“Very pleasant stay - good location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #394 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed overnight Saturday 26th April - welcoming hotel staff at reception - our room was upgraded due to extra guests - very airy room at front of the hotel - no noise heard from the road below - good location to get to tube and around London. Had an evening meal in the restaurant and the food was delicious, Would recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to visit London

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smokey1249
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Smokey1249,

Thank you for your kind review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff and the service provided.

It is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the food in Scoff & Banter, as this is our new restaurant concept, which only opened less than one year ago. We take pride in delivering a fresh take on the British classics in a cool and comfortable environment.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth Hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Fantastic hotel in a great location for Central London. Tottenham Court Road tube only 2 minutes walk. Staff are very friendly and only to happy to help. Superb choice of food at breakfast. A great experience and base for my busy day in London. Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mick D,

Thank you for such a nice review!

I was so pleased to read your positive comments and I shall pass on your feedback to the team.

I look forward to your return to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had a lovely stay on Saturday. 26/4/14. Felt welcome on arrival, lovely room, no un-wanted noise at night, delicious breakfast are just some of the great things about this hotel. Good location too, very near for West End theatres and Oxford St for shopping just around the corner

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Donna N,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful as i booked in.
It is standard for London, if you have a single room booked your treated to a small bedroom and feel like Harry Potter sleeping under the stairs. It was basic but very comfortable if very hot. Open the window to cool down and you were treated to the noise of the air conditioning units outside on the roof below. There was even a small shower cubicle and bathroom but this was adiquate for the two nights on business.
The location of the hotel was about 1 mile walk to Trafalgar square as the underground trains were on strike, so walking was the best way to get around. I was provided with a map by the concierge which was greatly received as I located great sites to visit in the evening.
Breakfast was great but I did think that the hot buffet was not very hot, but I am a cereal and toaste kind of guy. The toaster put a smile on my face because I could control the colour of my toaste. I had a hearty breakfast in readiness for that long walk into work.
Staff were very helpful and polite throughout my stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Jem G,

The Breakfast issue you have highlighted has already been discussed with the Restaurant Manager for him to take action as it is not the usual standards of the hotel.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was running an event at the hotel and had a room booked there also. After queuing for some time to check in I got to my room. As others have found, the room was the size of a shoe box and swelteringly hot. It was tatty and smelt. The air con wasn't working and the room was completely airless. The wifi also wasn't working. I called reception and eventually someone came to look at the aircon. He said was was broken (no!) and told me to open a window (all of which had signs on them saying 'Do not open'). He told me the signs were there to stop guests throwing themselves out of the window. Presumably this is a common problem for guests at this hotel. I asked if I could get some water sent up - there was no way anyone could stay in this room without water. It didn't arrive.

After 5 phone calls to reception I was offered another room. It was in the attic - smaller, tattier, and as hot as the previous room. The aircon worked - but threw out hot air. I gave up.

The hallways have wooden floors so getting to sleep was difficult. A lot of people seemed to be enjoying the London nightlight, coming back late and making noise. At 5am I was woken up by the bed shaking. The room was next to some kind of generator that came on at 5am until late. Sleep was not an option. There was almost no water coming from the bathroom tap. I was told maintenance would fix it but they didn't bother. At breakfast I and colleagues were told we were not booked in for breakfast (their mistake).

I went to the conference room we had booked and, after setting everything up, was told I was in the wrong hotel - twice. Twice I asked them to check as we had booked this room. Eventually I was told I was in the correct room but not before numerous emails and phone calls to our travel team. At lunchtime, there were not set up for our party and skipped a course (they thought we didn't notice).

I have always preferred Radisson hotels - I generally find them to be excellent. This hotel (and the Scoff and Banter Restaurant at the nearby Radisson Mercer Street) have been so poor it's hard to recognise them as Radisson Hotels or restaurants. The quality of the rooms is no more that 2 or 3 star. I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel (or either of the Scoff and Banter restaurants) for staying in, eating or holding events in.

A real shame.

Room Tip: Travellers would probably have a better experience at the travel lodge nearby.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank waynecom7
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My parents stayed at this hotel on a trip to London when visiting for a special occasion. It was during summer, which can be hot and humid in London. I was astounded when the first room my parents checked into had the heated towel rail in the small bathroom ON. The heat in the bathroom was unbearable, and the room itself not much better, even with the aircon on. I tried to turn the towel rail off, but was unable to. After informing reception, they promptly sent someone from maintenance to turn it off. After 10 minutes, the maintenance boy apologised and said he was unable to turn it off. He explained the plumbing in the hotel was old. After a trip to reception, my parents were given another room - on entering the room, it was apparent this one had the same problem with the towel rail! After this, the reception staff sent someone to check for a room without a faulty towel rail. It was all a bit "faulty towers" and not at all what I expected from the Radisson. There was no apology or compensation for the check-in palava, even after I described the experience when asked about my parents's stay at check-out. Disappointing to say the least. All three rooms I saw were small and dated. I had some family stay at the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury just around the corner, which is far superior to the Kenilworth and makes it look like a "poor relative".

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is close to Covent garden. Super service and good rooms.The price is a bit expensive but worth it.There are many good restaurants nearby. If you go to the theater, it is a perfect hotel. Location is perfect

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mads E
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Mads E,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

As you mentioned, the hotel is ideally located for exploring London’s landmarks with the British Museum right on the doorstep.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,