“Beautiful, relaxing experience”

Ranked #390 of 1,068 Hotels in London
bridlington
“Beautiful, relaxing experience”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were met and offered cool drinks at the reception as soon as we arrived and then allocated our room. Immediately we were called to ask if everything was to our satisfaction. The room was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. It was super comfortable and had everything we required for a relaxing stay. Plenty of room and facilities to get my work done too. All the staff were impeccably polite and helpful, particularly the ones who brought room service meals to us, which, incidentally were excellent, and exactly as described on the menus. In fact it was because of the staff (in the main) that I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again when in central London. An oasis right in the middle of the city. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Julie Shaw,

Thank you for a wonderful review, it is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed & it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

I look forward to your return to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth!

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed overnight on business. Was allocated room 531 - the tiniest room I've ever stayed in. Noisy water pipes. "optional" (mandatory) 12.5% service charge added to food bills. Refused to give me an invoice at check-out.

2 Thank s123485
Dear Ella Armbagh,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

Due to the shape of the hotel, not all the single rooms are the same shape which result to some of them being slightly bigger than others and therefore please send me an email prior your next visit to allow me to allocate one of the largest rooms.

Most restaurants in London add an optional service charge to their bill and in essence you have the right to refuse to pay the service charge if the service falls below a reasonable standard.

I am also surprise to hear that you were not offered an invoice upon check-out and please do contact me directly to allow me to forward your invoice.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
parisx@radisson.com
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a junior suite in May 2014. For the location the suite was really good value. The sitting area was really comfortable and the circular bedroom was very impressive. The bathroom had a good size walk in shower and a separate bath.

The staff were very helpful, they even did little things like fixing my bag strap when the buckle broke.

Location is great, you can get to pretty much any part of central London very easily from here.

We went to Scoff and Banter for dinner one night and the food was fantastic, we weren't expecting much but it was actually really good.

Only very minor negative can think of was the access cards which seemed to fail quite a lot simply because they were near other cards in my wallet.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear D10brp,

Thank you for your kind review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff and the service provided.

It is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the food in Scoff & Banter, as this is our new restaurant concept, which only opened less than one year ago. We take pride in delivering a fresh take on the British classics in a cool and comfortable environment.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth Hotel in the near future.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel staff are very kind. The 110v socket was not working and they were on to it the following morning. Breakfast is very good, with plenty of variety to choose from. The concierge is really helpful and solves everything you need.

Dear Leonor16,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Pros:
- Great location - not far from the tube, near tech offices, near pubs, and near the casino for those who gamble
- Clean rooms with a complimentary water
- Decent Wi-Fi - the speed was consistent

Cons:
- A bit pricey, but you're paying for a 4-star
- Service was iffy - I called downstairs requesting an extra water. They said that they'll look into it. They never called back. 4-star service? NOPE!
- They were extremely stingy with the bottled water. Unless it's insanely expensive in London, they were super hesitant to give me a bottle when I asked the front desk. For nearly 200 pounds a day, you'd expect them to at least give you a few waters
- Rooms are extremely small (like most places) - you can fit 2 large luggage cases though and open them

Overall, I'd stay here again for my business trips. For personal? I'd check out other hotels.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Alberto W1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I am sorry you felt that the front desk team members were unhelpful and I shall speak to the Front Office Manager as it is not the usual standard of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fantastic hotel - cannot recommend it enough. Large, comfortable room, decent sized bathroom, good facilities in the room and excellent service throughout our stay. The staff were very accommodating and responded to any requests quickly. Excellent location - just a short walk to British Museum and Oxford Street, lots of places to eat nearby as well. I definitely recommend this hotel and would use again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nena S,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

I was so pleased to read so many different positive comments from you and I shall pass on your comments to the team!

I really appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

on a business trip spent one night at the Hotel, the room was very comfortable, bathroom excellent. Very helpful & accommodating staff. This is a wonderful central location I have stayed at this hotel before on with family trip. closed to covent garden, oxford street, british museum. Great restaurants nearby particularly Charlotte Street all within easy walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Gillian C,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about your overall stay.

As you also mentioned, the hotel is only located less that 10 minutes walk to the shopping areas of Oxford Street, Leicester Square the prime location in London for world leading film premières as well as Covent Gardens famous for its street performers, elegant buildings, theatres and entertainment facilities.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,