“Avoid room 704”

Ranked #390 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Avoid room 704”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel was very impressive on arrival, room 704 seemed ok, air con was working, we went to theatre came back turned air con off so could sleep as it was quite noisy, only to discover that our room was positively droning from noise of air con unit on roof, even water in glass could be seen vibrating, complained to duty manager at 1.30 in morning to be told nothing could be done, not offered a quieter room, so consequently I left in morning having had no sleep and a migraine as a consequence, so many thanks for a hell of a night I will not be returning

Room Tip: not 7th floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Carol R,

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts on your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I have personally checked room 704 with my Maintenance Manager and we will take the necessary action to remedy the problem.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth soon.

Please email me prior your next visit and I will make sure that your stay will be 100% to your satisfaction.

parisx@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is in a super location, almost next door to the British museum which we took full advantage of during our staff.

I have to say we found the staff very friendly and efficient in all cases from the concierge to the reception to the bar staff.

The room was a little on the small side and the bathroom was tiny, this is why I have marked the hotel down as it was impossible to open the shower door and the bathroom door at the same time and it was difficult to climb into the bath

It's only less than 5 minutes to the nearest tube station on Tottenham Court Rd so again it's very convenient. All in all a pleasant stay, London prices are a bit of a shocker sometimes but it is a very expensive city and this hotel is well placed. There are many options for meal on the same street so you are not confined to eating in if you are staying for a few days as we did.

Apart from the bathroom the only thing I hated was the loud shutting doors! one morning I was forced to leave my room early as the maid was cleaning in huge corridor and the bang bang from the very loud locks on the doors was unbelievable.....needs sorting

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Rosie and Jan,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

As you mentioned, the hotel is ideally located for exploring London’s landmarks with the British Museum right on the doorstep.

I have asked our Maintenance Manager to look into the comments you have made and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,

LONDON
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Another great stay at the Radisson Kenilworth.

Welcomed back by the receptionist as they had my Club Carlson card on record. Upgraded to a bigger and better room too.

Did not use the restaurant for breakfast.

Would happily stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Jonnogreig,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that once more you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by my colleagues.
I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future.

Dublin
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here with my 2 children. Lovely modern clean hotel very well located. Helpful, friendly staff. Good food. The location of room 114 wasn't great due to loud security doors leading to other bedrooms being banged shut. Also due to it's close proximity to reception there was a lot of noise. Would stay again (in a different room!)

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Twokidsinlondon,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you and your two children enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused regarding the noise from outside the room and be assured that I will certainly look into it.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stopped her last a few months ago when going the theatre. Very clean and modern. Staff really helpful especially as we checked out. Good room with large bathroom (can't remember which rate we were on though).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nick T,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.
I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth and I look forward to welcome you again soon!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Kenilworth for a night in july 2014, the hotel is very central and upon arrival looks nice and well presented. When I checked in the receptionist was charming, having just arrived from new zealand I was tired and very grumpy but she turned this around and made me feel very welcome and told me about her recent trip to auckland. I went up to my room and it was what I would expect from this hotel chain and staying in central london, the room was well appointed and the bathroom was good too. I met the housekeeper and they were friendly and helpful, the only downside to my stay was that I had to use the stairs as the lifts were out of order while a false fire alarm was investigated.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again, and prior to departing the country I may well return to visit if time permits. Having stayed at many hotels around the world I believe that this one for the cost involved is great value and the staff were just begging to interact and be friendly!

Room Tip: ask for a room away on the opposite side to gower st as that's the busy side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear 78 Richard,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

Thank you also for mentioning the quality of the service offered by the team and I shall pass on your feedback to the team.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked a twin room through superbreak & were told if we wanted to upgrade to call the hotel, so I did one time for a price £30pn for deluxe, second to confirm got the same guy £30pn to be told just mention when you check in pay when you check out, rang again got a lady & she wrote it on system stating £30pn for 2 nights deluxe room upgrade. Went to check in around 1pm to be met by lady which I mentioned the upgrade & she said yeah that's a deluxe for 2 nights, took a deposit of £150 (which is still not in the bank) she said it wouldn't come out till we check out it's only if we break/use anything, anyway after that we got agreement to sign & it said £60pn for 2 nights and I was stood there for ages explaining to her I called up 3 times & got quoted £30pn (showed her my call log to which she replied "well that isn't going to help") she seemed to be getting frustrated assuming I was lying I guess, she then wrote out another agreement & said she would try find out who spoke to me and let me know the outcome when our room is ready at 3pm. We then came back at 4pm to collect the key to be told we've given you the room for £30pn for the inconvenience we then went to our room which wasn't very big couldn't pull out chair near dressing table, was hair under the pillow, the air con didn't blow cold, stained bathroom floor & bath. There was no bathrobes, free movie or drinks voucher as stated & nothing was mentioned about breakfast so I went back downstairs to ask & they said they would have some robes brought up to us but the drinks & movie voucher is only available to deluxe rooms purchased not upgraded & she insisted I was told about breakfast which I & my partner are 100% certain we were not, sure enough as promised the housekeeper brought them (obviously used as they were stiff one looked very old the other was a flannel type) we checked our bank balance & realised £150 had been taken out & contacted out bank who told us Radisson blu had Infact taken out the money so I went back downstairs to get a clearer explanation to be told it's like a hold and would only be charged on checkout. We were sick at this point & just got ready & went out. Next morning we arrived for breakfast just after 10 & asked for some more sausages to be told they were just getting made & would be brought over, we got sick of waiting so ate what was on our plate & headed out. Sunday morning we had to check out at 11am as stated on out superbreak booking form, so we were in a rush & it was either missing breakfast or getting charged for the room so we had to miss breakfast but they kindly held our luggage till that evening, staff were helpful with directions & hotel is right near the central line. Not sure we would stay here again after all the hassle we had totally ruined the weekend.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Nicole A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was most concerned to learn about your disappointing experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth and would really appreciate if you could please kindly contact me directly to discuss the various points you have highlighted in your review.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

parisx@radisson.com