“Fantastic Service and friendly staff”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We have just had a lovely stay at The Montague. The staff couldn't do enough for you and were all polite & friendly. The bedroms are a little small but have everything you need and beds are very comfortable.

We had a couple of issues during our stay which were dealt with efficiently and quickly.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, it is a little pricey but in this instance you do get what you pay for!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janet190261
There are newer reviews for The Montague on The Gardens

Reviewed 13 January 2011

My wife and I spent a wonderful New Years Eve in London and the Montague was an ideal location for this. Very quietly situated next to the British museum, we arrived at 9am and were pleasantly surprised that our upgraded room was ready and we could offload our bags. The museum, a show, the fireworks were all followed by a perfect nights sleep. Im a very light sleeper and this is the first hotel I can genuinely say that I wasn't disturbed one jot. Young, exceptionally attentive staff added to our enjoyment.

1  Thank hyltonsurgery
Reviewed 10 January 2011

9 of us stayed at the Montague for New Years Eve/New Years Day 2010/2011 and had a brilliant time. The hotel, food, rooms & staff are exceptional. Everyone is so friendly and helpfull without fawning all over you. I really cant fault the place and whilst I accept its not the cheapest place to stay, its our hotel of choice whenever we stay in London. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - we cant wait to go back.
John & Jules, Derbyshire

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bunty08
Reviewed 6 January 2011

My wife and I spent eight days at the Montague in early December. It was our third trip to London last year. I intended to post this review sooner, but Trip Advisor does not permit you to post a review within three months of a previous one (see my previous reviews dated March 13 and September 30, 2010). As before, I just cannot say enough about the management and staff. Arriving at the Montague is like arriving at the home of a favorite relative. The experience has the same life-affirming quality about it. There is no point in me repeating what I have said in my earlier reviews, except to say this: If you’re planning a visit to London, and the impersonal glass and concrete experience is not for you, then there is only one hotel you should consider – Montague on the Gardens.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wichoo47
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Our stay was impeccable as usual and the member of staff who looked after us on New Year's Eve was brilliant, unfortunately we do not remember his name. Also we appreciated the upgrade to a wonderful split level room.

Robert Morgan

1  Thank Dutronc
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I use this hotel very often, staying a couple of times a month, the locaton is good the service excellant with the best conciege I have come across, nohing is too much trouble. The rooms are delightful, if a little on the small side occasionally. The quality of the beds is always excellant. It is a very decadent hotel which I would definately recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Huw P
Reviewed 6 January 2011

This hotel is beautiful and clean. The staff are first class and very friendly. They did everything they could to make our stay special. The room was wonderful. We could have done with a little more space in the room, but we did stay in the cheapest room available.

1  Thank Tibbo12