“A good central hotel, let down by poor bar selection”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #388 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I spend half my working life in hotels up and down the country. This hotel is well presented, modern and clean with really good staff and good breakfast/dinner. It is also reasonably priced for its location, a few minutes from Oxford Street and the British Museum.

It lets itself down by its poor bar selection - while I was staying only one out of four draft beers was working, and the one that was tasted awful, and then one of the four bottled beer selections ran out. For the situation to occur for one evening is acceptable, but not for two nights when the price of bottled beers is so sky-rocket. Forced to find an alternative place to settle for the evening, when actually al I want to do is relax. A bit disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear BobbettoM,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor experience you had in the bar.
I have spoken to the Restaurant Manager who will follow this up with his team.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed there on a weekend between business trips. It was one block from the British Museum where you could catch the Sightseeing Bus Tours. It was a few blocks from Convent Garden with lots of restaurants, pubs, theaters and shopping. Everyone was very friendly and the concierge, Colm, was especially helpful in recommending shows and restaurants. Great breakfast. Room was clean but small. Surely, you're not going to London to stay in your room!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mike H,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by the team and especially Colm.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Friendly staff at check in. Very small room but clean and well supplied. Great location and the buffet breakfast was good. Receipt emailed to me. Would stay there again if I wanted to be near the British Museum.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Kaele S,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by my colleagues.

Thank you for also mentioning the breakfast quality.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here a year ago while doing research at the British Library and British Museum. For my purposes, it was ideal. The location was perfect being a quick walk to both, and to tube and Britrail stations. It is clean, modern, very friendly helpful staff, reasonably priced, and well-maintained. It was hard to spot at first--I think I walked by it at least once since there were other more visible hotels nearby--and my room was tiny with barely enough room to turn around in but it had modern furnishings and a cleverly designed ensuite WC and shower. This was not an issue since I planned merely to sleep and stow luggage while I was at the library, but for longer stays it might have proved a bit claustrophobic! For a quick overnight or research trip I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank academicprofessional

Dear Academicprofessional,

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Taking advantage of the generous Club Carlson scheme, I try and book into Radisson's where possible, and the Kenilworth happened to have a late cancellation as I dropped on a single room - and it was definitely that! Very small, but more than good enough for a one night business trip. Bathroom was very nice and breakfast (rarely included in Carlsons best rates) was good.

The location is probably one of the best assets of this property, being in walking distance of a number of landmarks and tube stations, and under £200 this central, booked within a week, is still a very good deal for London!

Dear Dadio77,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were met and offered cool drinks at the reception as soon as we arrived and then allocated our room. Immediately we were called to ask if everything was to our satisfaction. The room was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. It was super comfortable and had everything we required for a relaxing stay. Plenty of room and facilities to get my work done too. All the staff were impeccably polite and helpful, particularly the ones who brought room service meals to us, which, incidentally were excellent, and exactly as described on the menus. In fact it was because of the staff (in the main) that I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again when in central London. An oasis right in the middle of the city. Thank you.

Dear Julie Shaw,

Thank you for a wonderful review, it is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed & it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

I look forward to your return to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed overnight on business. Was allocated room 531 - the tiniest room I've ever stayed in. Noisy water pipes. "optional" (mandatory) 12.5% service charge added to food bills. Refused to give me an invoice at check-out.

2  Thank s123485

Dear Ella Armbagh,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

Due to the shape of the hotel, not all the single rooms are the same shape which result to some of them being slightly bigger than others and therefore please send me an email prior your next visit to allow me to allocate one of the largest rooms.

Most restaurants in London add an optional service charge to their bill and in essence you have the right to refuse to pay the service charge if the service falls below a reasonable standard.

I am also surprise to hear that you were not offered an invoice upon check-out and please do contact me directly to allow me to forward your invoice.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

parisx@radisson.com