“No Services”
Review of Cheshire Hotel

Cheshire Hotel
Ranked #998 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel has no services whatsoever. The wifi was not working during our stay which lasted 5 days. Although the website mentioned that wifi is free, they wanted to charge us for using it if it worked. The check-in is late and the check-out is very early 10:00 am. They charge you extra money if you want to leave your luggage in their safety locker (5 pounds per luggage). It is not so clean and extremely old.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shadow_Ray

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked this hotel at Easter with a view to travelling to London from Manchester to see Mamma Mia. My 15 year old daughter and I had a lovely time . The hotel room was ready on our early arrival, the room was clean and adequate only could have done with tea and coffee making facilities. We stayed two nights and the room was serviced to a good standard. We paid extra to have a full English breakfast which I think should be included in the price. It is in a good location for theatreland and shopping. I would stay here again but would negotiate the price.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the building and had no issues with this.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed 1st November, as going to see Matilda at the theatre. Wasn't looking forward to staying after reading the poor reviews. But how wrong- my room was small but clean. The staff went out of their way to help. My tv wasn't tuned in so a lady came and sorted that out straight away. I wanted 3 extra pillows, they were brought straight away too. The shower was powerful and the water hot. The bedding was clean and smelt fresh. Staff were cheerful, room clean. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013

my husband booked this for my birthday and the photos on the web look nice but when we got there we had 3 beds in the room when we booked a double the bathroom was dirty
the chair was dirty
we emailed booking.com and they pass the buck so we then emailed the hotel and they not got back to us ether we feel very let down from both companys

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recommend no one to reserve a room at this hotel. I called in advance to advise about my late check in but when I arrived the hotel was fully booked. The room we got was down in the basement located next to the staffs toilet and the kitchen. The room had no windows and the bed was horrible, the toilet was leaking, had no toilet seat and the mirror was broken. The TV did dot work and etc. When the management was approached with these problems in order to sort this out, the attitude we got was very unprofessional. The hotel staff was very rude and did nothing to sort this out. He refused to give us refund and did not apologize for the inconvenience that we had to face. The following day we got the room we originally reserved but it was not much better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sigurjon B
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The room was dangerous and they did not seem to care. He floor was really slippery and the shower head was ridiculous. My husband slipped on the floor in his haste to save me from getting scolded in the shower, which I was, he suffered severe bruising and cuts and his right knee is still painful to walk on. They need slip mats in the shower,the shower did not drain properly. The tv did not work all night and they said there was nothing they could do. The bedspread had stains all over the inside cover. We did not sleep well and couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The smallest room I have ever stayed in without question. Over priced and breakfast wasn't included. After waiting for ten minutes in the tiny dining room to be served I gave up and went over the road to a local cafe, much better idea. Despite it's desirable location I would rather pay extra to travel a bit further out of town and stay in a better hotel for a similar price. Avoid is my advice!!

• Stayed: September 2013