“Great for families”

Ranked #390 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Oregon, USA
“Great for families”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were a party of 8, 2 families and one grandma, stayed here for 4 nights. There was a problem with one of the rooms, no A/C and horrible odor, it took the hotel overnight to rectify, but they did change rooms for us. All other rooms were fine, roomy even, which is not common in London. Great king-size beds in some of the rooms! Location is great - across to street from the British Museum and near lots of shows, shops and restaurants. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mangojenny
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Mangojenny,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you were very happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

I would also like to apologise for the inconvenience caused on your first night and I am glad that we rectified the problems.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 8 August 2014

When it comes to hotels, which I have visited a lot over the years, there are a few things I required. Kenilworth Hotel had it all during our visit.
Service: Excellent, friendly, quick. Extra plus for the lady checking us in - was so very nice and informative.
Breakfast: No fake juice, lots of fruit required. Check! Excellen croissants. But the bacon could be improved.
Site: Shall be close to the Metro, good restaurants and areas of interest. Check!!
Internet: Free wifi. Check!!!
Other checks of course is good sleeping quality, which is a given for a hotel like this.

Only negative was the small gym, ideally I would want a partnership with a (real) gym in the area. And it is somewhat pricey, but we are in London so you'd expect it!
Well, I am coming back to the bacon... Breakfast was super but why these strange (to me) bacon. I´d prefer the traditional thin crispy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GGFrisk
Dear GGFrisk,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by the team and also wanted to thank you for the very detailed feedback as well as mentioning so many positive elements about the hotel.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,

Johnstone, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location in Bloomsbury, near the British Museum. The staff are very friendly and helpful and our room was a good size, modern and very clean. The en suite bathroom was spacious. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tricia C,

Thank you for your nice review of the Kenilworth and also for highlighting one of the hotel’s key features being our premium location.

I was very pleased to read the positive comments about the team and I shall pass on your feedback to the team!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future.

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I needed a single room in central London for one night for a business trip. Prices were astronomical - there was nothing less than £200/night for a single room (other than a hostel) - and, although this hotel was one of the 'cheapest' (if you can call £200/night 'cheap') available, their website showed some lovely rooms which looked very classy with modern, boutique-style decor. I knew that a "singe" room wasn't going to look as palatial as those in the photos but I thought they showed the overall style and class of the hotel. I chose a "Superior Single" which, the website said, had a "small" double bed.

Unfortunately, my "superior" room was nothing like the ones in the website photos. The fittings and fabrics were dated and tired and there was none of the colour and class that I had been led to expect. The bed was no bigger than a standard single bed and the linens were plain white, although clean. The shower room was pretty small and there was no more than a dribble of water from the basin tap - I had to (slowly) fill a cup to brush my teeth.

Another major factor in choosing the room was that it had air conditioning. This was key-card operated - it required the room card to be inserted into a slot to make it (and the lights) work. Fortunately, when I entered the room, there was already a key-card in the slot and the air con was on full blast. This is just as well because, despite the jet-engine-like noise, the room was barely cool and there's no way it would have cooled down in the hour or so I spent in the room before going out for dinner if it hadn't had a head start.

I was pleased to find a clock radio with iPod dock on the very small desk. I was less pleased to find that it had no power cable so I could only use it as a clock, which I had to set myself.

There was complementary tea and coffee with a bottle of water, a safe and an iron with ironing board.

I didn't eat dinner in the attached restaurant but I had the self-service buffet breakfast in the morning. This was very nice with plenty of freshly cooked ingredients and a good choice of cereal and 'continental' options.

Other positives: the staff were very friendly and my room was not noisy - although it could just be that the noise was drowned out by the air conditioning.

I would only stay here again if I couldn't find anything else.

Room Tip: Don't book any sort of 'single' room and you may get lucky. The rooms at the back don...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin H
Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

The various issues you have highlighted have already been discussed with the Head of Department concerned for them to take immediate actions as it is not the usual standards of the hotel.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

parisx@radisson.com
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A very nice hotel just a few steps away from the British Museum and Oxford Street. We stayed here for three nights in a deluxe room. It was not big, but it was quiet, the bed was comfortable, the A/C was working and the bathroom was clean. The bar is cozy for having the complimentary drinks and the breakfast was very good. The staff very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The only downside is that there is only one elevator and it's not big so you end up taking the stairs more often.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator and the street.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ve8,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

Thank you also for mentioning the quality of the service offered by the team and I shall pass on your feedback to the team.

May I please take this opportunity to highlight that we do in fact have two lifts in the hotel, one located in the lobby and the second one located near the business centre.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Good welcome, and overall good hotel. Air conditioning in room was working, but unablento make the room cool. Breakfast didn't open at 7am as advertised one morning, with no explanation from anyone; when asking that night what the problem was, I was advised that due to a 'gas problem' breakfast started half an hour late. No suggestion of a refund of a separate breakfast was forthcoming even though I made it quite clear that I had had to buy a separate one.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul D
Dear Paul D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and your feedback has been forwarded to the Restaurant Manager. We should have offered you the option to enjoy your breakfast in our sister hotel, as such please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

parisx@radisson.com
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The rate was very good. The room was described as a small single, but actually was a small double - well equipped with ironing board and trouser press. The bathroom was marbled and quite impressive, given the rate I paid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear RowlandAndMandy,

I was pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.