“Perfect for couples on short breaks”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 January 2011

My wife and I spent a wonderful New Years Eve in London and the Montague was an ideal location for this. Very quietly situated next to the British museum, we arrived at 9am and were pleasantly surprised that our upgraded room was ready and we could offload our bags. The museum, a show, the fireworks were all followed by a perfect nights sleep. Im a very light sleeper and this is the first hotel I can genuinely say that I wasn't disturbed one jot. Young, exceptionally attentive staff added to our enjoyment.

1  Thank hyltonsurgery
There are newer reviews for The Montague on The Gardens

Reviewed 10 January 2011

9 of us stayed at the Montague for New Years Eve/New Years Day 2010/2011 and had a brilliant time. The hotel, food, rooms & staff are exceptional. Everyone is so friendly and helpfull without fawning all over you. I really cant fault the place and whilst I accept its not the cheapest place to stay, its our hotel of choice whenever we stay in London. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - we cant wait to go back.
John & Jules, Derbyshire

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bunty08
Reviewed 6 January 2011

My wife and I spent eight days at the Montague in early December. It was our third trip to London last year. I intended to post this review sooner, but Trip Advisor does not permit you to post a review within three months of a previous one (see my previous reviews dated March 13 and September 30, 2010). As before, I just cannot say enough about the management and staff. Arriving at the Montague is like arriving at the home of a favorite relative. The experience has the same life-affirming quality about it. There is no point in me repeating what I have said in my earlier reviews, except to say this: If you’re planning a visit to London, and the impersonal glass and concrete experience is not for you, then there is only one hotel you should consider – Montague on the Gardens.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wichoo47
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Our stay was impeccable as usual and the member of staff who looked after us on New Year's Eve was brilliant, unfortunately we do not remember his name. Also we appreciated the upgrade to a wonderful split level room.

Robert Morgan

1  Thank Dutronc
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I use this hotel very often, staying a couple of times a month, the locaton is good the service excellant with the best conciege I have come across, nohing is too much trouble. The rooms are delightful, if a little on the small side occasionally. The quality of the beds is always excellant. It is a very decadent hotel which I would definately recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Huw P
Reviewed 6 January 2011

This hotel is beautiful and clean. The staff are first class and very friendly. They did everything they could to make our stay special. The room was wonderful. We could have done with a little more space in the room, but we did stay in the cheapest room available.

1  Thank Tibbo12
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My husband and I both travel quite a bit, both together for leisure and also separately (for work purposes). Of all the hotels we have stayed in, the Montague on the Gardens is by far the one we both prefer (we have been here three times in 18 months). The hotel itself is in an excellent location, the Piccadilly and Central lines are a mere 5 minute walk away (Russell Square and Holborn respectively), and within walking distance of other attractions such as West End theatres and Leicester Square. The rooms are snug and lavishly furnished, the lobby is exquisite and the food (we have sampled breakfast and tea) are definitely above average for a hotel. But the thing that keeps us coming back for more is the service. It is really quite excellent. It is immediately apparent that a lot of thought and investment has gone into training the staff and it shows. No matter what time, day or night, they always have a smile on their faces, they always do their best to help out and they look genuinely concerned if something may not be to your liking. Going back to the hotel after a long day of sightseeing and shopping feels like going back home - the warmth, the smiles, the will to please of the staff really makes this hotel a notch above the rest.

1  Thank amandadeba