“Good location, mediocre”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #393 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Maybe I just had bad luck, but I hated my 'garret' room on top floor in back. Food was decent there was good soup and a variety of choice at lunch. Was here for a conference/ meeting, so ok. But I wouldn't necessarily go back.
It's literally next door to the British museum, so great location.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

With regards to the room size, indeed some of our standard single rooms are quite small and I would perhaps suggest that you to book the next room category for your next stay with us.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

Kindest Regards,

parisx@radisson.com

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my 40th birthday. We were upgraded to a king room, which was beautiful, spotless, comfortable and a good size. There was a birthday card waiting for me, along with a cute little London-themed gift bag. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, we had a wonderful stay. The location was fantastic, a short walk to a huge variety of restaurants and bars. I would very happily stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J J

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was so pleased to read the positive comments from you.

It is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed & it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

I am glad that the team have made your day on your 40th birthday, and I look forward to your return to The Kenilworth!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I've been using the Kenilworth for many years as my preferred London hotel
Good value, hugely convenient between West End and City and a gentle walk into Covent Garden
Most especially the reception staff are brilliant

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth. I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff and shall pass along your compliments to the team.

I would also like to thank you for your loyalty with the Kenilworth and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel and I found it a pleasant experience. The reception staff were welcoming, efficient and courteous. The housekeeper on my floor had been very helpful and kind when I was feeling ill one of the days. The room itself was clean and comfortable, although I did have to put up with the hum of the air extractor just outside my window. The location of the hotel was ideally suited for my purposes - meetings, which were within walking distance of the hotel , during the day and a concert, a visit to the theatre and treating my family to a 'posh' meal in the evenings after work. The breakfast itself was very good and varied and the waiting staff attentive. I would recommend this hotel for a stay in London - well situated and with courteous staff.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear reviewer,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.
I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Overall the location close to the British Museum is good. The hotel reception are clued in and helpful.
The room are sometimes on the small side with only just sufficient space to move around.
The level of service is good most of the time with the shoe cleaning service a particular benefit.
The overall level of service in the bar and restaurant is good with some very helpful staff.
The main downfall of this hotel is the loud canned music that the management insist of playing in the bar/restaurant area. Despite requests on every visit this has yet to be addressed.
The level of canned music played at breakfast is totally inappropriate and yet this message does not seem to be listened to by management.

Overall, a good hotel which makes an excellent base for exploring London for the tourist and a comfortable stay for the business traveller.

Room Tip: Try not to get an inward facing room which looks onto buildings.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much indeed for your feedback regarding the hotel and the service provided by the team.

The background music in our public areas has been tailored by a professional company to reflect our business values.

I am looking forward to welcoming back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great place to stay if you want to be central for the main attractions in London. This was our first stay at the Kenilworth having stayed in other sister hotels previosuly. We felt this hotel was as good as the others with the staff more than willing to make the stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. If something needed doing the staff dealt with it in a very efficient manner which caused as least amount of trouble to anyone. Breakfast was to a very high standard with plenty of selection to suit all requirements.Highly recommend this hotel is you want a great stay in London that is hassle free.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

Thank you also for mentioning the quality of the service offered by the team and I shall pass on your feedback to the team.

We have indeed revamped our Breakfast buffet recently and I am glad that you found it to a high standard.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here recently and the location is great - virtually next door to the British Museum and a short stroll to Drury Lane for evening theatre. The staff were extremely nice and I was so relieved when they found some lost property of mine. They could not have been more accommodating or helpful so well done the staff and management. The restaurant serves food late - also good when going to the theatre if you have not had time to eat first. The single rooms were very small - in fact the rooms were pretty snug all round but hey - this is central London and who want's to stay in the room for long periods. The beds were v comfortable though... Breakfast good but a bit pricey. I would recommend for a good quality London trip - not OTT luxury but a nice part of town where a bunch of nice folk work. Thanks everyone!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback regarding the hotel and its location.

As you mentioned, the Kenilworth is well placed for the city, the west end or Eurostar’s St Pancras terminal. .

Thank you also for highlighting Scoff & Banter, our new restaurant that offers a fresh take on British classics in a comfortable and cool environment.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.