“What a nightmare!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #396 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“What a nightmare!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked a twin room through superbreak & were told if we wanted to upgrade to call the hotel, so I did one time for a price £30pn for deluxe, second to confirm got the same guy £30pn to be told just mention when you check in pay when you check out, rang again got a lady & she wrote it on system stating £30pn for 2 nights deluxe room upgrade. Went to check in around 1pm to be met by lady which I mentioned the upgrade & she said yeah that's a deluxe for 2 nights, took a deposit of £150 (which is still not in the bank) she said it wouldn't come out till we check out it's only if we break/use anything, anyway after that we got agreement to sign & it said £60pn for 2 nights and I was stood there for ages explaining to her I called up 3 times & got quoted £30pn (showed her my call log to which she replied "well that isn't going to help") she seemed to be getting frustrated assuming I was lying I guess, she then wrote out another agreement & said she would try find out who spoke to me and let me know the outcome when our room is ready at 3pm. We then came back at 4pm to collect the key to be told we've given you the room for £30pn for the inconvenience we then went to our room which wasn't very big couldn't pull out chair near dressing table, was hair under the pillow, the air con didn't blow cold, stained bathroom floor & bath. There was no bathrobes, free movie or drinks voucher as stated & nothing was mentioned about breakfast so I went back downstairs to ask & they said they would have some robes brought up to us but the drinks & movie voucher is only available to deluxe rooms purchased not upgraded & she insisted I was told about breakfast which I & my partner are 100% certain we were not, sure enough as promised the housekeeper brought them (obviously used as they were stiff one looked very old the other was a flannel type) we checked our bank balance & realised £150 had been taken out & contacted out bank who told us Radisson blu had Infact taken out the money so I went back downstairs to get a clearer explanation to be told it's like a hold and would only be charged on checkout. We were sick at this point & just got ready & went out. Next morning we arrived for breakfast just after 10 & asked for some more sausages to be told they were just getting made & would be brought over, we got sick of waiting so ate what was on our plate & headed out. Sunday morning we had to check out at 11am as stated on out superbreak booking form, so we were in a rush & it was either missing breakfast or getting charged for the room so we had to miss breakfast but they kindly held our luggage till that evening, staff were helpful with directions & hotel is right near the central line. Not sure we would stay here again after all the hassle we had totally ruined the weekend.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nicole A
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Nicole A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was most concerned to learn about your disappointing experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth and would really appreciate if you could please kindly contact me directly to discuss the various points you have highlighted in your review.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

parisx@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The wife and I stayed here one Saturday night. The location just by Tottenham court road tube station was central and convenient without being noisy or raucous. Check in and concierge were fine. The room was a little cramped for the price. We liked the bar, although didn't stay for breakfast

1 Thank stephen h
Dear Stephen H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was very pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Myself & my partner stayed here for two nights from 11 - 13 July, we had a wonderful stay, the room was lovely and very clean, staff were very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble for them, breakfast was great, self service but you could eat as much as you wanted.

We would throughly recommend this hotel, and we would stay there again & again

Dear Wendy602014,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

I was very pleased to read such positive comments about our staff and the service provided.
It is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed and it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Excellent hotel in a wonderful location in central London. The staff are excellent providing a wonderful service. the breakfast is to be highly recommended. Very near British Museum and Oxford Street and theatre land.

Alistair Graham

Room Tip: rooms at the back.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Belforduk,

Thank you for such a lovely review.

I was very pleased to read some positive comments about the team and I shall pass on your feedback to the team!

Thank you also for recommending the breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hard to find but worth the effort. Great staff and location. The room was small but the bed large. Could do with some outside seating but its very close to its sister hotel (50 yards) and that has it all. Will use it again.

Dear David D,

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu, Kenilworth for 2 nights in July 2014. Overall, the hotel is OK, a pretty typical city-style hotel with the Radisson chain.

Pros:
1. Location - central london, very close to Tottenham court road tube station (central and northern lines). When you exit the tube station (exit 2/3) turn left and head onto Great Russell Street where the hotel will be on your right (not massively advertised so keep your eyes peeled).
2. Breakfast - really nice, a feast fit for a king! All cooked options, and continental (cereal, fruit, croissants, pastries, cold meats etc).
3. Gym - well, it has one.

Cons:
1. Price - way overpriced for what you get. It is an AVERAGE hotel, I left feeling a bit ripped off.
2. Staff - receptionist was quite rude, and not proactive in offering help (i.e. where is.... what time is breakfast.....)
3. Cleanliness - it is clean, but the place smells of smoke. It is an old London hotel, which cant get rid of the smoke embedded in the furnishings since the smoking ban.
4. Rooms - mine was TINY. A double, but the lifts (hence, noisy) with the bed pushed up to the door/wall. I've stayed in a lot of London hotels, and this room was the smallest by far.

I would recommend for anyone wanting a central London hotel, who just wants to put their head down. Not recommended for anyone wanting that extra-level, beyond average feel. I.e. not a romantic getaway, there's better for business-people elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Oreo_jo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed valuable feedback following your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was very sorry to hear about the various issues you have encountered while staying with us and would like to apologise for the undoubted inconvenience caused.

With regards to the room size, indeed some of our standard rooms are quite small and I would perhaps suggest that you to book the next room category for your next stay with us.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

Kindest Regards,

parisx@radisson.com
Foster City, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014

While I loved the location and the staff was helpful, and, most importantly, the room was quiet, room was a bit small, and I could barely fit on the toilet. Very annoyed at the price, which was much, much higher than our previous stays. Airport limo service much too expensive, and the are-you-kidding addition of an enormous fee for even the continental breakfast meant we ate down the street for all breakfasts for an extended stay.In short, loved the hotel, but your pricing is not aimed at the family-leisure market, but at the yuppie business expense account one. Not sure I'd stay again with those extravagant room and breakfast fees.

Room Tip: Get something high up and quiet. Gower Street has a lot of idiotic truck noise, and the hotel room c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob M
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Bob M,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by my colleagues.

With regards to the rate, unfortunately the rate fluctuates depending on the time of the year. I would recommend checking out our website next time you would like to stay with us to find the best available rate.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future.