“pleasantly surprised...”
Review of Cheshire Hotel

Cheshire Hotel
Ranked #998 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel is cheap, clean and the location is perfect. Despite the rickety lift and no tea and coffee facilities, the staff were friendly and efficient and our room ready half an hour before check in. Lovely break thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Friendly staff with a warm welcome.
Very good location, walking distance to most of the main attractions.
Tube station not even a 5 min walk away.
Room was cleaned with fresh linen and towels daily.
Not the most modern of hotels, but is a comfortable place to rest after a busy day shopping and sightseeing.
Would recommend.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness centre. Rooms were very warm, but able to turn heating down f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We spent 1 night here as we were off to see a show... got a triple room for 3 adults and were directed by reception staff to the rickety lift which fit us 3 at a squeeze... only to find the lift doors would not open when we got to the third floor! - we took the stairs from then on!
We paid for a triple room and found that our room only had 2 single beds. I complained at reception and they said they would put another bed in the room. The room was barely big enough to fit the 2 singles so I was shocked when they squeezed a camp bed in the doorway which we had to climb over to get anywhere and was ridiculous space for 3 ladies getting ready for a night out. The room was unbearably hot even after turning the radiator off and opening the windows, no tea and coffee service and duvets were disgusting!!
Good things - bathroom was clean and tidy, tv worked, room had iron and ironing board (no space to use it!), hair dryer provided and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlie_Elephant
Reviewed 21 December 2013

On 1st appearance, good central London position and nice looking building unfortunately this is then let down by our internal experience.
The room we booked was a double with ensuite for one night. The room we got was a basement room with double and single beds squeezed into it. There were no tea making facilities nor windows. The wifi did not work nor was there plug sockets in the right/sensible places!
There were no emergency instructions in case of fire or evacuation. We got to the basement using a lift and were not advised if there were stais at all.
There were no instructions on how to contact reception even though there was a phone in the room.
The shower was very powerful (good) but this was fitted in the bath and the screen was not big enough so the water went everywhere.
Overall, the room was clean but lacking in some of the basic requirements for a 3 star hotel.
Would I stay there again - only for one night as any longer would be clostraphobic.
Come on Cheshire Hotel, sort it out.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My friend came to visit me from US so I decited to book Cheshire hotel as it is in a great location and in a short time I will be able to show around as much as possible. Luckily we were busy runing around London all 3 days so I'm glad we were coming back to hotel late nights (or mornings actually) and leaving in a mornings as a double room was so small that our suitcases were took all the space. I've been traveling a lot and I never seen even single room of this size. I can not believe that they call it double room.
More then that, it was a pain to take a shover, water were keep changing temperature instantly from boiling hot to cold. It is not just unconvinient but even dangerous I would say.
The worse part is just to come. Then I booked the hotel the payment was preauthorised and usuly when I arrive to hotels preauthorised payment has been charged. I was told that my payment was cancels so I have to pay. Obviously I looked to my bank statement and tryed to explaine that money is preauthorised and you just need to charge it and even showed my statement as I was so anoyed and in a rush. However the last day of stay I noticed that I've been charged again, I left a notice to one of the receptionist look up and make it right as I had to catch my flight. After my holidays then I got back to UK it was nothing done and my bank statement showed I've been charges twice. Had to call to the hotel and one of the reception laydy promised to take care of it and done nothing. After couple days I had to call again with a raised voice. I am so disappointed about the situation as after doing mistake no one bothers to fix it. I spoke with 4 different receptionist in total about it and only one manage to look at it seriously. I went to holiday what if I would have an emergancy and needed money, just because Cheshire hotels stuff is so unprofessional I could of be in trouble. It is so sad that I have to go throu all this. I stayed in this hotel from 7th till 10th of November and I'm still waiting for my money back to my account for 3nights. I never wrote a bad review before but this experience just drive me nuts. What can be worse then ask for money back witch was stolen from my account?!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Neringa P
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel has no services whatsoever. The wifi was not working during our stay which lasted 5 days. Although the website mentioned that wifi is free, they wanted to charge us for using it if it worked. The check-in is late and the check-out is very early 10:00 am. They charge you extra money if you want to leave your luggage in their safety locker (5 pounds per luggage). It is not so clean and extremely old.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shadow_Ray
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked this hotel at Easter with a view to travelling to London from Manchester to see Mamma Mia. My 15 year old daughter and I had a lovely time . The hotel room was ready on our early arrival, the room was clean and adequate only could have done with tea and coffee making facilities. We stayed two nights and the room was serviced to a good standard. We paid extra to have a full English breakfast which I think should be included in the price. It is in a good location for theatreland and shopping. I would stay here again but would negotiate the price.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the building and had no issues with this.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family