“Compact, clean room. Great location.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #391 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Compact, clean room. Great location.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Friendly staff at check in. Very small room but clean and well supplied. Great location and the buffet breakfast was good. Receipt emailed to me. Would stay there again if I wanted to be near the British Museum.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Kaele S,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by my colleagues.

Thank you for also mentioning the breakfast quality.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here a year ago while doing research at the British Library and British Museum. For my purposes, it was ideal. The location was perfect being a quick walk to both, and to tube and Britrail stations. It is clean, modern, very friendly helpful staff, reasonably priced, and well-maintained. It was hard to spot at first--I think I walked by it at least once since there were other more visible hotels nearby--and my room was tiny with barely enough room to turn around in but it had modern furnishings and a cleverly designed ensuite WC and shower. This was not an issue since I planned merely to sleep and stow luggage while I was at the library, but for longer stays it might have proved a bit claustrophobic! For a quick overnight or research trip I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank academicprofessional
Dear Academicprofessional,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Taking advantage of the generous Club Carlson scheme, I try and book into Radisson's where possible, and the Kenilworth happened to have a late cancellation as I dropped on a single room - and it was definitely that! Very small, but more than good enough for a one night business trip. Bathroom was very nice and breakfast (rarely included in Carlsons best rates) was good.

The location is probably one of the best assets of this property, being in walking distance of a number of landmarks and tube stations, and under £200 this central, booked within a week, is still a very good deal for London!

Dear Dadio77,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
bridlington
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were met and offered cool drinks at the reception as soon as we arrived and then allocated our room. Immediately we were called to ask if everything was to our satisfaction. The room was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. It was super comfortable and had everything we required for a relaxing stay. Plenty of room and facilities to get my work done too. All the staff were impeccably polite and helpful, particularly the ones who brought room service meals to us, which, incidentally were excellent, and exactly as described on the menus. In fact it was because of the staff (in the main) that I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again when in central London. An oasis right in the middle of the city. Thank you.

Dear Julie Shaw,

Thank you for a wonderful review, it is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed & it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

I look forward to your return to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed overnight on business. Was allocated room 531 - the tiniest room I've ever stayed in. Noisy water pipes. "optional" (mandatory) 12.5% service charge added to food bills. Refused to give me an invoice at check-out.

2 Thank s123485
Dear Ella Armbagh,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

Due to the shape of the hotel, not all the single rooms are the same shape which result to some of them being slightly bigger than others and therefore please send me an email prior your next visit to allow me to allocate one of the largest rooms.

Most restaurants in London add an optional service charge to their bill and in essence you have the right to refuse to pay the service charge if the service falls below a reasonable standard.

I am also surprise to hear that you were not offered an invoice upon check-out and please do contact me directly to allow me to forward your invoice.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
parisx@radisson.com
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a junior suite in May 2014. For the location the suite was really good value. The sitting area was really comfortable and the circular bedroom was very impressive. The bathroom had a good size walk in shower and a separate bath.

The staff were very helpful, they even did little things like fixing my bag strap when the buckle broke.

Location is great, you can get to pretty much any part of central London very easily from here.

We went to Scoff and Banter for dinner one night and the food was fantastic, we weren't expecting much but it was actually really good.

Only very minor negative can think of was the access cards which seemed to fail quite a lot simply because they were near other cards in my wallet.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear D10brp,

Thank you for your kind review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff and the service provided.

It is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the food in Scoff & Banter, as this is our new restaurant concept, which only opened less than one year ago. We take pride in delivering a fresh take on the British classics in a cool and comfortable environment.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth Hotel in the near future.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel staff are very kind. The 110v socket was not working and they were on to it the following morning. Breakfast is very good, with plenty of variety to choose from. The concierge is really helpful and solves everything you need.

Dear Leonor16,

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.