Mercure London Bloomsbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Thanet Hotel(London)
2,280 results
All reviewsbritish museumsouthampton rowrussell squarecovent gardenaccor hotelsholborn tube stationsingle roomwest endpiccadilly linesuperior roomshort walkbusy roadnespresso machinereception staffwould stay againcomfortable hotelst pancras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We chose this hotel mainly because of price and location. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel and its helpful staff. Our standard room was rather cramped, however, with not much floor space to spare. We didn't spend much time in our hotel room, so this did in no way ruin our stay.

The location is good, with Holborn and Russel Square tube stations nearby. Rather than eating breakfast at the hotel, we walked a few minutes to a Giraffe restaurant near Russel Square.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GregBlack, General Manager at Mercure London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and are hoping to welcome you back to the hotel for your next trip to London.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Hallways were ridiculously tiny, room was decent size and had a king bed. Damnable European shower controls were unfathomable - what was so bad about a simple hot and cold faucet? Automatic light in bathroom whenever anyone moved in main room was annoying at night. Good location, pleasant staff

Reviewed 10 December 2013

As a first timer to London and having no clue where anything was, this hotel has a great location. Walking distance to oxford st - the main shopping strip, to buckingham/trafalgar and big ben is only about 20-30 minutes walk which is great if the weather is nice! Also very close to convent garden for great cafes, more shopping and street entertainers. Another main advantage is that it is just around the corner from russell square tube station. Which is highly convenient if coming straight from heathrow. Can't get lost, one train the whole way.

I stayed here for two nights in July before a europe tour and one night before heading back home in August. Both rooms I had were very clean and comfortable. Check-in was a breeze and because I could only check in at 2pm they kindly took my bags and kept them safe for me while I explored the city.

I have only a few things to complain about. They said that the rooms all have a safe box for your valuables on the website. But when I got there my room didn't have one. That for me was quite important when I was booking that it had one so I didn't have to carry everything around with me. I got offered to move rooms but the only one they had was a room to the front of the building - roadside. This road being extremely busy was quite a bit louder than the one at the back which was very quiet. When booking I suggest you ask for a quiet room at back of hotel for a non-disturbed sleep.

The only other thing about the rooms were the room keys. It got quite frustrating after awhile because if you kept it in your bag with your mobile phone it would muck up the electronics and I would have to go back down to reception and reset it. Would have been ok if it was just once or twice but it happened multiple times when I was first there at beginning and then twice at least when I came back at the end of my trip.

My last grudge was the service of one of the front desk receptionist managers..
On the day of my flight I wanted to check in online and print my boarding pass prior to getting to the airport only to find out there had been a storm in my connection flight destination and needed to check with the airline if my flight had been cancelled or rescheduled. After trying multiple times on their desk phone to get hold of the right people I was turned away from reception completely stressed with an ear infection/flu about to get onto a 24 hr flight that evening. This was the last thing I wanted to hear and for what you pay at this hotel they should have really gone out of their way to make it easier rather than more difficult or called the airport for me especially in my state of health at the time..

Rooms were great for a solo traveller/or couple, probably a bit small for families though, superb location and I forgot to mention amazing buffet breakfast! Definitely worthwhile the extra money! Will save a lot rather than going out every morning to eat is expensive in London.
Just the service could do with a bit of work, but that is just my opinion based on my experience. But all in all a good time at The Mercure Bloomsbury in London. :)

Room Tip: Rooms at back (away from road) are definitely quieter and corner rooms are larger. Rooms on a higher floor would also help reduce noise especially if you are located at a street facing room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank L S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apology if the service has not met your expectations and be assured that we will address it with the concerned department. We are hoping to welcome you back to the hotel for your next trip to London.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed 4 nights with my girlfriend, Room (and bathroom) had good quality, although our standard room with double bed did not have a lot of open floor space for our 2 suitcases (but we made it work ok).

Impressed by friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The staff was very friendly and the rooms clean. The beds were a bit to soft for our liking and small. It was imposible for us to get a nice cool temperature in the room so we got another, bit larger, room. They also let us use their computer behind the desk to print our boarding passes for our flight home. We had a lot of questions but the staf did everything for us to get the answers.We had a very nice stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jhvkt
GregBlack, General Manager at Mercure London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013