4,660 results
All reviews british museum blue door bistro afternoon tea leopard bar red carnation russell square charming hotel quiet street covent garden birthday card the general manager concierge staff turn down service little touches west end junior suite rooms are small
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We hired the beach bar for our Company summer party and we couldn't haven chosen a better venue! The bar is well decorated and has a jet ski with a beach background and props for you to take the perfect selfie! Heaters are also provided for when it gets chilly in the evening so don't let a bit of chill stop you from visiting! The staff were amazing and we can't speak highly of them enough!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear guest,

Thanks so much for your kind words following your recent visit to the Beach Bar at The Montague on the Gardens Hotel.

I was really happy to read that you and your colleagues had a great time with us and we hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

My best regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Super nice everything, the hotel is very charming with lots of amenities, fantastic receptionists like Wayne and fab concierges. Loved the jazz concerts, it was quite rainy and they provided umbrellas, informed us how to get to Oxford, my mom fell in the last day of our stay and they have her a cane. Very well located next to Holborn tube station although since we were a party of three we took Uber. Almost door to door with the British Museum. Very nice neighborhood. Had room service super punctual with great choices. Free wi-for, bath robes, sleepers, tea/ coffee machine, lovely garden and even a gym that we did not use. Will come again without question.

Room Tip: We booked a junior suite and for three is perfect, of you want more there is also a more lux one that they offer but had stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback following your stay with us at The Montague on the Gardens Hotel.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay including the great location and of course the brilliant service we try our hardest to provide to our guests. I have passed your feedback on to all the team.

My best regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Just stayed four nights here with my cousin on a return visit to London. Previously stayed 4 nights alone in 2015. The hotel is excellent in every way. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and cheerful rooms, breakfasts good, dinners and afternoon tea in dining rooms good (tea is actually a five-star experience, and you can have it in several rooms). And the location, in Bloomsbury and next to the British Museum is perfect. Of course you have to pay for this. They run occasional specials, so do check. My single room in 2015 was small, but very well-appointed. Our double room in 2017 fairly large for London. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback following your recent return stay with us at The Montague on the Gardens Hotel.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay including the great location, the facilities and of course the best service we try our hardest to provide to all of our guests.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My niece and I spent a week at Montague on the Gardens (my second stay) and it was everything I had hoped it would be. Small enough for us to feel special, greeted by name when we passed through the lobby, and large enough to have an excellent restaurant and more casual venues for tea or a drink. This was my niece's first trip to Europe and I wanted a place that felt truly English and MOG is exactly that - old world but with a wink to modernity. The room was small but had everything we needed - especially a comfortable bed and great wireless internet. I love being next to the British Museum and there is easy access to the underground, theatre, and shopping. I'll be back - soon, I hope.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,

I was really pleased to read that you and your niece enjoyed your stay including the great location near the British Museum and of course the brilliant service we try our hardest to provide to our guests. I have already passed your feedback on to all the team.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2017

What a beautiful classy hotel. The staff were amazing! I'd like to give a special nod of appreciation to Levente, Mark, Ben and Lucia for making it a more personalized stay.
The only reason I take a star off is that everything was tiny. I know there are big people in London, I saw a bunch! I am 6'4" and trying to fit in that shower was pretty tough. So the room wasn't the greatest but the staff made up for it. We had a jolly good time!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of the Montague on the Gardens Hotel.

I was happy that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us and have noted your room preferences for a future stay which I hope is soon.

I have passed on your feedback to all of the team including Levente, Mark, Ben and Lucia.

With renewed thanks,