“My Favourite Hotel in London”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #391 of 1,069 Hotels in London
East Sussex
“My Favourite Hotel in London”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I am a professional musican and travel extensively, staying in many different hotels, which vary in many ways!!.
However, when I work in London I always stay at the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth hotel.
I have been a guest here for more than 10 years now and I have never experienced anything short of exemplary service.
All the wonderful staff are friendly and extremely helpful.
The rooms are lush, comfortable, and always immaculate.
I usually only eat breakfast there, ( excellent) as my work means I am elsewhere in the evenings, although I have had room service on a few occasions, and this has always been prompt and delicious.
I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone staying in London for business or pleasure.
Liane Carroll..... Hastings

10 Thank Lianecarroll
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued patronage, it is hugely gratifying to read when staff efforts are acknowledged by our guests, I shall ensure your comments are shared with the entire team.

We appreciate your time you have taken on post this review which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to your continued support and to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The Kenilworth is in a very quiet neighborhood, right near the British Museum, which is a great attraction in itself. There are several nice restaurants, cafes, and a little pub on the same street, as well as little shops and an ATM/Bureau de Change. The Kenilworth is very close to the Tottenham Court Underground station, and is a short walk away from busy Cambridge Circus and Leicester Circus.

The rooms are very small but clean. The concierges provide excellent service, and the included breakfast is a bonus. I loved the free wireless internet service in the rooms. My children and I felt very comfortable here.

The only (slight) problem was with the air-conditioning, as it wasn't functioning at it's best (we were told), but it being London and the weather was mild, it wasn't too much of a worry.

There is no swimming pool and no spa, and we didn't order room service, so I can't comment on those, but we also didn't require any of these amenities.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank travelerC615
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am delighted your enjoyed your time with us and that you found the local area well serviced and convienient.

Size of rooms can be challenging depending on the room type booked, may I suggest that on your next visit your experience our Deluxe King Rooms which are generously spacious and worthy of the title. Besides more room to relax in peace and privacy, our deluxe rooms also include: Luxury bathrobe, Complimentary bottled mineral water, Complimentary movie every night of your stay, Complimentary WIFI and A complimentary drink at the bar subject to rates booked and conditions.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and I sincerely hope we have an opportunity of welcoming you back.

Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Stayed here by accident, because entire city was full and I like the chain. Solid, bit corporate hotel in very good location, but my room - most likely the smallest in the hotel - was tiny even to London standards and the bathroom unbelievably small. No room to even use a towel. An average closet is larger... Loved the free Wifi. Very good breakfast buffet. Staff efficient. Nice flat screen TV, but room so small that it can only be seen sideways, sitting on the bed. Careful, there is another Radisson right on the corner & Tottenham Court Tube station is in extensive 'works', so Northern line does not stop there for a while now.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel and for sharing your experience on this site.

To clarify, The Northern Line is indeed shut of expansion, however the Central Line is operating from Tottenham Court Road Station, plus the fact we have other three tube stations just a few minutes walk away for those who wish to travel by public transport.

Size of rooms can be challenging depending on the room type booked, may I suggest that on your next visit you experience our Deluxe King Rooms which are more specious and have received very positive reviews. Overall I was glad to have received your candid feedback on Breakfast timing, it is always interesting for me to read different prospective from our valued guests.

It was always heartening to read positive comments on the service delivery which I shall share with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Hasnain N Alloo
Southampton
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I had a lovely stay at the Radisson, the room was small but v nice,all you would need for a short stay in central London, the location was fantastic,most of the important central London locations were about 10 mins away. I'd definately recommend a stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ozzyjmc1
Dear Reviewer

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kenilworth Hotel in the not too distance future.

Northamptonshire
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed last weekend at this hotel and they overcharged by £421.84. They took payment from my debit card twice over two separate days and it is now going to take 5 days to get this back into my current account. Not impressed!!
When I rung to complain, they had to be pressured into dealing with the complaint as a matter of urgency - their approach was that they would get round to it when they had time !!
Advice is to pay by cash - if you ever stay at this hotel - which I certainly won't !!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stovare
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on Tripadvisor.

Naturally I am incredibly disappointed for the inconvenience caused to you due to incorrect billing for which I apologies unreservedly. It is especially disappointing for us to have let you down as we regularly deal successfully with all our customers here at The Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel.

I hope that the experience you have encountered, has not marred your perception of Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, allow me to assure you this is certainly not the kind of service we pride ourselves upon.

I am confident that should you return to the hotel we would be able to demonstrate a level of service and hospitality synonymous to your expectation.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel sometime soon.

Hasnain N Alloo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 July 2011

So, I plugged in an American extension cord and blew out the lights in the whole junior suite on the first night upon arrival, and were quickly, and without our asking, given a nice upgrade to their really nice suite in the top of one of the building's turrets (with a steam sauna to boot). They let us keep it without additional cost for the rest of the 4 day stay. Now, that is service!
Plus everything else was done very well and without hesitation or unnecessary expense.
Decorated with a flare, the rooms were nice and clean and interesting.
Very convenient to many London destinations--easy walking or getting rides.

I commend the hotel for a very pleasant staff and easy-going but fully service-oriented staff.

4 Thank travellerREVA01
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Kenilworth Hotel and for sharing your experience on this site.

It was always heartening for me to read such positive comments on our service delivery which is truly part of our DNA. I will indeed share your comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

N Yorks
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The staff were immaculate, friendly, polite and gave us excellent service despite us only booking an overnight stay without dinner or breakfast. This hotel was handily placed for our visit to the Covent Garden area. Should we return, perhaps to take in a show, we would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank TrevorNYorks
Dear Guest,

It is indeed a pleasure to read that your experience whilst staying with us was enjoyable, we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and a review such as yours is most gratifying.

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to post your review and sincerely hope we have an opportunity of welcoming you back to the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel sometime in the future.