I think the title of the review summarises it all! I have stayed in this hotel back 2005 before it belonged to the Accor Group and I was not impressed. Since the Mercure chain took it over, it got completely renovated and refurbished and is now very modern. Although the rooms are a bit small (which seems to be the rule in central London) they have all you may expect: very comfortable beds (some may find them too soft but I personally slept like a baby), ironing board, safe, flat screen TV, free bottled water and Nespresso coffee machine. We only paid 139 GBP for one night in a double room which for London is a reasonable price. The hotel is so well located (literally next to the British Museum and 10-15 mins walk from Oxford Street) that my partner and I are now considering it our "regular" for the next visit to London.
Nice plus during our February visit: the room was ready way before check in time and we could already get the keys at 10:00 AM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary 4 star boutique style hotel with complimentary WiFi, air conditioning & rainfall showers. Within walking distance of many of London's top attractions British Museum, Covent Garden, Oxford Street & Theatres. In close proximity to Russell Square tube station. Euston mainline station and Kings Cross St Pancras for Eurostar are nearby. Enjoy a bite to eat or a relaxing drink in our recently refurbished restaurant and bar, followed by a stroll in London's fashionable Bloomsbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure London Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Waverley House Hotel London