“Brilliant Location for us” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cheshire Hotel

Cheshire Hotel
Ranked #1,007 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Bracknell, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Location for us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night, the location was just ideal for us. The room was small but we did have an extra bed in there for our son, it was clean and the shower was brilliant. All we wanted was a place to sleep which we got, and we're very happy with it.
If you want breakfast DON'T go to Garfunkel's round the corner, got to Cafe Klea opposite at 14 Great Russell Street, really friendly, great cuppa and good food, the Salt Beef Sandwich was lovely.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Berkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

8 of us stayed here, all lads so booked 4 twin rooms. On arrival we were told they on had two twins as there had been a electrical problem?! 4 of us had to share two double rooms, the man on duty just didn't care nor see a problem. The room I stayed in was 405, iron burns on the carpet, tap not secured to sink in bathroom, grotty bed linens, tv from 1970 are just a few gripes, the room was so small we just had no room to move. Glad we only booked one night. In the morning there was no hot water, when I question the man from the check in about this, I was told it was because it was a Sunday!!! Then there's breakfast, well infact there wasn't.......tables are few a far between, at the time I was in there I counted 12 diners. No table was fully laid, no direction from staff as to where they would like you to sit either. No acknowledgement from staff, no greetings. We sat for 10 minutes with not a word from the two staff, one being the incompetent fool in reception (he was also trying to answer phones in reception in between ignoring diners!) when I asked if there was any chance of getting tea and some breakfast I was grunted at saying chef was busy. I again told this horrible man that the hotel as whole hadn't fallen very short of the service and standards you expect when you have spent £150 for a room you didn't book! He told me he didn't care, we that statement we left and had breakfast across the road. I do NOT recommend you stay at this horrible place.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dan M

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a one night theatre break in London staying at this hotel. Booked it due to convenient location BUT that was the best thing about it, apart from agreeing with all the other bad reviews here re room size, grotty bed spread, no tea and coffee to add to all that our toilet did not flush properly and the best the staff could advise was for us to use the communal toilet in the basement - we were on the FIFTH floor so this meant getting up and dressed early morning when nature called and taking the rickety lift down to the basement!!!! Would not stay there again someone said you get what you pay for but you don't even get that here....quite right.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
bristol
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel looks ok from the outside but when you step into the foyer you know that it's not going to be a great experience. Holes in wood panelling covered up with sticky back plastic and a distinctly worn look . We booked a triple room for a girly shopping trip over half term so choices of hotels last minute were limited. The lifts are shabby , carpet frayed in corridor and plugs hanging off the wall. A small double and a single bed had been squeezed in so the headboards looked ridiculous . Sockets didn't work, tap almost came off in hand and silicon round bath had cracked to show gaping holes. I could go on . My mistake being I didn't complain until the next morning so was told it was my fault . Nothing offered and to add insult to injury was told I had to pay £5 per bag to keep in storage past 12noon . I thought they should have waved this at least .
Needless to say I don't recommend staying here which is a shame because the location is good . The worse £200 odd quid I've ever spent !

• Stayed February 2014
Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Didnt know what to expect with this as the reviews were mixed.
Came here with my two friends (we are all mid twenties) and my mam.
Booked two double rooms. Rooms were perfect. Enough space and storage for a comfortable stay. Very clean and room serviced every day.
Staff were a pleasure. Very friendly and extremely helpful. Arrived 4hours before check in with the intention of just dropping our luggage. Fella behind desk insisted that we get our rooms straight away.
Location wise i dont think you could get closer to a tube station. Its on the central and northen line. Oxford street is at the top of the road and plenty of things to do around it.
Its a quiet hotel (no street noise). I would highly reccomend it and will definitely be back. Price was so cheap compared to other hotels. Where its no ritz it is streets ahead of the rest.

If i was to critize it, it would be the lift. There is 2 but only one worked and it was really slow and small. Only used it once.

Didnt have breakfast so cant comment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very close to the Dominion theatre and looks nice from the outside.. AND THAT'S WHERE IT ENDS !!!! . Felt uneasy in the lift, when we opened the room door, the carpet was thread bare from foot traffic. the room was tiny, double bed pushed against one wall. the springs on the matress, could be felt on the suface and it squeaked with every move. WORST BED WE HAVE EVER SLEPT ON. the noise level from the road outside was bad to say the least. the shower flooded the bathroom floor..
booked it based on cost and location for theatre....... I know you get what you pay for..... but there is a limit...... and you don't even get what you paid for at the Cheshire hotel.

Room Tip: don't book a room !!!