“Great location - nicely appointed”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #394 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 June 2014

You can't beat the location right next to the British Museum. The rooms are attractive and clean. Staff is friendly and attentive. Breakfast is great. Our room had two design flaws. The hair dryer is mounted in the desk drawer but there is no mirror. The door to bathroom is frosted glass so there is no way to use the bathroom in the middle of night without lighting up the entire room and waking others .

• Stayed: May 2014
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Steve Warden,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street.

I was very pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
with it's great location in the Town center at the edge of Oxford Street. Great Staff and nice rooms for a good price for a Hotel in Central London

Room Tip: Nice location if you want to combine business with some shopping and sight seeing in Central London
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear TerryvanderWerf,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Kenilworth!!

I shall pass on your comments to the team!

I really appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel and wanted to write a quick note to warn others about wasting money booking a 'deluxe' room. This hotel was booked as a birthday treat by my partner, and because it was an occasion he wanted to spend a little more and book a deluxe king room. However, on reaching the hotel and receiving a lovely welcome from a very friendly member of staff, we proceeded to our 'deluxe' room to unpack quickly before heading out to start sightseeing. With much anticipation we opened the bedroom door and entered what could only be described as a dark closet. The room had one small window that overlooked an inner courtyard and lots of other guest room windows, thus giving our room hardly any light. I tried to put a brave face on my disappointment as this was my partners first foray into booking a hotel. The room was nicely decorated but the furnishings were dark, also adding to the rooms darkness.We unpacked quickly and both used the extremely small bathroom, where we found the flush in the toilet to be faulty. We spoke to reception who immediately offered to fix it, or we could look at another room. We opted for the latter and were given a 'deluxe' room on the first floor. I'm sorry to keep labouring the point of 'deluxe', but I firmly believe that 'deluxe' has a different meaning in London. In the dictionary, it says 'fine in quality', which these rooms were not. One positive was the location, which I could not fault, having visited London many times I found this hotel to be on the doorstep of Covent Garden, West End and shopping areas.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan T,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to hear that the deluxe rooms in which you stayed in did not meet your expectations.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

Kindest Regards,

parisx@radisson.com

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We booked here for May bank holiday weekend as we were watching a concert at finsbury park and needed somewhere to stay. My partner has a club Carlson card with working away and so we got the hotel for free (paid with points) - it did not disappoint.

We got there and was instantly upgraded to a suite. Amazing service all round and it was prime location - right near convent garden (loads of places to eat and drink) and just off oxford street. It was a great central location. We even ate in the restaurant which is linked to the hotel, scoff and banter, it was delicious! We had a lovely starter and main meal here and my partner loved it! It wasn't that expensive either.
Highly recommend this hotel for the location ! Also - we highly recommend Radisson blu and stay here often

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Jessica-Sykes 30,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback regarding the hotel and its location.

As you mentioned, the Kenilworth is well placed for the city, the west end or Eurostar’s St Pancras terminal. .

Thank you also for highlighting Scoff & Banter, our new restaurant that offers a fresh take on British classics in a comfortable and cool environment.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife, daughter and I always come to London at least once a year for a theatre trip and this hotel was just perfect for us. The location (just 3 minutes away from the northern line) was a big plus and from our welcome to us leaving the staff couldn't have been friendlier. My daughter was even given a free book on everything to do in London which is actually really useful and will be used for future visits. We'd happily return to this hotel when we come back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Richard B,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed the experience including the service from our team.
It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a long weekend while on leave. We picked this hotel based on it's location and proximity to the British Museum, one of the items on my bucket list (we're American). We saw that it had great reviews so we booked our room and were quite pleased with the entire experience!

The room was very comfortable and contemporary. We were accustom to enduring the Armed Forces Network at our base where my husband was stationed so it was quite a treat to see some satellite tv ;) They were also equipped with some US 110v sockets for those visitors who forgot their adapters ;) Not us! Very clean rooms and relatively quiet considering the location.

The concierge was very friendly and knowledgeable when we asked for recommendations on where to have our first meal in London. Check-in and out was very fast and easy, they also had a taxi ready to take us back to London-Heathrow for our flight out. All of the staff we encountered were very pleasant. Great place to stay!

Just writing this review makes me want to go back to London!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ardenas6,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.
I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is in a great position for theatres, fab places to eat and generally see London. But what ever you do make sure you don't get one of their single rooms. It was like a railway carriage... not even enough room to open the suitcase on the floor. The window did not open and the blind does not keep the light out so I was awake at 4.30 every morning. The shower cubicle is only suitable for slim/mid size people ... not great value, a Premier Inn would have been a better choice.

The restaurant is nice enough for breakfast - try asking for a banana... the waiters run next door to the sister hotel.... quite bizarre.

Worst 5 nights sleep I have ever had in tiny claustrophobic box.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Elsa,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

Due to the shape of the hotel, not all the single rooms are the same shape which result to some of them being slightly bigger than others and therefore please send me an email prior your next visit to allow me to allocate one of the largest rooms.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

parisx@radisson.com