“Unpleasant experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cheshire Hotel
Ranked #1,006 of 1,086 Hotels in London
“Unpleasant experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

My friend came to visit me from US so I decited to book Cheshire hotel as it is in a great location and in a short time I will be able to show around as much as possible. Luckily we were busy runing around London all 3 days so I'm glad we were coming back to hotel late nights (or mornings actually) and leaving in a mornings as a double room was so small that our suitcases were took all the space. I've been traveling a lot and I never seen even single room of this size. I can not believe that they call it double room.
More then that, it was a pain to take a shover, water were keep changing temperature instantly from boiling hot to cold. It is not just unconvinient but even dangerous I would say.
The worse part is just to come. Then I booked the hotel the payment was preauthorised and usuly when I arrive to hotels preauthorised payment has been charged. I was told that my payment was cancels so I have to pay. Obviously I looked to my bank statement and tryed to explaine that money is preauthorised and you just need to charge it and even showed my statement as I was so anoyed and in a rush. However the last day of stay I noticed that I've been charged again, I left a notice to one of the receptionist look up and make it right as I had to catch my flight. After my holidays then I got back to UK it was nothing done and my bank statement showed I've been charges twice. Had to call to the hotel and one of the reception laydy promised to take care of it and done nothing. After couple days I had to call again with a raised voice. I am so disappointed about the situation as after doing mistake no one bothers to fix it. I spoke with 4 different receptionist in total about it and only one manage to look at it seriously. I went to holiday what if I would have an emergancy and needed money, just because Cheshire hotels stuff is so unprofessional I could of be in trouble. It is so sad that I have to go throu all this. I stayed in this hotel from 7th till 10th of November and I'm still waiting for my money back to my account for 3nights. I never wrote a bad review before but this experience just drive me nuts. What can be worse then ask for money back witch was stolen from my account?!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Neringa P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Jeddah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel has no services whatsoever. The wifi was not working during our stay which lasted 5 days. Although the website mentioned that wifi is free, they wanted to charge us for using it if it worked. The check-in is late and the check-out is very early 10:00 am. They charge you extra money if you want to leave your luggage in their safety locker (5 pounds per luggage). It is not so clean and extremely old.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shadow_Ray

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked this hotel at Easter with a view to travelling to London from Manchester to see Mamma Mia. My 15 year old daughter and I had a lovely time . The hotel room was ready on our early arrival, the room was clean and adequate only could have done with tea and coffee making facilities. We stayed two nights and the room was serviced to a good standard. We paid extra to have a full English breakfast which I think should be included in the price. It is in a good location for theatreland and shopping. I would stay here again but would negotiate the price.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the building and had no issues with this.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed 1st November, as going to see Matilda at the theatre. Wasn't looking forward to staying after reading the poor reviews. But how wrong- my room was small but clean. The staff went out of their way to help. My tv wasn't tuned in so a lady came and sorted that out straight away. I wanted 3 extra pillows, they were brought straight away too. The shower was powerful and the water hot. The bedding was clean and smelt fresh. Staff were cheerful, room clean. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013
Manea, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

my husband booked this for my birthday and the photos on the web look nice but when we got there we had 3 beds in the room when we booked a double the bathroom was dirty
the chair was dirty
we emailed booking.com and they pass the buck so we then emailed the hotel and they not got back to us ether we feel very let down from both companys

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jessica M
Reykjavik, Iceland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recommend no one to reserve a room at this hotel. I called in advance to advise about my late check in but when I arrived the hotel was fully booked. The room we got was down in the basement located next to the staffs toilet and the kitchen. The room had no windows and the bed was horrible, the toilet was leaking, had no toilet seat and the mirror was broken. The TV did dot work and etc. When the management was approached with these problems in order to sort this out, the attitude we got was very unprofessional. The hotel staff was very rude and did nothing to sort this out. He refused to give us refund and did not apologize for the inconvenience that we had to face. The following day we got the room we originally reserved but it was not much better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sigurjon B
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

The room was dangerous and they did not seem to care. He floor was really slippery and the shower head was ridiculous. My husband slipped on the floor in his haste to save me from getting scolded in the shower, which I was, he suffered severe bruising and cuts and his right knee is still painful to walk on. They need slip mats in the shower,the shower did not drain properly. The tv did not work all night and they said there was nothing they could do. The bedspread had stains all over the inside cover. We did not sleep well and couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com