The Montague on The Gardens
US$358
US$272
Hilton
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$491
US$200
US$166
4,454 results
All reviewsbritish museumblue door bistroafternoon tealeopard barrussell squarered carnationcharming hotelquiet streetbirthday cardcovent gardenthe general managerconcierge staffturn down servicelittle toucheswest endjunior suiterooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My recent two-days stay in London (August 2014) was wonderful. The Montague on the Gardens felt like a home in London: a friendly doorman made the return to the hotel feel like coming home and the guests get the best possible start of the day due to the fabulous breakfast and, more importantly, the people who serve it. The reason a hotel felt like a home is the quality of the people: they convey the feeling that all (reasonable) requests will be granted. The only minor minus was the evacuation of the 'Great Neighbour': the British Museum thought it appropriate to ask a guest of the Montague on the Gardens to leave the premises. Admittedly, I did not arrange my visit through the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Johan P
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

It is delightful to read that you enjoyed your time at the Montague and that you felt your stay was wonderful.

Our staff take pride in all they do to ensure that our guests feel at home when staying with us and so I am thrilled that their efforts were noticed. I am especially pleased that the Doorman made you feel welcome when returning each day and that you found the breakfast in The Blue Door Bistro to be fabulous. Your lovely comments are most appreciated and I will be happy to share these with the team.

I was sorry to read about the incident at the British Museum but I am pleased that this did not detract anything from your stay at the Montague.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We decided to go to this hotel after reading the reviews here and expected it to be a good hotel. When we arrived we were surprised to find out it is even better than we thought.
The service was great- from the moment we enter the hotel, the baby cot with games waiting in our room, the cake with a letter for our second anniversary and all the people working in the hotel and trying to help all the time. Especially Mark Leishman from the concierge.
We came with our 3 month old baby and it was perfect. We received a special soap for babies and more.
The location is great, just next to the British Museum and a walking distance from Oxford street and the shopping area. Lots of nice restaurant within 5 min. Walk.
We had an upgraded room. It wasn't so big but perfectly clean and equipped.
Without a doubt a very recommended hotel!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a baby and need a baby cot, you better upgrade for a bigger room and ask for a relatively big room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Omrigol

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review regarding your recent visit.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. I am delighted that you found your room to be perfectly clean and equipped.

Our staff take genuine interest in our guests to ensure that their stay with us is comfortable and that they have everything they may need. I am especially pleased that Mark was particularly helpful and that the housekeeping team provided suitable soaps for your baby. It is always satisfying to hear that the teams’ hard work has been noticed and I will be sure to share this with them.

I would like to thank you for your high recommendation of the hotel. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Montague on the Gardens with our 10 year old boy/girl twins. The team at this hotel are brilliant ... Fantastic. We have stayed in many hotels across the world and these guys go the extra mile. Everyone we met was equally as good as the next. Whoever is training here is very good too. The children were invited to do several activities. Cup cake decorating, milk shake/non alcoholic cocktail mixing were chosen, but they would have loved the other things too. They were treated well and conversation was age appropriate ... Again brilliant. Thanks guys. We have had a really lovely time and will be back. Feel free to ignore negative comments for this hotel. Even if something is wrong I am sure this team could 'fix' it!

Room Tip: Let the team know what type of room you prefer. They'll do their best.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FourInFamily

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review about your recent visit to the Montague.

As much-valued guests, your comments are extremely significant to us as they help us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore pleased that we have met your expectations and made your family stay an occasion to remember.

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that everyone feels welcome, especially children. We like to ensure that their stay with us is just as memorable as the adults. I am delighted that they enjoyed the cupcake decorating and milkshake/mocktail classes.

We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and to make sure that our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile. I will be sure to share this lovely feedback with the team and that their service is recognised.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Best hotel stay this year. Every detail was impeccable: excellent staff, facilities, rooms, breakfast, location, etc. The most enjoyable meal in London was tea in the hotel. We recommend this highly. The GPS took us right to the hotel from Dover with no issues. Parking was conveniently located at the end of the street. We booked this via JustPark, also with no issues. Bus tour pick-up locations are a short walk a way. We walked to the theatre district. Great value for the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel this was your ‘best hotel stay this year’, which is truly motivating to read.

Your lovely feedback that every detail was impeccable including the excellent staff, facilities, rooms, breakfast and location is most appreciated.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience afternoon tea with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be sure to share this lovely comment with the Food and Beverage and Kitchen teams who will be most grateful. I would equally like to thank you for your positive recommendation of this service.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming yourselves back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed at the Montague on the Gardens Hotel August 2014. A truly delightful experience. Hotel decor as good as anything I've come across. Big, four-poster bed, very comfortable. All the usual mod cons.
Decent location alongside the British Museum. West end theatre all within easy walking distance. Two tube stations (Holborn and Russell Square) within about 5 minutes walk.
The most pleasing aspect was the attentiveness of all the staff we encountered. Nothing was too much trouble. Deserving of special mention was the concierge, Mustapha, who was most helpful and knowledgable.
Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan G

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

I am absolutely thrilled that you found your stay with us to be a truly delightful experience. I am equally pleased that you liked the decor and amenities and especially found the four poster bed to be very comfortable.

Our staff take pride in all they do and so it is always motivating to receive such lovely comments as yours. I am thrilled that nothing was too much trouble for them and that Mustafa was most helpful and knowledgeable during your time at the Montague. We constantly endeavour to go beyond our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.