“Good quality for low-cost hotel but shame for 4*”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #385 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Warsaw, Poland
“Good quality for low-cost hotel but shame for 4*”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I've booked a Business Class Room for 300+ GBP per night which actually turned out to be something we call a low-cost in the continent. Tiny bathroom whereby one has to squeeze behind a tub to seat on a toilet, shower gel and shampoo in large refilled bottles, pffff!!! No coffee machine. Evening turndown service means that plush pillows from the bed are put on the floor. Free newspaper is really the free one - the same you can pick up at the street. On top of that, indifferent and sometimes rude staff. Neither I was recognized as a Silver Elite nor offered an upgrade. They claimed being fully booked but at the same time one could easily book a premium room via their website. All the flaws were explained as 'a network's policy'. Don't know which network they meant but definitely Carlson Rezidor should not promote them as a 4* hotel. I've visited their properties accross 4 continents and this London 'thing' is closer to the worst ParkInn I've ever stayed than to Radisson BLU!

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank szybru
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Szybru,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the bathroom layout and the the service provided and would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth and I would request that you contact me prior to your next visit to allow me to make sure that your stay is 100% to your satisfaction.

parisx@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Enjoyed a long weekend break here and the hotel is generally a good one. Our room was well appointed at the front of the building - well-decorated, comfortable and clean. The bar / restaurant was good and breakfast good despite being of the buffet variety. Free wi-fi and use of computer / printer in the business centre also score well.

Downsides - the aircon was pretty well useless unless you were prepared to put it on full blast and endure the sleep-preventing noise. And perhaps I was just unlucky, but every time we left the room for more than a couple of hours the room key-cards stopped working. I had to get them reprogrammed 6 times in 4 days. That, frankly, is ridiculous. Staff were helpful and apologetic, but that's hardly the point!

Room Tip: Get one where they key works!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mark T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.

I was pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable however disappointed to hear that your key card and the air conditioning in your room were not fully functioning and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Knebworth, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We chose this hotel because it is only a few minutes walk from the British Museum. We had a deluxe King room which came with an entertainment package and free drinks voucher. Except it didn't. Free wi-fi was advertised but we couldn't access it. When I tried to phone my son's room by dialing 2 before the room number as stated in the room guide that didn't work. A passing housekeeper told me to dial 50 first. That worked. In fairness to the staff they put everything right when asked. Wi-fi is available with a password. The drinks vouchers were supplied when asked for, although when presented at the bar they were not initially removed from the bill. The entertainments package (?) never arrived although we queried this. They did give us free breakfast by way of compensation which was very good. Oh, and the hairdryer caught fire whilst my sister was drying her hair!
This is a nice hotel in a great location for the British Museum and they do, mostly, supply what you pay for. You just need to ask for it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Stephen D,

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts on your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I will personally go through the problems you have encountered during your stay and shall take the necessary actions as this is not the usual standard of the hotel.

Be assured that all comments are taken very seriously and are dealt with to help us improve the quality of the product or the service offered. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

There was confusion at check in, as I had requested an early arrival (checking in at noon), which meant that my reservation was actually the day prior and, therefore, not to be found in the system. It took nearly 20 minutes to resolve. When I went to my room, it was HOT and tiny. I called the desk and was told that the AC motor was out. I was immediately relocated to another room, a bit larger and probably typical London size. Both rooms smelled musty and like stale cigarettes. I was assured that they were no smoking rooms and floors, but it smelled and the smell was worse on some days. I was there for a week on business. The hotel's provides some business amenities, with free wireless. However, when I asked the concierge to help me find a nearby restaurant for pick up (since it was late and I had more work to do), he was blank. After having walked around, later in the week, and later noticed a map in room's portfolio, I realized there are lots of options. Maid service also forgot bottled water and just made up the bed, no changes, even for a week's stay. Towels were changed inconsistently. Carpeting definitely needs a power shampoo-ing, it's old, smelly, and "sticky". Staff was pleasant, but seemed un-trained. Thought the location offers proximity to the British Museum (which also means proximity to plenty of tacky tourist trinket shops), there are so many hotels in London, I wouldn't recommend this one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear NinaPintaSMaria,

I was very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered and the service provided during your last stay with us and would like to apologise for the undoubted inconvenience caused.

I have discussed your review with the Management team as it is not the standards of service we aim to provide.

parisx@radisson.com
Lytham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

From the minute we arrived to the minute we left the staff were wonderful. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere and is in a perfect location. 5 mins in a taxi from Euston and a couple of mins walk to Oxford street and the tube. We had a triple room which was perfect for us. The Scoff and Banter served a fabulous breakfast and a late night drink. All in all great hotel with happy staff, that makes such a difference.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear LadieswholunchLyntham,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!

I am glad that the team have made your stay an enjoyable one and we are very much looking forward to your next visit.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very good hotel, comfortable rooms, very nice staff and excellent location. Steps from the British Museum, 7 minutes walk from Covent gardens, very close to the theaters area and walking distance from Oxford street.

Room Tip: Check power strength of the A/C.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Eitan A,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about your overall stay.

As you also mentioned, the hotel is only located less that 10 minutes walk to the shopping areas of Oxford Street, Leicester Square the prime location in London for world leading film premières as well as Covent Gardens famous for its street performers, elegant buildings, theatres and entertainment facilities.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,

Astley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I spend half my working life in hotels up and down the country. This hotel is well presented, modern and clean with really good staff and good breakfast/dinner. It is also reasonably priced for its location, a few minutes from Oxford Street and the British Museum.

It lets itself down by its poor bar selection - while I was staying only one out of four draft beers was working, and the one that was tasted awful, and then one of the four bottled beer selections ran out. For the situation to occur for one evening is acceptable, but not for two nights when the price of bottled beers is so sky-rocket. Forced to find an alternative place to settle for the evening, when actually al I want to do is relax. A bit disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear BobbettoM,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor experience you had in the bar.
I have spoken to the Restaurant Manager who will follow this up with his team.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager