“London bank holiday weekend”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #392 of 1,069 Hotels in London
St Helens, United Kingdom
“London bank holiday weekend”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We booked here for May bank holiday weekend as we were watching a concert at finsbury park and needed somewhere to stay. My partner has a club Carlson card with working away and so we got the hotel for free (paid with points) - it did not disappoint.

We got there and was instantly upgraded to a suite. Amazing service all round and it was prime location - right near convent garden (loads of places to eat and drink) and just off oxford street. It was a great central location. We even ate in the restaurant which is linked to the hotel, scoff and banter, it was delicious! We had a lovely starter and main meal here and my partner loved it! It wasn't that expensive either.
Highly recommend this hotel for the location ! Also - we highly recommend Radisson blu and stay here often

• Stayed May 2014
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Jessica-Sykes 30,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback regarding the hotel and its location.

As you mentioned, the Kenilworth is well placed for the city, the west end or Eurostar’s St Pancras terminal. .

Thank you also for highlighting Scoff & Banter, our new restaurant that offers a fresh take on British classics in a comfortable and cool environment.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife, daughter and I always come to London at least once a year for a theatre trip and this hotel was just perfect for us. The location (just 3 minutes away from the northern line) was a big plus and from our welcome to us leaving the staff couldn't have been friendlier. My daughter was even given a free book on everything to do in London which is actually really useful and will be used for future visits. We'd happily return to this hotel when we come back in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Richard B,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed the experience including the service from our team.
It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

Kind regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a long weekend while on leave. We picked this hotel based on it's location and proximity to the British Museum, one of the items on my bucket list (we're American). We saw that it had great reviews so we booked our room and were quite pleased with the entire experience!

The room was very comfortable and contemporary. We were accustom to enduring the Armed Forces Network at our base where my husband was stationed so it was quite a treat to see some satellite tv ;) They were also equipped with some US 110v sockets for those visitors who forgot their adapters ;) Not us! Very clean rooms and relatively quiet considering the location.

The concierge was very friendly and knowledgeable when we asked for recommendations on where to have our first meal in London. Check-in and out was very fast and easy, they also had a taxi ready to take us back to London-Heathrow for our flight out. All of the staff we encountered were very pleasant. Great place to stay!

Just writing this review makes me want to go back to London!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ardenas6,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.
I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kindest regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is in a great position for theatres, fab places to eat and generally see London. But what ever you do make sure you don't get one of their single rooms. It was like a railway carriage... not even enough room to open the suitcase on the floor. The window did not open and the blind does not keep the light out so I was awake at 4.30 every morning. The shower cubicle is only suitable for slim/mid size people ... not great value, a Premier Inn would have been a better choice.

The restaurant is nice enough for breakfast - try asking for a banana... the waiters run next door to the sister hotel.... quite bizarre.

Worst 5 nights sleep I have ever had in tiny claustrophobic box.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Elsa,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

Due to the shape of the hotel, not all the single rooms are the same shape which result to some of them being slightly bigger than others and therefore please send me an email prior your next visit to allow me to allocate one of the largest rooms.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

parisx@radisson.com
Washington, UK
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It was my third stay at this hotel. As a Club Carlson gold member I asked for a room upgrade and I was given a fantastic corner room which was well appointed with a king bed. Although I'm not too shy to ask, I think they should offer this upgrade without eligible cardholders having to ask.

Check-in took ages due to a system failure, but the receptionist was very friendly and apologetic. The concierge offered to carry my bags, but I was happy to wheel it myself. Staff are friendly here. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but across the road (at the Radisson Bloomsbury) they have a steak and lobster restaurant, which was fantastic - great food, lovely ambience.

Breakfast at the Kenilworth is still not up to scratch. I asked for a fried egg, but it never arrived. Disappointing that they can't get these things right - the scrambled egg did not look nice, too much water added to rehydrated egg mixture - a 4 star hotel would make fresh scrambled egg, its not difficult even I can do it!

Despite this, I really enjoyed my stay, the location is perfect when I am on business and if possible I hope to return again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Pwelsh,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable.

I have also forwarded your feedback to the Head Chef and the Restaurant Manager regarding the breakfast quality however I would also like to mention that we do not use egg mixture for any of our Breakfast dishes but free range eggs.

I would also like to thank you for your loyalty with the Kenilworth hotel and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Wales, UK
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I feel that this hotel "saved my left" after being booked into the Gresham Hotel (shouldn't be called a hotel) around the corner. I couldn't stay there as it was disgusting and dirty. The Raddisson got us a room straight away. The staff of this hotel are really pleasant and the rooms adequate and very clean.

Would stay here again while in London as it is in a really good location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Welshsunlover,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warboys Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This gracious hotel is in a super position for visiting the British Museum. It is easy to reach from Kings Cross train station or Russell Square tube.
The staff in reception were very helpful and looked up bus routes and times for me.
The bedroom was the cleanest I have ever encountered in an hotel. The bathroom is not tiled but lined with grey marble, very pretty.
A hospitality tray was great as I was tired and thirsty.
I only had breakfast in the Scoff and Banter restaurant but it was a superior buffet with the best scrambled eggs I have ever eaten. The rear room had a stained glass domed roof with birds in all colours. I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the back is very quiet. Mine was 302 and had a view of a beautiful London Plane T...