcoming. I shall ensure that all of your kind words and praise are passed on.

Your kind comment that the meals served in the Blue Door Bistro are delicious and that you enjoy the quiet ambience are lovely to read.

I am thrilled that the Montague is your favourite hotel anywhere, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling to London for business more than 15 years. My stay here was by far the nicest yet. The staff - from the front desk to the concierge - bring new meaning to the word hospitality. They definitely set a higher bar here, starting with the hotel tour each guest is given upon arrival. You feel as if you are the only guest as they know you by name and remember the smallest details. My room, although small by American standards, was well appointed and extremely comfortable. One lovely perk is an arrangement with a nearby (5 minute walk) fitness center, free to guests desiring to use it.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments following your recent visit to the hotel.

I am thrilled to read that your stay with us has been the nicest yet when travelling to London. I am equally pleased that although small, you found your room to be well appointed and extremely comfortable.

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff, we invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care to make sure that our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. It is wonderful to know that they showed you around the hotel, making the effort to remember your name and requests. I am also delighted that you were happy with the free gym passes we provide. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had a fantastic time with a big group of friends for afternoon tea. Felt very spoilt,staff were amazing and very friendly. They could not do enough for us. Would love to spend a night or two at this top hotel. Very central in london, Great for sight seeing and museams. Would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you and your friends had a fantastic time whilst enjoying afternoon tea with us.

Your kind comments that the staff were amazing, friendly and made you feel spoilt are most appreciated. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed.

Thank you for your kind recommendation to others, I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.