“Great hotel, friendly and helpful staff”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #395 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Great hotel, friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a junior suite in May 2014. For the location the suite was really good value. The sitting area was really comfortable and the circular bedroom was very impressive. The bathroom had a good size walk in shower and a separate bath.

The staff were very helpful, they even did little things like fixing my bag strap when the buckle broke.

Location is great, you can get to pretty much any part of central London very easily from here.

We went to Scoff and Banter for dinner one night and the food was fantastic, we weren't expecting much but it was actually really good.

Only very minor negative can think of was the access cards which seemed to fail quite a lot simply because they were near other cards in my wallet.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear D10brp,

Thank you for your kind review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff and the service provided.

It is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the food in Scoff & Banter, as this is our new restaurant concept, which only opened less than one year ago. We take pride in delivering a fresh take on the British classics in a cool and comfortable environment.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth Hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel staff are very kind. The 110v socket was not working and they were on to it the following morning. Breakfast is very good, with plenty of variety to choose from. The concierge is really helpful and solves everything you need.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Leonor16,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Pros:
- Great location - not far from the tube, near tech offices, near pubs, and near the casino for those who gamble
- Clean rooms with a complimentary water
- Decent Wi-Fi - the speed was consistent

Cons:
- A bit pricey, but you're paying for a 4-star
- Service was iffy - I called downstairs requesting an extra water. They said that they'll look into it. They never called back. 4-star service? NOPE!
- They were extremely stingy with the bottled water. Unless it's insanely expensive in London, they were super hesitant to give me a bottle when I asked the front desk. For nearly 200 pounds a day, you'd expect them to at least give you a few waters
- Rooms are extremely small (like most places) - you can fit 2 large luggage cases though and open them

Overall, I'd stay here again for my business trips. For personal? I'd check out other hotels.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Alberto W1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I am sorry you felt that the front desk team members were unhelpful and I shall speak to the Front Office Manager as it is not the usual standard of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fantastic hotel - cannot recommend it enough. Large, comfortable room, decent sized bathroom, good facilities in the room and excellent service throughout our stay. The staff were very accommodating and responded to any requests quickly. Excellent location - just a short walk to British Museum and Oxford Street, lots of places to eat nearby as well. I definitely recommend this hotel and would use again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nena S,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

I was so pleased to read so many different positive comments from you and I shall pass on your comments to the team!

I really appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

on a business trip spent one night at the Hotel, the room was very comfortable, bathroom excellent. Very helpful & accommodating staff. This is a wonderful central location I have stayed at this hotel before on with family trip. closed to covent garden, oxford street, british museum. Great restaurants nearby particularly Charlotte Street all within easy walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Gillian C,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about your overall stay.

As you also mentioned, the hotel is only located less that 10 minutes walk to the shopping areas of Oxford Street, Leicester Square the prime location in London for world leading film premières as well as Covent Gardens famous for its street performers, elegant buildings, theatres and entertainment facilities.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
Liverpool
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in June, The cost was very high for what you got, I understand this is the general consensus throughout London as you pay for location but there is no excuse for tired, dated furniture which could be easily updated to make the stay more comfortable. We paid for a Deluxe room as we had read reviews saying the standard rooms were tiny, this was still the case with Deluxe. There was nothing deluxe about the room at all.

Shower soap & washing products were empty, The windows didn't open in our room, it was 25 degrees outside and the aircon was very basic more like a fan that blew warm air.....

Not what you expect for a 4* hotel the little things matter....

Great Location, But stay in a little B&B I am sure they would take more pride for less cost.

Room Tip: Dont pay the extra for the deluxe. Not worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JCM1992,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

With regards to the décor and maintenance, we regularly inspect every room and have an ongoing soft refurbishment program in place to make sure that the bedrooms are always maintained to the highest standards.

I was very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered and the service provided during your last stay with us and would like to apologise for the undoubted inconvenience caused.

I have discussed your review with the Management team as it is not the standards of service we aim to provide.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth and I would request that you contact me prior to your next visit to allow me to make sure that your stay is 100% to your satisfaction.

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
parisx@radisson.com
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed there for the 1st time this week for 1 night in a standard double room. We booked the hotel via lastminute.com as one of their secret London hotels for £159. The hotel is situated just along from the British Museum and only a 3-4 minute walk from either Holborn or Tottenham Court Rd tube stations so very handy. It was nice and clean, although the room and bathroom weren't exactly spacious but neither are a lot of London hotel rooms unless you want to start upgrading the room. We passed on the option of breakfast at £19.50pp as there are countless places all within a couple of minutes walk to choose from. We were in room 419 which was an inward facing room, so it was quiet. Bed was nice and comfy although the aircon whilst on full and on its lowest temperature setting was both noisy and not particularly cool. Having said that it was a good central hotel - 10 minute walk away from Kings X / St Pancras station and less from Euston. We didn't have to bother with a tube ticket on teh first day as we walked easily round the main tourist parts in central London.

Good hotel and would happily recommend to my fellow tripadvisors.

Room Tip: Ask for an inward facing room - not as good a view, but quieter I suspect that a street acing room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Leedsbear,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth Hotel in the near future.