Normally a three night stay here would cost in excess of £600 even with an advance booking, so having found three nights on offer through Accor's 'Happy Mondays' deal for a total of £180 I couldn't resist it. As other reviewers have said, the rooms can be quite small, and the first room I was given was small, inward facing with frosted glass and very little light. It was at least quiet, but on the third night I was able to move to a room facing the side street, which was a little bigger and had more natural light (although tall buildings just across the narrow street are not the best view of London that you can have). It was still nice and quiet, and the furnishings smart and comfortable, and fully functioning a/c which didn't make much noise (although in the first room there were some strange clicking noises from time to time). Reasonable sized bathroom with good in-bath shower. Hotel guests not on a breakfast inclusive rate are charged £10 for breakfast, which includes hot and cold buffet items, but beware if you want to order smoked haddock or kipper from the menu as this Mercure (unlike others I have stayed at who have the same menu) wants to charge an extra £6.95 for them! Considering the normal price of a room here (well over £200 a night) this seems a bit mean. Excellent location, close to Russell Square station (Piccadilly line) and around 10 minutes walk from Euston. Rooms at the front of the hotel could be a bit noisy as the main road outside is very busy. The staff were generally friendly and helpful but speak slowly and clearly as for many of them English is clearly not their first language!
The rating I have given for 'value' is based on normal published rates (from £225 a night upwards, excluding breakfast) - if you can get the £60 a night Happy Mondays deal then it is excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary 4 star boutique style hotel with complimentary WiFi, air conditioning & rainfall showers. Within walking distance of many of London's top attractions British Museum, Covent Garden, Oxford Street & Theatres. In close proximity to Russell Square tube station. Euston mainline station and Kings Cross St Pancras for Eurostar are nearby. Enjoy a bite to eat or a relaxing drink in our recently refurbished restaurant and bar, followed by a stroll in London's fashionable Bloomsbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure London Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Waverley House Hotel London