“Very average Radisson”

Ranked #392 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very average Radisson”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights in the Edwardian Kenilworth. I have no complains on the service level and attention provided at reception, but i can say the facilities need an urgent refit. Rooms are too small and aged and the flooring is deteriorated and stained. I will not use this hotel again until is renovated. Location is good and bar is acceptable. Internet is free but really slow and not covering everywhere. Bathroom very basic (too basic) also needing renovation. Furniture needs to be changed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Mpancorbo,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

With regards to the décor and maintenance, we regularly inspect every room and have an ongoing soft refurbishment program in place to make sure that the bedrooms are always maintained to the highest standards.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London UK
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Excellent staff and service; room clean and well appointed - average size. Shower on the tight side but adequate. Food (breakfast only) very good but does not open until 7am. Well located for easy access.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one - others reported that single rooms very small and bed very narrow
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Phil M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed overnight Saturday 26th April - welcoming hotel staff at reception - our room was upgraded due to extra guests - very airy room at front of the hotel - no noise heard from the road below - good location to get to tube and around London. Had an evening meal in the restaurant and the food was delicious, Would recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to visit London

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Smokey1249
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Smokey1249,

Thank you for your kind review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff and the service provided.

It is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the food in Scoff & Banter, as this is our new restaurant concept, which only opened less than one year ago. We take pride in delivering a fresh take on the British classics in a cool and comfortable environment.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth Hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager
Adlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Fantastic hotel in a great location for Central London. Tottenham Court Road tube only 2 minutes walk. Staff are very friendly and only to happy to help. Superb choice of food at breakfast. A great experience and base for my busy day in London. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Mick D,

Thank you for such a nice review!

I was so pleased to read your positive comments and I shall pass on your feedback to the team.

I look forward to your return to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had a lovely stay on Saturday. 26/4/14. Felt welcome on arrival, lovely room, no un-wanted noise at night, delicious breakfast are just some of the great things about this hotel. Good location too, very near for West End theatres and Oxford St for shopping just around the corner

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Donna N,

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful as i booked in.
It is standard for London, if you have a single room booked your treated to a small bedroom and feel like Harry Potter sleeping under the stairs. It was basic but very comfortable if very hot. Open the window to cool down and you were treated to the noise of the air conditioning units outside on the roof below. There was even a small shower cubicle and bathroom but this was adiquate for the two nights on business.
The location of the hotel was about 1 mile walk to Trafalgar square as the underground trains were on strike, so walking was the best way to get around. I was provided with a map by the concierge which was greatly received as I located great sites to visit in the evening.
Breakfast was great but I did think that the hot buffet was not very hot, but I am a cereal and toaste kind of guy. The toaster put a smile on my face because I could control the colour of my toaste. I had a hearty breakfast in readiness for that long walk into work.
Staff were very helpful and polite throughout my stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jem G,

The Breakfast issue you have highlighted has already been discussed with the Restaurant Manager for him to take action as it is not the usual standards of the hotel.

London
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was running an event at the hotel and had a room booked there also. After queuing for some time to check in I got to my room. As others have found, the room was the size of a shoe box and swelteringly hot. It was tatty and smelt. The air con wasn't working and the room was completely airless. The wifi also wasn't working. I called reception and eventually someone came to look at the aircon. He said was was broken (no!) and told me to open a window (all of which had signs on them saying 'Do not open'). He told me the signs were there to stop guests throwing themselves out of the window. Presumably this is a common problem for guests at this hotel. I asked if I could get some water sent up - there was no way anyone could stay in this room without water. It didn't arrive.

After 5 phone calls to reception I was offered another room. It was in the attic - smaller, tattier, and as hot as the previous room. The aircon worked - but threw out hot air. I gave up.

The hallways have wooden floors so getting to sleep was difficult. A lot of people seemed to be enjoying the London nightlight, coming back late and making noise. At 5am I was woken up by the bed shaking. The room was next to some kind of generator that came on at 5am until late. Sleep was not an option. There was almost no water coming from the bathroom tap. I was told maintenance would fix it but they didn't bother. At breakfast I and colleagues were told we were not booked in for breakfast (their mistake).

I went to the conference room we had booked and, after setting everything up, was told I was in the wrong hotel - twice. Twice I asked them to check as we had booked this room. Eventually I was told I was in the correct room but not before numerous emails and phone calls to our travel team. At lunchtime, there were not set up for our party and skipped a course (they thought we didn't notice).

I have always preferred Radisson hotels - I generally find them to be excellent. This hotel (and the Scoff and Banter Restaurant at the nearby Radisson Mercer Street) have been so poor it's hard to recognise them as Radisson Hotels or restaurants. The quality of the rooms is no more that 2 or 3 star. I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel (or either of the Scoff and Banter restaurants) for staying in, eating or holding events in.

A real shame.

Room Tip: Travellers would probably have a better experience at the travel lodge nearby.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business